Will Melisandre appear?

madamemeghen

I'm still wondering how Melisandre can fit in to all of this? We know she will appear again at some point after that very telling conversation she had with Varys down at Dragonstone.

"Oh, I will return dear Spider. One last time. I have to die in this strange country, just like you.”

Will it be at the final battle with the NK where we'll see the Azor Ahai prophecy fulfilled in some way?

1 hour ago, madamemeghen said:

I'm still wondering how Melisandre can fit in to all of this? We know she will appear again at some point after that very telling conversation she had with Varys down at Dragonstone.

"Oh, I will return dear Spider. One last time. I have to die in this strange country, just like you.”

Will it be at the final battle with the NK where we'll see the Azor Ahai prophecy fulfilled in some way?

Yeah I am surprised we haven’t seen her yet.

53 minutes ago, Lady Rhodes said:

I read that she is in the final season.  My guess is that she is arriving for the ep. 5 battle.  I don't think the WW are going to be defeated next week. 

This is a very good point. It never sat well with me that the NK story line could be resolved so soon. Maybe he escapes and takes the battle down to KL where we'll finally see a dragon over KL as Bran predicted

Bit of a tinfoil theory but a part of me wonders if Bran's plan to bait the Night King will fail simply because he won't show, or even if he does he won't be defeated. Either way, if Melisandre turns up for a last minute save I'd be worried that it just becomes a deus ex machina moment.

Frankly, if NK goes down in Episode 3 - I'd be disappointed. 

2 minutes ago, Faera said:

Bit of a tinfoil theory but a part of me wonders if Bran's plan to bait the Night King will fail simply because he won't show, or even if he does he won't be defeated. Either way, if Melisandre turns up for a last minute save I'd be worried that it just becomes a deus ex machina moment.

Frankly, if NK goes down in Episode 3 - I'd be disappointed. 

A lot people will be disappointed if the NK is defeated next episode, myself included. 

2 minutes ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

A lot people will be disappointed if the NK is defeated next episode, myself included. 

As much as people like to throw shade on D&D I doubt they're going to kill off their "poster-boy of evil" in episode 3 and have the last be pow-wow be Dragons versus the Golden Company without No-Elephants. At least, that's what I tell myself at life. If they couldn't have those elephants then they probably had to blow most of the CGI budget on the NK and White Walkers, the dragons and, if we're lucky, Ghost.

Personally, if we get to the end and Cersei's choice to wait out the war doesn't end with the hyped-up Battle for the Dawn ever making its way to her door-step I will feel cheated. I'm not saying she has to come face-to-face with the Night King or anything but... something, please! 

I half-expected her and Kinvara to show up right when the battle for WF commences, with a massive retinue of red priests, flaming swords in hand, hurling fireballs at the AotD.

It's not too late for that to happen, but it seems unlikely at this point. 
If they show up after the AotD is vanquished (assuming that happens), then I can't help but wondering...what's the point?

9 hours ago, nborders said:

Just read a very interesting theory on Facebook: that Melisandre was the little girl that Davos talked to who reminded him of Shireen

This makes more sense the more I think about it. 

Davos insisted that the little girl be sent to the crypts. We saw in the trailer that Arya looked like she was running for her life in the crypts. Melisandre promised Arya they’d meet again.

29 minutes ago, nborders said:

This makes more sense the more I think about it. 

Davos insisted that the little girl be sent to the crypts. We saw in the trailer that Arya looked like she was running for her life in the crypts. Melisandre promised Arya they’d meet again.

I think she is running through the castle. The crypt's walls seem to be carved out of the ground. The scene of Arya, the walls are stone work. Right have that scene you have Beric and the Hound in the hallways of the castle too.

13 hours ago, ForgottenKnight said:

She has to show up and some point so Aria can kill her.  Just saying.  

Is Melisandre still on Arya's list? She said Beric wasn't on it anymore. Seems like since she and Gendry have been reunited again she might not be holding this grudge any longer. Then again, Gendry telling her about Melisandre's plans for him might not have helped. Mel did bring Jon back from the dead though, so Arya might let it slide.

Archived