Why avoid a reunion between Sansa and Sandor?

2 hours ago, T and A said:

Sansa and the Hound he? What's up with you guys and the strange Sansa couplings? First Jon and now Sandor. You really must hate her :D

Obsessed with their own fan fic.  I just wish ... wish ... wish ... that these endless preposterous blablablableatings about Sansa and anybody / somebody would get shot now and put out of their misery. :commie:

At least the name I won't type put an end to the endless creepy pedo spec here about who was going to get S's virginity ....  Pretty vomitous that was back in the day, so I left these forums for years.

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

Obsessed with their own fan fic.  I just wish ... wish ... wish ... that these endless preposterous blablablableatings about Sansa and anybody / somebody would get shot now and put out of their misery. :commie:

At least the name I won't type put an end to the endless creepy pedo spec here about who was going to get S's virginity ....  Pretty vomitous that was back in the day, so I left these forums for years.

honestly legitimizing the Sansa Tyrion marriage is the only thing right now that makes sense politically. Sansa any of the northern houses ...Sansa some unmentioned ;) Prince of Dorne or sansa theon because they clearly have feelings for each other but... Sansa needs to stay in the north though if we believe that Jon will go south to take the iron throne... There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. And there's no way Aryas sitting still. Or marrying anyone cuz she's told to. she likes gendry she ~had~ gendry but if you told her to marry gendry she wouldn't; on the principle of 'don't tell me what to do. '

On 4/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, sweetsunray said:

Arya asking him why he was at WF was a question leading up to it. Sure, the Hound said he fought for her once, but he didn't say he's fighting for her now.

He came up North because of the vision in the flames (and because he had nothing else to do). Not for Arya or Sansa. 

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:22 PM, sweetsunray said:

If Arya has names on her list, we'd have seeen her reciting those names to deal with her insomnia. We didn't. Arya's on an arc to shed the assassin and become something completely else she never foresaw for herself.

yep. We also see her saying that Beric was ONCE inher list. It's over. Her new arc is about family and thrir loved ones.

she might see Melisandre though. I don't think they will forget that detail. But she won't br on her list either. She did to Gendry what Mel didn't (apparently). No need of her on her list either.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, sweetsunray said:

If they do Sansan as they did Gendrya, they're going to mirror things for them, starting with the end of their storyline so far. Sandor fled KL during a fire, wanting to rescue her but she refused to go with him. Then he saved Arya in the Riverlands. His storyline with Arya is wrapping up - they made peace with one another. His entrance into Sansa's storyline thus in the show is imo saving her while facing fire. I expect them to meet in episode 3 (after Theon valiantly dies for Bran). The motivation for this I assume is that the Hound seems to have stayed out of the picture by his own choice - feeling he failed Sansa because she was wed off to the Imp and considers himself a coward when facing fire (he logically froze up when that bear mauled Thoros, because the bear was on fire).

Arya asking him why he was at WF was a question leading up to it. Sure, the Hound said he fought for her once, but he didn't say he's fighting for her now.

yeah. It will br done this way withthefire. I expect Sansan to happen bc it's foreshadowed in season seven (Littlrfinger mentioning Sandor's name to her and her reaction.....Gingers and Sandor......etc).

...and you are absouttey right with the referrnce of why is he inWinterfell.

If neither Brienne nor Jaime die nextepi, therr will br JB as well. If they did Gendrya to that levrl, Snsan and JB will happen.

there isalso one scene of Sansa in the trailer (not sureif ithas already appeared in thesetwo epis).

3 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Never liked the idea of Sansa and the Hound winding up as a couple. He spent most of their onscreen interactions scaring her, belittling her, he also tried to rape her in the books, and he has 20-30 years on her. When couples are that far apart they have very different emotional needs and they don't do well (Jon Arryn and Lysa Tully is a prime example). From what I've seen of the show there's less sexual tension between her and the Hound than with her and Jon.

30 years? We are not talking about the same books then.

People actually think that SanSan is going to happen - in a romantic sense - on the show?!  Guys, there is just NO WAY.  I think there is 0% of that happening.  The average viewer would be completely weirded out and completely caught off guard.  Rory is *way* older than Sophie.  They haven't had anything to do with each other since season 2.  

I do hope D&D remember their relationship (which I do think was important, even on the show) and have at least some interaction between them before the series ends.  If both of them survive, I'd love to see Sandor serving Sansa wherever she is (Winterfell, I'm assuming).  But a romance between them, at this stage of the game, on this show, is definitely a fantasy. 

I couldn't care less about San-San shipping.  

I was hoping to see a Sansa-Sandor reunion because I believe that Sansa was a significant part of the Hound rediscovering his humanity. 

I'd also like to see Sansa express gratitude to him for trying to check Joffrey.

On a human nonsexual level it makes sense that they meant something to each other. 

52 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

People actually think that SanSan is going to happen - in a romantic sense - on the show?!  Guys, there is just NO WAY. 

Sansa-shippers, regardless if it's JonSa or SanSan are peculiar. ;)

With that said, I do think it's weird that there's been no scene between Sansa and Sandor.
In general, I feel that I've would've liked more scenes between certain characters, but they blew their load with the Brotherhood of the Hearth. 
Seriously, Arya has had more scenes with Sandor and Gendry than she's had with Jon, and no scene at all with Daenerys. 

