Why avoid a reunion between Sansa and Sandor?

3 minutes ago, LadyNoOne said:

It is a little odd, but not that she would want to avoid him.  After all, the hound did Joffrey's bidding, including wripping her clothing off (partially before Tyrion stopped it) before the Battle of Blackwater Bay.  She got a good swatch across the face by the Hound at the command of Joffrey when he made her stair at her father's head on a spike.  Although there is no direct correlation, I'm certain she still blames him for the command to kill Lady rather than Nymeria.... I'm sure I could think of other rotten things he's done/said to her, but the list would go on and on....

Cheers,

Meryn trant though.... No worries, Arya fixed it. 

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

They are saving the moment for another save by the Hound, I am sure of it. It is way too obvious that they have not had not even one scene looking at each other for there not to be a moment they have planned.

It has become glaringly obvious. It seems to me also that he will come to Sansa’s rescue again. 

10 hours ago, LadyNoOne said:

She got a good swatch across the face by the Hound at the command of Joffrey when he made her stair at her father's head on a spike.

That was Ser Meryn Trant. But after that the Hound remove some blood from the split lips.

10 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

After all, the hound did Joffrey's bidding, including wripping her clothing off (partially before Tyrion stopped it)

That, too.

2 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

That was Ser Meryn Trant. But after that the Hound remove some blood from the split lips.

That, too.

OK, I was thinking of after that when the Hound remove some blood from Sansa's split lips.

That scene on the bridge where joffery makes sansa look at her fathers head, was she going to jump or was she going to push joffery off?  I couldn't quite tell what was going on there, but whatever it was Sandor stopped her from doing it then quickly whipped out a hanky so Joffery was none the wiser. 

57 minutes ago, Bradam said:

That scene on the bridge where joffery makes sansa look at her fathers head, was she going to jump or was she going to push joffery off?  I couldn't quite tell what was going on there, but whatever it was Sandor stopped her from doing it then quickly whipped out a hanky so Joffery was none the wiser. 

She was gonna push him off.
Regardless if Joffrey had lived or died, Sansa would've been tortured to death, so the Hound stopped her. 
Ultimately, it worked out for the best.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:48 PM, OldGimletEye said:

Understand one thing about D&D. They really believe their own fan fiction is wonderful.

First of all, it’s an adaptation, not fan fiction. Second, why wouldn’t they think their writing is wonderful? They took material that Martin himself called unfilmable and turned it into the biggest television show in history. It’s received critical acclaim, shattered ratings and Emmy records, and has become a pop cultural phenomenon. Are they supposed to doubt their ability because of criticisms by a handful of posters on the internet?

23 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

First of all, it’s an adaptation, not fan fiction. Second, why wouldn’t they think their writing is wonderful? They took material that Martin himself called unfilmable and turned it into the biggest television show in history. It’s received critical acclaim, shattered ratings and Emmy records, and has become a pop cultural phenomenon. Are they supposed to doubt their ability because of criticisms by a handful of posters on the internet?

They started with great source material to work with. So, I don't exactly credit them a lot with having a high rating show. Also many of their "adaptions" have been nothing but pure nonsense. They claim there is not enough time to do everything and that is probably true, to some extent, but then they waste time putting their own filler in, which isn't that good. And I would call that fan fiction.

And as far as all their accolades all that go, it seems often more like a Keynesian Beauty Contest than anything else.

28 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

They started with great source material to work with. So, I don't exactly credit them a lot with having a high rating show. Also many of their "adaptions" have been nothing but pure nonsense. They claim there is not enough time to do everything and that is probably true, to some extent, but then they waste time putting their own filler in, which isn't that good. And I would call that fan fiction.

And as far as all their accolades all that go, it seems often more like a Keynesian Beauty Contest than anything else.

Like I said, Martin called A Song of Ice and Fire unfilmable, and yet D&D still managed to transform it into the phenomenon it is today. They deserve every bit of the credit, as far as I’m concerned. And they haven’t had source material to work with the past few years, and yet everything I said before remains true. You may not like it, but you are in the vast minority, which brings me to my original point. Given that the show is an outstanding success, D&D have absolutely no reason to doubt their writing ability.

GOT is a licensed adaptation. Fan fiction is unlicensed. That is the difference between the two.

49 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

Like I said, Martin called A Song of Ice and Fire unfilmable, and yet D&D still managed to transform it into the phenomenon it is today. They deserve every bit of the credit, as far as I’m concerned. And they haven’t had source material to work with the past few years, and yet everything I said before remains true. You may not like it, but you are in the vast minority, which brings me to my original point. Given that the show is an outstanding success, D&D have absolutely no reason to doubt their writing ability.

