Why avoid a reunion between Sansa and Sandor?

5 hours ago, Roux said:

I wrote it off just as now that Jon's home and she's got a houseful of Lady Stark business she's not very likely to cross paths with him- he's likely staying in a camp or out of the castle somewhere. Arya likes to prowl around and keep up on things happening down low, Sansas dealing with the ruling sit at tables and hound has no business inside. 

The Hound has no business inside?

So he’s not potty-trained?

On 4/23/2019 at 7:54 PM, Karmarni said:

Sandor is one of the more experienced warriors in WF. And he's one of its best. Rather interesting he basically got assigned latrine duty.

9 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

Could you imagine every single human that is outside that castle passing inside that castle? There's a campsite outside. the hound is neither highborn nor exceptionally elegant in matters of politics. The cleganes are fighters. he's there to fight because he understands that fighting is something he's good at. He's not one for talking. 

4 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Sandor is one of the more experienced warriors in WF. And he's one if its best. Rather interesting he basically got assigned latrine duty.

Nobody puts the Hound in the corner!

(yeah, that's a Dirty Dancing line)

4 minutes ago, Roux said:

Could you imagine every single human that is outside that castle passing inside that castle? There's a campsite outside. the hound is neither highborn nor exceptionally elegant in matters of politics. The cleganes are fighters. he's there to fight because he understands that fighting is something he's good at. He's not one for talking. 

He’s not lowborn either. And was the bodyguard of Joff in KL and briefly a Kingsguard. I’m sure he didn’t sleep in the stables. 

And if he was assigned to or in the campsite, he would have been shown there. So yes, I think he’s got a bed in the castle or surrounding buildings. And yes, I think he’s been inside. 

3 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

He’s not lowborn either. And was the bodyguard of Joff in KL and briefly a Kingsguard. I’m sure he didn’t sleep in the stables. 

Even if he were born in a back alley way in a KL slum, it seems to me that the assertion about his lack of highborn status, rather misses the development of Sansa's character in the books.

Now as far as Sandra is concerned. Well who in the hell knows. But, if "realism" is going to be tossed in here, it seems that ship sailed long ago, as far as GOT is concerned.

7 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Even if he were born in a back alley way in a KL slum, it seems to me that the assertion about his lack of highborn status, rather misses the development of Sansa's character in the books.

Now as far as Sandra is concerned. Well who in the hell knows. But, if "realism" is going to be tossed in here, it seems that ship sailed long ago, as far as GOT is concerned.

Yeah, GRRM set the ship asail in Blackwater. Do you know he has their picture on his wall?

It's in his office, the one he asked for of them like the La Belle et la Bete scene he wrote for the show.

5 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Not about the ship it's about them meeting in passing. Cleganes are not highborn. They are huge and fierce  and arguably valued by the crown. The BS crown. Once he says f*** the king he becomes a sellsword. With a price on his head. The only thing that they have of value is their fighting ability.

24 minutes ago, Roux said:

Isn't he?  House Clegane are bannermen to the Lannisters and his brother is an anointed knight.

Just now, Roux said:

Not about the ship it's about them meeting in passing. Cleganes are not highborn.

And yet, they are kind of hard to miss.

1 minute ago, Roux said:

The BS crown.

This is relevant how?

1 minute ago, Roux said:

The only thing that they have of value is their fighting ability.

Something that is in high demand, given the current situation.

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Isn't he?  House Clegane are bannermen to the Lannisters and his brother is an anointed knight.

Who is their father? What is their value if they are physically broken? Bronn became a knight ...being knighted is a way to build your name. Proven in battle. They physically climbed to joffreys side. Then SC bolted when he thought the stakes are too high. Fire is too much. Not worth it. He'd rather poo in a hole and win a battle. 

He literally just wants to fight for what's right. 

7 hours ago, The Prince who was not pro said:

Strangely they have not shared a scene together since the second season, it bothers me.

It is a little odd, but not that she would want to avoid him.  After all, the hound did Joffrey's bidding, including wripping her clothing off (partially before Tyrion stopped it) before the Battle of Blackwater Bay.  She got a good swatch across the face by the Hound at the command of Joffrey when he made her stair at her father's head on a spike.  Although there is no direct correlation, I'm certain she still blames him for the command to kill Lady rather than Nymeria.... I'm sure I could think of other rotten things he's done/said to her, but the list would go on and on....

Cheers,

4 minutes ago, LadyNoOne said:

It is a little odd, but not that she would want to avoid him.  After all, the hound did Joffrey's bidding, including wripping her clothing off (partially before Tyrion stopped it) before the Battle of Blackwater Bay.  She got a good swatch across the face by the Hound at the command of Joffrey when he made her stair at her father's head on a spike.  Although there is no direct correlation, I'm certain she still blames him for the command to kill Lady rather than Nymeria.... I'm sure I could think of other rotten things he's done/said to her, but the list would go on and on....

Cheers,

The Hound didn't do any of that in the books or the show.  You are misremembering.

Archived