Jon dying and resurrected a second time?

What do you think about Jon dying during the battle, but then Melisandre arriving and resurrecting him a second time?

This was forshadowed a bit when Jon explicitly told Melisandre not to do so but she denied.

Melisandre has not arrived yet, so that could be a good entry in S8E4.

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

What do you think about Jon dying during the battle, but then Melisandre arriving and resurrecting him a second time?

This was forshadowed a bit when Jon explicitly told Melisandre not to do so but she denied.

I feel like this will happen except I think beric will maybe give up his life for Jon. I really want this to happen  for my own personal amusement...just so I can imagine the Night King thinking to himself  “am I a joke to you?” Lol  

18 minutes ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

I feel like this will happen except I think beric will maybe give up his life for Jon.

You are right, Beric is already there and an alternative to Melisandre. However, Jon and Melisandre actually talked about it...

2 hours ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

I feel like this will happen except I think beric will maybe give up his life for Jon. I really want this to happen  for my own personal amusement...just so I can imagine the Night King thinking to himself  “am I a joke to you?” Lol  

I like the idea of Beric doing it and it would parallel the books, in a way.

Seems hackneyed. Didn't Kit have the biggest workload of the major cast this season? It suggests he makes it to the end and if the night king story is to resolved by Bran (possibly this week!) then why kill him again. I don't think Jon or Dany die in the show after all it is a story of the Targ restoration. The bittersweet I feel will be the Kingdom will be utterly destroyed. Dany will be the queen of ashes after all.

2 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Honestly I expect almost every major character to permanently die BUT for Jon, I want tp see Azpr Ahai on the big screen. 

Everything else for me will be meh wether he lives or dies.

I want him to look at the Throne and say “My watch has ended” and go home to Winterfell. Jon on the Throne would be disappointing. 

2 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Once you start resurrecting people, it never ends well.

Who thinks this will have a happy ending... so know the quote. So this is not a good counter argument.

Anyway, may idea is of course just a wild theory without any claims.

1 hour ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

Jon dying and getting better again will look cheap, and as if the game had no stake.

Well, Beric came back several times and Melisandre hinted at doing it again. 

Of course, this would only work out if Jon eventually is NOT on the Iron throne.

45 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I want him to look at the Throne and say “My watch has ended” and go home to Winterfell. Jon on the Throne would be disappointing. 

Oh I agree (tbh I don't wany anyone on the Throne) but I also don't want Jon to live, kinda. I want him to kill Dany in some way, become Azor Ahai and fade away into the darkness with the words you just uttered. This is probably, most likely, not going to happen. GRRM was probably metaphorically speaking and not literally so Rhaegar is probably Azor Ahai and Jon is Lightbringer. But it would be cool if it were true. Dany is obsessed with the Throne and is showing shades of her mad father and it would be great to have a point where she sacrifices herself at the hands of her own blood and Jon, who isn't immunine to fire, becomes a true Targaryen, full of fire. I really need to stop believing in this as it's not going to happen and I'm just setting myself up for a disappointment. 

1 hour ago, Arya's Sideboob said:

I think Sansa winds up on the Iron Throne.

Honestly if there's 1 person who deserves that, it's Sansa. And this is coming from someone who never liked her. 

She has really matured, and probably the smartest just leader.

BUT....I HOPE no one sits on the Throne. Another reason why I dislike Dany and think she's a hypocrite. The throne is a dictatorship no matter your intentions. So that isn't breaking the wheel. Every house should have its own independancy and they should strive for a democracy. And rebuild it that way, if ever it gets to that point in the end. So yeah tI hope the Throne gets destroyed. That's how you break the wheel, imo.

17 hours ago, Kajjo said:

i could see Melisandre doing that, and giving up her own life willingly in the process.  jon and davos have promised to execute her if she come back to the north, and Arya likely has her on her list.  Resurrecting the PtwP/AA I would think would be something Melisandre would trade her own life for.  She may have even already 'seen' this.

Archived