Favorite new character introduced in Fire and Blood?

Sir Jackson

On 4/25/2019 at 7:19 PM, Lord Varys said:

Well, I must say I was pretty horrified at Alicent's desire to bathe in the blood of Blood's family. We don't get a source for that, but considering that Alicent is usually not described as that vindictive a person until after the end of the Dance, this might really shed a little bit of light on her actual persona beneath the smiles.

And it is not that Alicent would be alone in her vindictiveness here - Alyssa Velaryon also collected hands and heads and was well pleased with them, making it clear that the picture of her being 'as weak as her husband' (spread by Lord Rogar and, in part, by Gyldayn, too) is not exactly based on facts. She was the one who wanted to deal harshly with Maegor's supporters and the weakling was Rogar the Windbag who was not just afraid of putting down Maegor's few remaining loyalists but also to challenge the Rowans and Oakhears in the field.

Those signs that women can - and were - as vindictive and cruel as the men in the series is somewhat refreshing to read.

And you're only realizing this now!  Arya and Stoneheart.  Have you forgotten them?  They are two of the most vindictive people around.  

6 minutes ago, Quoth the raven, said:

And you're only realizing this now!  Arya and Stoneheart.  Have you forgotten them?  They are two of the most vindictive people around.  

I meant women in power or at least informal power smirking at and pushing for executions. And I'm not sure Catelyn still counts as a woman. She no longer properly alive nor properly human. She is a walking, sort of talking corpse. While Catelyn was still alive she was always trying to make peace.

I'm pretty sure that Westeros as a whole will be horrified in the extreme once they realize who Lady Stoneheart is and what she did/is going to do, and the same goes for Arya, too, should she ever go on a mad rampage in Westeros.

People often point to Dany is the potentially mad and bloodthirsty conqueror, but Stoneheart is already there. And Arya, too, although on a lower level.

Just now, Lord Varys said:

I meant women in power or at least informal power smirking at and pushing for executions. And I'm not sure Catelyn still counts as a woman. She no longer properly alive nor properly human. She is a walking, sort of talking corpse. While Catelyn was still alive she was always trying to make peace.

I'm pretty sure that Westeros as a whole will be horrified in the extreme once they realize who Lady Stoneheart is and what she did/is going to do, and the same goes for Arya, too, should she ever go on a mad rampage in Westeros.

People often point to Dany is the potentially mad and bloodthirsty conqueror, but Stoneheart is already there. And Arya, too, although on a lower level.

Arya is only on this lower level because she doesn't have the means to carry out a lot of destruction.  I imagine she would level Pyke, The Twins, The Dreadfort, and Castle Black if she had the means.  I worry what harm she would do when she finds out Jon Snow was executed for treason at Castle Black.  

2 minutes ago, Quoth the raven, said:

Arya is only on this lower level because she doesn't have the means to carry out a lot of destruction.  I imagine she would level Pyke, The Twins, The Dreadfort, and Castle Black if she had the means.  I worry what harm she would do when she finds out Jon Snow was executed for treason at Castle Black.  

Since she is never going to command or lead armies - nobody is going to follow a 12-year-old girl to battle - her ability to stage massacres is seriously limited. She will be able to pull some scary shit off, incognito, though, using Nymeria and her pack.

Archived