NBA Playoffs 2019 - Kawhi So Serious?!

Relic

I'm rooting for Toronto, but I can't take much confidence from Game 3.  Yes, they won, but they almost blew it, and it still feels hard to believe they're going to take this series. 

On free agency news, I read something kind funny I wanted to share.  Apparently Kyrie kept talking about how his Celtics teammates didn't know how to win (in spite of getting within a game of the Finals without him), and someone (not specified) in the organization retorted back "a lot of guys know how to win when they're playing next to Lebron". :D:laugh:

It might not even be true, but it's funny regardless. 

I've no preference between Toronto and the Bucks, but if GSW go through in 4 and get to rest up while the other 2 have a gruelling series, it makes it even less likely to be an interesting finals.  Therefore I hop Milwaukee close it out easily in 5.

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

I'm rooting for Toronto, but I can't take much confidence from Game 3.  Yes, they won, but they almost blew it, and it still feels hard to believe they're going to take this series. 

On free agency news, I read something kind funny I wanted to share.  Apparently Kyrie kept talking about how his Celtics teammates didn't know how to win (in spite of getting within a game of the Finals without him), and someone (not specified) in the organization retorted back "a lot of guys know how to win when they're playing next to Lebron". :D:laugh:

It might not even be true, but it's funny regardless. 

Great comeback. :D George Hill and Rodney Hood seem like they do better without LeBron though. 

Kyrie's reputation in the locker room has really suffered this season. Makes you wonder if the Celtics even want him back. As good as he is on the court, there's probably a breaking point somewhere where the team decides he isn't worth it.

3 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

Great comeback. :D George Hill and Rodney Hood seem like they do better without LeBron though. 

Kyrie's reputation in the locker room has really suffered this season. Makes you wonder if the Celtics even want him back. As good as he is on the court, there's probably a breaking point somewhere where the team decides he isn't worth it.

I think Kyrie's issue is that he's a second banana who thinks he is and desperately wants to be a first banana.  He's not good enough to be the best player on a championship team, but he's a damn good second best player on a title team, as we saw when he came up big for the Cavs and helped them come back from 3-1.  LeBron was clearly the best player in that series, but Kyrie was really damn good.

7 minutes ago, briantw said:

I think Kyrie's issue is that he's a second banana who thinks he is and desperately wants to be a first banana.  He's not good enough to be the best player on a championship team, but he's a damn good second best player on a title team, as we saw when he came up big for the Cavs and helped them come back from 3-1.  LeBron was clearly the best player in that series, but Kyrie was really damn good.

He also thinks he is a Leader of Men when he's just an asshole who thinks he's smarter than he is.

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

He also thinks he is a Leader of Men when he's just an asshole who thinks he's smarter than he is.

Yeah, unfortunately it seems like he wants to be Kobe, and that includes the part about being a me-first prick on the court and off.  But Kobe was way better than Kyrie, and was a top-tier defender in his prime, something Kyrie has not and will never be even if he cared enough to try, which he did for a few months this year before he stopped giving a shit again.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Harsh as it is, it seems to be correct , at least from an outsider's perspective. As a basketball fan I hope he matures a bunch while he still has exceptional skill. 

Hope he's not a Knick next season. We really don't need another Stephon Marbury. 

3 hours ago, Relic said:

Harsh as it is, it seems to be correct , at least from an outsider's perspective. As a basketball fan I hope he matures a bunch while he still has exceptional skill. 

Hope he's not a Knick next season. We really don't need another Stephon Marbury. 

At this point I'm rooting for him to join the Lakers. An aging LeBron, Kyrie with a bunch of people whispering about his lack of leadership, and whatever the fuck is going on with the Lakers would make for appointment television.

I'm sure Danny Ainge believes he has to hold on to Kyrie in order to keep Boston a viable landing spot for premium players (probably correct), and Kyrie is probably the cornerstone of their pitch to Anthony Davis, but I'd rather see the Celtics go full youth movement than debase themselves further to hang on to an overrated brat.

I wish refs called every game more like this one.  That late play where Klay jumped strait up is called a defensive foul in every regular season game even though it shouldn't be.  I don't want to go back to the days where defenses could maul players by any means, but I would like defenses to be able to hold a space against offensive players jumping or leaning in to them. 

Interesting stat I just saw after reading @Triskele‘s comment. From ESPN Stats and Info on Twitter:

The Warriors trailed for more minutes (101) in their sweep of the Trail Blazers than they led (83).

They were outscored by 23 points in the 1st half across the series, while they outscored Portland by 61 in the 2nd half/overtime.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:28 PM, Relic said:

I remember exactly where I was when it came over the radio that Marbury had been traded. Imagine what could have been if he just accepted to be Robin to KG's Batman....

Anyways, tonight's a make or break game. I hope the Raptors can get this series tied. 

3 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I think the Bucks take them with or without Durant.

Talking bout the same Bucks team that just lost by 20 last night?

The Raptors are looking like they're getting their feet under them.  They are an older team with a lot more playoff experience, and it's starting to tell.  The Bucks look like a bunch of roleplayers + Giannis.  In the playoffs, that is hard/impossible to win a title with.  Other guys have to step up. 

Not that the series is over, but the Bucks need to play better and adjust.  What they've brought to the table thus far isn't going to cut it. 

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

The Raptors are looking like they're getting their feet under them.  They are an older team with a lot more playoff experience, and it's starting to tell.  The Bucks look like a bunch of roleplayers + Giannis.  In the playoffs, that is hard/impossible to win a title with.  Other guys have to step up. 

Not that the series is over, but the Bucks need to play better and adjust.  What they've brought to the table thus far isn't going to cut it. 

Bledsoe is killing them on the offensive side of the ball. I think id start George Hill and bring EB off the bench for defense at this point. If he's upset by that so be it. 

19 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

The Raptors made adjustments in Game 3, such as Kawhi's defensive skills, and their 2 OT victory looks like it gave them a boost for Game 4.

Archived