Giants’ bane and other fun predictions

Hippocras

I enjoyed E2 quite a lot. It set up some hard battle losses as well as some hints at what will come after depending on who survives.

1. Interesting parallel between Gendry’s reaction to Arya’s scars and Dany’s reaction to Jon’s scars. Did Arya die and come back and we just didn’t really notice? While this little romance did seem to suggest one or the other might die, I don’t feel like either one is finished. My guess is Beric will pass on his last life if either one does. 

2. Tormund will probably die, but first he is going to do some serious wight giant vanquishing. This is the real reason we needed to hear he is called Giantsbane.

3. Davos will need to stab a little girl or die himself. Similarly Grey Worm will need to stab wighted Missandei (or the other way around) and both could well die. And possibly the most tragic wightification will be Pod because of how many characters love him.

4. Are little Sam’s brothers still coming to fetch him or is Bran really the only target? What will happen with the dead Kings in the crypts?

5. Theon’s position looks precarious, but maybe we will learn there is something to that old Ironborn saying and their drowning ritual as he rises again harder and stronger. If not, he seems in position to maybe get the Benjen treatment with dragonglass so may actually avoid NK recruitment.

1. I doubt that Arya died at any point. I think it is something that would have been shown. As far as the romance foreshadowing a death, I got that feeling too. I think Beric will just die instead of passing on the gift.

2. I really hope that Tormund doesn't die, I really like him put it would be cool to see him kill some wight giants. Is he one of the only Wildlings alive? Did they all go to Eastwatch and die?

3. Just stop, all these predictions are heart breaking. Tho, I can see them happening. I feel last episode was a goodbye to alot of characters. Greyworm or Missandei will die. When you talk about future plans, it means you die. Davos having to kill a little girl is too much. I think he would die instead of killing.

4. I forgot about little Sam's relations to the WW.

5. I think Theon is as good as dead. I think the show just kept him around longer than the books intend to. He is as good as dead.

3 hours ago, Larger than Average Finger said:

From a pure filming point of view, if they plan to show a current character as a wight in the middle of a massive battle, it is easiest to be someone who is easily recognized from a distance, Right now, that is Tormund, and perhaps Brienne.

I don’t feel like Brienne’s story is done. I think the next few episodes will ramp up Sansa’s power moves and those will involve Ser Brienne. 

26 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

I don’t feel like Brienne’s story is done. I think the next few episodes will ramp up Sansa’s power moves and those will involve Ser Brienne. 

Possibly, I am looking at is from a purely visual point of view.  You can easily recognize these 2 from behind, then have them turn around and be dead.

8 hours ago, Hippocras said:

2. Tormund will probably die, but first he is going to do some serious wight giant vanquishing. This is the real reason we needed to hear he is called Giantsbane.

Tormund is going to go full on berserker and Jaime is gonna be like 'Holy sheet this dude can fight' . 

I expect Tormound to turn into a competition by shouting out his kill count

19 hours ago, Hippocras said:

I enjoyed E2 quite a lot. It set up some hard battle losses as well as some hints at what will come after depending on who survives.

1. Interesting parallel between Gendry’s reaction to Arya’s scars and Dany’s reaction to Jon’s scars. Did Arya die and come back and we just didn’t really notice? While this little romance did seem to suggest one or the other might die, I don’t feel like either one is finished. My guess is Beric will pass on his last life if either one does. 

4. Are little Sam’s brothers still coming to fetch him or is Bran really the only target? What will happen with the dead Kings in the crypts?

1.  Arya hasn't died that we know of. She did however get carved up pretty good by the Waif. She was recovering in the actresses apartment when the Waif came after her again.

4. That's an interesting thing, them coming for lil Sam as well as Bran.

17 hours ago, Johnston said:

Tormund is going to go full on berserker and Jaime is gonna be like 'Holy sheet this dude can fight' . 

Then Jaime takes out a wight mammoth, and Tormund yells "That still only counts as one"

On 4/23/2019 at 10:03 PM, Johnston said:

In fact, I find that the song was not the only tribute to Peter Jackson`s Lord of the Rings. Tormund has become a sort of Gimly. I recall a scene with the dwarf drinking and getting his beard full with beer, so it is consistent that he will try to make a competition with Legolas/Jaime, with the added value of Brienne's presence around 

Haha, oh, yes, I can see that competition between Torumnd and Jaime as a good way to add a bit of humour to the next episode. I like it.