On 4/23/2019 at 9:46 PM, sweetsunray said:

... (after Theon valiantly dies for Bran) ...

In case Theon is there to protect Bran, the plot could also lead him to fail as he is a bit of an unlucky warrior. Bran getting killed could then take the plot to something unexpected. Bran has practically spilled all the beans he had left that matter. 

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

30 years? We are not talking about the same books then.

Yeah, it's 15 years gap in the books, about 20 on the show. Sandor started out 35 per the pilot script. Now she's 20, he's 42. About 20 years gap in characters.

Jane Eyre, Rebecca, Little Women all had 20+ year gaps, and other period dramas. Once Upon a Time Beauty and the Beast was well-loved, and that was a 20 year gap.

No big whoop. As for the separation period, that's part of the story too. (It's part of Arya and Gendry's story, too. They were separated nearly as long.)

GRRM wrote this Beauty and the Beast scene for them on the show. And has a pic of them as Beauty and the Beast he asked for on his wall. He said there's something there on the show, too.

Lots of show viewers want to see the story. I don't know if we will or not, maybe not, but they set it up, and well, if anyone is shipping SanSan, it's Sansa:

"As the boy's lips touched her own she found herself thinking of another kiss. She could still remember how it felt, when his cruel mouth pressed down on her own. He had come to Sansa in the darkness as green fire filled the sky. He took a song and a kiss, and left me nothing but a bloody cloak."

I don't understand the difference between Sansa on the show marrying Tyrion and actually starting to take her clothes off for him, and Sansa on the show and Sandor, who's character is similar age to Tyrion (books and show) and the actors who are similar age also. 

So we have for Sansa on the show:

• She wanted to marry a supreme asshole, incest-bred abuser.
  • She wanted to marry a man who was gay.
  • She married a dwarf, but didn't have sex with him.
  • She agreed to a brothel owner's idea to marry a raised-up bastard psychopath.
  • She said that same brothel owner loved her in his own way. (She doesn't have good love experience, obviously!)
  • She has fans of her hooking up with her former half-brother, now cousin, who so obviously is in love with another woman.
  • She has fans of her hooking up with a (in books prematurely aged, missing body parts) former ward of her family who is missing a penis.

I vote for Sandor Clegane. And Sansa of the books seems to do so too.

And I'm laughing that we got a Wham Bam Thank You hook up for Arya.
But Sansa can't seem to have consensual sex!!

28 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

I don't understand the difference between Sansa on the show marrying Tyrion and actually starting to take her clothes off for him, and Sansa on the show and Sandor, who's character is similar age to Tyrion (books and show) and the actors who are similar age also. 

Well for one thing, Sansa hasn't shared any scenes or any words with Sandor since season 2.  There are 4 episodes left, and the next episode is a battle.  I don't think they are going to thow in a Sansa/Sandor marriage all of a sudden at this point.  Secondly, I do think it would have been received differently if Tyrion and Sansa had consummated their marriage.  So a marriage between Sansa and Sandor, with the intention of being a real marriage, would likely be met with a lot of outcry, IMO.  And maybe it doesn't matter all that much on the show, or maybe it won't matter if/when the WW are defeated,  I don't know...but Sandor is essentially a nobody and I doubt the Lady of Winterfell will marry a nobody.  

1 minute ago, Red Dragon10 said:

Well for one thing, Sansa hasn't shared any scenes or any words with Sandor since season 2.  There are 4 episodes left, and the next episode is a battle.  I don't think they are going to thow in a Sansa/Sandor marriage all of a sudden at this point.  And maybe it doesn't matter all that much on the show, or maybe it won't matter if/when the WW are defeated,  I don't know...but Sandor is essentially a nobody and I doubt the Lady of Winterfell will marry a nobody.  

I don't think she will marry him, but he's a former kingsguard, a renowned fighter and while maybe minor, he's still a member of the elite/nobility.  

17 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

Well for one thing, Sansa hasn't shared any scenes or any words with Sandor since season 2.  There are 4 episodes left, and the next episode is a battle.  I don't think they are going to thow in a Sansa/Sandor marriage all of a sudden at this point.  And maybe it doesn't matter all that much on the show, or maybe it won't matter if/when the WW are defeated,  I don't know...but Sandor is essentially a nobody and I doubt the Lady of Winterfell will marry a nobody.  

I meant to address the reason of age that I see people all over the place say that Sandor and Sansa are not possible because they chose an older actor. An actor who was the same age as the actor she 'married' on the show. Basically, so what? Tyrion was older too.

It's a shame. The Hound and Sansa had a story in the books and it was compelling. And I liked it. Compared with all the other things we've seen on this show, from twincest to Ramsey and Myranda, we've had so many couples that were mismatched or unnatural (Mel and Stannis) that Sandor and Sansa seems tame.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I don't think she will marry him, but he's a former kingsguard, a renowned fighter and while maybe minor, he's still a member of the elite/nobility.  

He's definitely noble. Maybe not by thousands of years, but noble, had a maester, the whole deal. 

Archived