Jump to content
Relic

NBA Playoffs 2019 - Kawhi So Serious?!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

Dude, for some reason I thought you were a DC/Maryland type of guy.

That's why Dame wears the 0 for Oakland!  

 

Ha! I lived in Northern Virginia about 5 (maybe 6) years ago when the DC BwB was going strong so I posted far more then than I do now. I'm actually a Knicks fan..... but having grown up in Brooklyn and with the Knick's organization as it is.. very much considering switching allegiances to Brooklyn. Growing up I always wanted a major team for Brooklyn but switching allegiances rubs me so wrong.

That said, I've watched every Warrior's game here for the last 2 seasons and they are fun to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Triskele said:

Of course.  I should have italicized "injured."  

ETA:  Point being, the calf muscle and Achilles tendon are not one and the same.  I think he injured the tendon.  

I dunno why you'd think so. Any sort os muscle tear can be a huge problem for an athlete. An Achilles would likely mean the end of his season, btw. 

Edited by Relic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like KD's injury is a lot worse than previously disclosed. I'm guessing he's out for at least the WCF. If can't go in the Finals, the Bucks will destroy the Warriors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Ha! I lived in Northern Virginia about 5 (maybe 6) years ago when the DC BwB was going strong so I posted far more then than I do now. I'm actually a Knicks fan..... but having grown up in Brooklyn and with the Knick's organization as it is.. very much considering switching allegiances to Brooklyn. Growing up I always wanted a major team for Brooklyn but switching allegiances rubs me so wrong.

That said, I've watched every Warrior's game here for the last 2 seasons and they are fun to watch.

Where in BK did you grow up? Greenpoint here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A muscle strain comes in three degrees. A first degree tear means 1 thru 5 percent of muscle fibers are torn at the site of injury. A 2nd degree strain means 5 to 99 percent. As you can see that's quite the leap. A third degree strain means a full tear. Durant likely has a 2nd degree strain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Relic said:

A muscle strain comes in three degrees. A first degree tear means 1 thru 5 percent of muscle fibers are torn at the site of injury. A 2nd degree strain means 5 to 99 percent. As you can see that's quite the leap. A third degree strain means a full tear. Durant likely has a 2nd degree strain. 

I work at a hospital, and while I didn't ask for specifics, I talked to a few MDs I'm cool with and they all think his injury is a lot worse than is being disclosed based on it being non-contact and they way he came up afterwards. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

I work at a hospital, and while I didn't ask for specifics, I talked to a few MDs I'm cool with and they all think his injury is a lot worse than is being disclosed based on it being non-contact and they way he came up afterwards. 

I guess we will see. A second degree strain can mean weeks, if not months. It can occur when a muscle cramps as you make a strong move, occasionally, so could explain the no contact nature of it. Honestly, if it were Achilles, he'd be out for the rest of the season. Which may be in play, but I'm not sure why people are assuming this is the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Relic said:

I guess we will see. A second degree strain can mean weeks, if not months. It can occur when a muscle cramps as you make a strong move, occasionally, so could explain the no contact nature of it. Honestly, if it were Achilles, he'd be out for the rest of the season. Which may be in play, but I'm not sure why people are assuming this is the case. 

I was told best case scenario is 2-4 weeks to be game ready, worst is 3 months, assuming they’re not hiding anything. And given that Durant is about to get the last major pay day of his career, I suspect he’ll protect himself rather than coming back too early. He’s already had one significant lower body injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knicks are 3rd favourites with the bookies for next year. Fucking curse and a half that is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Relic said:

Where in BK did you grow up? Greenpoint here. 

Canarsie.. end of the L train.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Relic said:

I dunno why you'd think so. Any sort os muscle tear can be a huge problem for an athlete. An Achilles would likely mean the end of his season, btw. 

I am going a bit conspiracy on this, but it seems like it's worse than previously indicated suggesting GS was not very forthcoming about it when it first happened, and I just can't get out of my mind the way Durant reacted when it happened and thinking that's some evidence of which injury it was.  

But if there's not much middle ground on the Achilles, that is to say, you either rupture it or you don't, then maybe I'm off my rocker on this.  That would be pretty wild of GS to act like he could return if it was a season ender in reality.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was so pathetic. I'm not sure if there's some weird curse with me watching the Blazers, because literally every time I've watched a Portland game, Dame has been straight trash. Like, I had to look up his stats when I read discussion online about him being better than Kyrie because he's been so bad every time I've watched. Tonight was another one of those nights. He was quite frankly, terrible and has been for this series for the most part. This was pretty similar to the NOP series last year where they just double-triple teamed Dame the whole time during their sweep, except like, the team around him was played better this time around - it just wasn't enough to mitigate his garbage play this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I'm sorry to say that Lillard was indeed terrible, and really the entire team had just disappeared in the 2nd half.  That is what is most disappointing.  That they went down in way that felt like a mental breakdown rather than a skills breakdown.  

And it underscores another thing about GS which is for all of their phenomenal talent they are so mentally tough.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, I’d say it’s pretty obvious the Warriors are better without KD.  Which is pretty amazing that you can say that about perhaps the best player in the NBA.

I wonder if that will factor into his decision this summer?  Will he feel the need to leave to prove that he can lead a team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, David Selig said:

Dame apparently has been playing with an injury since midway Game 2.

Yep, at least makes it feel like there's a bit of an explanation for the disappearing act.  

13 minutes ago, Rhom said:

At this point, I’d say it’s pretty obvious the Warriors are better without KD.  Which is pretty amazing that you can say that about perhaps the best player in the NBA.

I wonder if that will factor into his decision this summer?  Will he feel the need to leave to prove that he can lead a team?

The guys on ESPN are seriously obsessed with saying "they need KD to beat Milwaukee or Toronto."  Is this a joke?  I would heavily favor GS without KD over Toronto.  And I think I'd favor them over Milwaukee and expect that Vegas would too.  

ETA:  GS won the 2nd half 57-33, holy shit.  33 fucking points.

Edited by Triskele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Triskele said:

The guys on ESPN are seriously obsessed with saying "they need KD to beat Milwaukee or Toronto."  Is this a joke?  I would heavily favor GS without KD over Toronto.  And I think I'd favor them over Milwaukee and expect that Vegas would too.  

I think Durant gives the Warriors a major advantage when they're going up against a team with an elite wing player.  The Blazers don't have that, but both Toronto and Milwaukee do.  

As a side note, I really wish Denver had advanced.  I think they would at least have made a series without Durant competitive.

Edited by briantw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, briantw said:

I think Durant gives the Warriors a major advantage when they're going up against a team with an elite wing player.  The Blazers don't have that, but both Toronto and Milwaukee do.  

As a side note, I really wish Denver had advanced.  I think they would at least have made a series without Durant competitive.

Unless Murray separated his ribs in game 2.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Kind of agree that GS really needs Durant back to face Milwaukee. Which is a sentence that if you had pronounced it 12 months ago, would be utterly laughable. But they do. Don't mistake the way they can walk over this less than 100% Portland side ( which was always going to get thrashed by GSW as they always do, even when fully healthy) for GSW being ok without Durant. I'm not buying it.

Edited by Calibandar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×