A few more stray thoughts:

Arya asked Jon how he survived the knife in the heart. She also had a chat with Beric and the Hound where Beric’s many lives were mentioned. She is piecing together Jon’s revival story and has some role to play in where fire magic heads from here it seems.

I now believe Dany is going to lose both of her favorite advisors. Tyrion said to Cersei that Dany listens to advisors that restrain her worst instincts. But when those advisors are gone...?

So either Tyrion and Jorah both die next episode, or she loses one of them a different way soon after.

BUT Tyrion is now the only person to sit and listen to Bran other than Sam. Who knows how much was said, but it seems less likely that Tyrion will die in light of that conversation.

9 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

Haha, oh, yes, I can see that competition between Torumnd and Jaime as a good way to add a bit of humour to the next episode. I like it.

If Brienne dies and can see them bonding and having a bit of a bromance. 

There's a certain something about two worthy fighters, one one of the most spoilt men in Westeros and the other a freefolk becoming pally in the new age. 

On 4/23/2019 at 5:30 PM, Larger than Average Finger said:

From a pure filming point of view, if they plan to show a current character as a wight in the middle of a massive battle, it is easiest to be someone who is easily recognized from a distance, Right now, that is Tormund, and perhaps Brienne.

Hodor.

I think Tormund will make it. In the aftermath, assuming that the NK is ultimately defeated, there needs to be a new understanding between the freefolk and the kneelers. The wall has been breached and the watch may well be disbanded. Who, other than Tormund, can bring the freefolk along with them?

As to what that understanding will be, I'm screwed if I know!

On 4/23/2019 at 7:22 AM, Hippocras said:

Hmm, Arya dies and Beric passes his life to her to rise her up again. So technically she is undead, like Jon and the wights. Might this give them the ability to sneak past all the wights unmolested to assassinate the NK, kind of like a reverse shadow baby?

1 hour ago, John Suburbs said:

Hmm, Arya dies and Beric passes his life to her to rise her up again. So technically she is undead, like Jon and the wights. Might this give them the ability to sneak past all the wights unmolested to assassinate the NK, kind of like a reverse shadow baby?

Pretty sure Jon wasn't invisible to the wights during the frozen lake fiasco. They even spotted him after he emerged from the water. So I don't think how that's going to happen. But maybe one becoming a wight under Bran's control...

Regarding Bronn, I don't think he'll be going to the North. Qyburn contracted him to do the job in case the Lannister bros survive, and Bronn isn't stupid enough to just wander north with all the crap that's happening there. Of course, whether or not he intends to go through with his mission, he'll leave King's Landing to, at least, maintain appearances.

So far, this season has done a number of parallels with old seasons, including the pilot episode. So I think next time we'll see Bronn, he'll be at another recognizable place - the Inn at the Crossroads; this is where he met Tyrion, due to the first of many faithful encounters that got the plot moving. News travels through there, so he'll wait to see what news comes from the North, and get ready for whatever and whoever journeys south.

7 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Regarding Bronn, I don't think he'll be going to the North. Qyburn contracted him to do the job in case the Lannister bros survive, and Bronn isn't stupid enough to just wander north with all the crap that's happening there. Of course, whether or not he intends to go through with his mission, he'll leave King's Landing to, at least, maintain appearances.

So far, this season has done a number of parallels with old seasons, including the pilot episode. So I think next time we'll see Bronn, he'll be at another recognizable place - the Inn at the Crossroads; this is where he met Tyrion, due to the first of many faithful encounters that got the plot moving. News travels through there, so he'll wait to see what news comes from the North, and get ready for whatever and whoever journeys south.

Maybe we will see Hot Pie!

On 4/25/2019 at 11:23 AM, jeepers_flowers said:

I think Tormund will make it. In the aftermath, assuming that the NK is ultimately defeated, there needs to be a new understanding between the freefolk and the kneelers. The wall has been breached and the watch may well be disbanded. Who, other than Tormund, can bring the freefolk along with them?

As to what that understanding will be, I'm screwed if I know!

What free folk? Aren't they all dead or at Winterfell? Last we knew the ones that stayed north of the wall all went to Hardhome and we know what happened there. The last of the nights watch came south east from the wall, eastwatch people came south west from the wall and both groups said there are no living people left, anyone not at Winterfell fights for the NK now.

Archived