GOT is a licensed adaptation. Fan fiction is unlicensed. That is the difference between the two.

If you want to defend the numerous illogical plot holes, the retconning, and the substantial changes to characters, then go ahead.

The fact the show is popular doesn't change any of those facts. Popularity doesn't always establish quality. Lots of ridiculous become popular before the bubble burst so to speak. 

Now if you want to throw in the technical legal meaning of fan fiction, then fine. How about I use the term horseshit,filler, crap or garbage? Do you have some hyper legalistic argument against those terms?

And as far as them running out source material. Well two things. Season 5 is most likely regarded as the worst season in GOT history. That seems to me right about the time they ran out of book material. Seasons 6 and 7 were a bit better but not as strong as the first 3 or 4 seasons. And secondly, they had GRRM as an asset, if they needed him, to get advice.

1 hour ago, Dragon in the North said:

Yes and No.  It seems like it has finally congealed into conventional wisdom that the show's best seasons were 1-4, which, not coincidentally, were the seasons that leaned most heavily on the books.  Once the show outpaced the books the narrative and plot became less meticulous, less dense and relied more on big moments.  So, I would say that still most of the credit to the show' success goes to Martin's books+a fantastic cast of actors.  Reading reviews of this season, people are still vested in the show, but the adulation is gone, because the show is simply not that good anymore.  Many things that are not well done are hugely popular so that isn't much of a yardstick.  

28 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

If you want to defend the numerous illogical plot holes, the retconning, and the substantial changes to characters, then go ahead.

The fact the show is popular doesn't change any of those facts. Popularity doesn't always establish quality. Lots of ridiculous become popular before the bubble burst so to speak. 

Now if you want to throw in the technical legal meaning of fan fiction, then fine. How about I use the term horseshit,filler, crap or garbage? Do you have some hyper legalistic argument against those terms?

And as far as them running out source material. Well two things. Season 5 is most likely regarded as the worst season in GOT history. That seems to me right about the time they ran out of book material. Seasons 6 and 7 were a bit better but not as strong as the first 3 or 4 seasons. And secondly, they had GRRM as an asset, if they needed him, to get advice.

Ah, this discussion again. Never gets old.:D. I wonder what you guys are gonna do, once the show is over in a couple of weeks. 

24 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Like fan fiction, plot hole is another term that this fandom regularly uses incorrectly. Sure, the show has flaws, like every other show, but they are few and far between. The positives of GOT far outweigh the negatives.

Sure, you can call it horeshit, filler, crap and garbage. You even can call it fan fiction if you want, though I will still continue to correct you. I simply don’t agree with you’re opinion of the show. And I know popularity doesn’t automatically mean quality. Quality is subjective and depends on the individual. 

Season 5 did borrow several plots from AFFC/ADWD. It certainly contained more plots from the books than seasons 6 and 7, so I think it’s safe to say that faithfulness to the books has next to no bearing on the quality of the season. Season 5 was my least favorite season as well, but I still loved it and thought it was miles better than Feast and Dance.

None of this has anything to do with my original point. You criticized D&D for thinking their writing was great, and I simply pointed out reasons as to why that was.

27 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yes and No.  It seems like it has finally congealed into conventional wisdom that the show's best seasons were 1-4, which, not coincidentally, were the seasons that leaned most heavily on the books.  Once the show outpaced the books the narrative and plot became less meticulous, less dense and relied more on big moments.  So, I would say that still most of the credit to the show' success goes to Martin's books.  Reading reviews of this season, people are still vested in the show, but the adulation is gone, because the show is simply not that good anymore.  Many things that are not well done are hugely popular so that isn't much of a yardstick.  

I don’t know where you’re getting this information, but season 6 was my second favorite season and season 7 was my fifth, ahead of seasons 3 and 5.

On 4/23/2019 at 10:37 PM, A Ghost of Someone said:

They are saving the moment for another save by the Hound, I am sure of it. It is way too obvious that they have not had not even one scene looking at each other for there not to be a moment they have planned.

agree

2 hours ago, T and A said:

Sansa and the Hound he? What's up with you guys and the strange Sansa couplings? First Jon and now Sandor. You really must hate her :D

Never liked the idea of Sansa and the Hound winding up as a couple. He spent most of their onscreen interactions scaring her, belittling her, he also tried to rape her in the books, and he has 20-30 years on her. When couples are that far apart they have very different emotional needs and they don't do well (Jon Arryn and Lysa Tully is a prime example). From what I've seen of the show there's less sexual tension between her and the Hound than with her and Jon.

Archived