Why Brans plan can work

Bran is going to hide in the by the weirwood-tree to lure NK there..

The only reason this is going to work is because Bran there is going to “log on to the weirwood-network”, travel back in time an morph into the first mans head, just before the children of the Forrest turn him into the first ww, NK..

This, the creation (and existence) of WW, is what NK is trying to stop all along, and that’s why he doesn’t have time to wait with chasing down Bran, but has to rush after him.

Bran knows this, and he knows that NK knows..

this is plot has a few holes, but they can probably be worked around..

(Sorry for my bad English)

6 hours ago, King of the Couch said:

Bran is going to hide in the by the weirwood-tree to lure NK there..

The only reason this is going to work is because Bran there is going to “log on to the weirwood-network”, travel back in time an morph into the first mans head, just before the children of the Forrest turn him into the first ww, NK..

This, the creation (and existence) of WW, is what NK is trying to stop all along, and that’s why he doesn’t have time to wait with chasing down Bran, but has to rush after him.

Bran knows this, and he knows that NK knows..

this is plot has a few holes, but they can probably be worked around..

(Sorry for my bad English)

Biggest hole is that if that's the case why hasn't Bran already done it? He could have tapped into the wierwood wifi network and have done this last season and this season. Why would he wait for thousands more people to die?

6 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Biggest hole is that if that's the case why hasn't Bran already done it? He could have tapped into the wierwood wifi network and have done this last season and this season. Why would he wait for thousands more people to die?

Maybe it is Bran's last resort and hopes he will not have to do it but when all is about to be lost he is left with no choice but to endure the pain of being trapped in the NK's human body as the man is being turned.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War spoilers:

Spoiler

Like Celebrimbor being absorbed into Sauron during their final confrontation and being trapped in a state of perpetual war battling for dominance.

2 minutes ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Maybe it is Bran's last resort and hopes he will not have to do it but when all is about to be lost he is left with no choice but to endure the pain of being trapped in the NK's human body as he is turned into the NK for eternity.

So Bran is rushing to kill Bran? If Bran went back and did this then he already is the NK and therefore the NK is rushing to kill himself in a giant time loop?  I can never get time travel shit right so I probably make no sense.

12 minutes ago, dbunting said:

So Bran is rushing to kill Bran? If Bran went back and did this then he already is the NK and therefore the NK is rushing to kill himself in a giant time loop?  I can never get time travel shit right so I probably make no sense.

I'm actual sure in the show Bloodraven lied to Bran with the "past is already written" to keep him from going back and changing things like how Bran called out to his father at the ToJ and Bloodraven attempted to stop him before he called out to his father. Pulling him out before he could change things further.

Guarantee if they would of shown the ToJ scene before Bran was there the first time. Ned wouldn't of turned around before proceeding into the tower, BUT after he did and went back again Ned turning had already been changed so Ned now does it everytime.

But tbh I don't really give much to the actual theory just stating is possible to do with the rules they have hinted at from the scenes between Bran and Bloodraven but it would still have some plotholes. I still think if Bran was to go back and warg the NK's human body before he is turned it would just cause Bran to be the one becoming mind controlled by the children magic as apposed to the NK himself. Possibly altering his mind. IDK this whole theory is confusing.

19 minutes ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

I'm actual sure in the show Bloodraven lied to Bran with the "past is already written" to keep him from going back and changing things like how Bran called out to his father at the ToJ and Bloodraven attempted to stop him before he called out to his father. Pulling him out before he could change things further.

Guarantee if they would of shown the ToJ scene before Bran was there the first time. Ned wouldn't of turned around before proceeding into the tower, BUT after he did and went back again Ned turning had already been changed so Ned now does it everytime.

Yes it is shown that Bran can affect the past but is a harder claim to say he can change it.  For instance Bran connecting past Hodor to Hodor caused Hodor to become Hodor, but considering he would have likely had to make Hodor Hodor in order to reach the three eyed raven in the first place, it implies there was never an original timeline where Bran didn't make Hodor Hodor.  

So in essence the past is written and any changes they make to it was already destined to happen.  It is possible that Bloodraven had attempted to change the past only to learn this lesson the hard way and he wanted to spare Bran from experiencing that by saying that it can't be done.

I'm wondering if the future might also be written in a way.  It seems like prophecies in planetos always come true, which suggests a level of destiny involved.  But the question I have is whether the prophecy comes true because it was destined, or was it destined because of the prophecy.  Could knowledge of the future, force that future to happen when it might otherwise not? 

If Cersei never had her blood tasted and asked Maggy those questions would it have been possible that she married Rhaegar or had a seven children instead of three?  And if it is true that the future is only fixed when prophecies are involved but is otherwise fluid, could the future become fluid again if all knowledge of the prophecy dies?

And while this might be needless speculation I'm wondering if Bran's plan (and possibly the Night King's) hinge on the answers to these questions.

9 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Any of this going into the past to change this or that makes the whole dam story an epic fail in my opinion. 

Agreed, it's right down there with "it was just a dream all along" as worst possible way to wrap up a story. 

7 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Agreed, it's right down there with "it was just a dream all along" as worst possible way to wrap up a story. 

I disagree, I think it could be done right, if done carefully. The Hodor reveal was really well done and I like the way time is handled in this story. But that also makes it extremely difficult to do something like this without it having big plot holes. Overall I hope it doesn't end up being something like this, but I don't think it's necessarily bad on principle, only depending on execution.

1 hour ago, SansaJonRule said:

What ended that way (besides the Wizard of Oz). I know I've seen it, but I'm blanking.

Newhart show is all that comes to mind for me, at least for a series ender. Bobby being dead on Dallas was like that but not as a finale 

3 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Any of this going into the past to change this or that makes the whole dam story an epic fail in my opinion. 

GRRM has said that the TV show is going to wrap up broadly in line with how the books are going to conclude, and he is way way too smart to pull a dumb stunt like that.

6 hours ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Theory.

BR needed Bran to do that to plant the seed of the idea raising jon as his own. 

3 hours ago, Johnston said:

Theory.

BR needed Bran to do that to plant the seed of the idea raising jon as his own. 

Jon didn’t look like a Targaryen so it was a pretty easy conclusion to come to regarding how to hide him don’t think BR needed to planet the seed in his mind. Plus BR tries to stop Bran before he says father so I don’t think It was BR’a plan for Ned to hear Bran.

Anytime there is time travel it just doesn't work IMO. The whole Hodor sequence to me was a flop because it doesn't make sense because of the time paradox (essentially a chicken vs the egg). I think this would be the same exact situation.

19 hours ago, dbunting said:

Newhart show is all that comes to mind for me, at least for a series ender. Bobby being dead on Dallas was like that but not as a finale 

Oh, I remember that on the Newhart show. But that was a comedy, and it worked for that. The only thing I remember about Dallas was "Who shot JR?"

Archived