Known Westerosi in Essos?

Rhae_Valarie

So I thought it might be cool to create a list of all the Westerosi that have spent time or lived in Essos. I think we can include characters like the Sailor’s Wife and her daughter who are heavily implied to be Westerosi even though it is never explicitly stated. I’d also like to include characters whose fate is ambiguous but could have made it to Essos, like Elissa Farman.

Off the top of my head there’s:

Daenerys Targaryen

Viserys Targaryen

Jorah Mormont

Tyrion Lannister

The Sailor’s Wife and her daughter Lanna 

Elissa Farman

Gerion Lannister

Euron Greyjoy

Arya Stark

I’m sure there’s many more. Any thoughts?

Do you mean all characters with Westerosi ancestry, like the Webber in the Windblown? or only those who were born in Westeros but went to Essos at some point in their lives, like Oberyn Martell? Or even those Essosi who have spent significant amount of time in Westeros like Lady Mellario, Areoh Hotah or even Vargo Hoat?

Gerris Drinkwater, Archibald Yronwood, Barristan Selmy, (if all went to plan) Edric Storm, Andrew Estermont (and the other guards of Edric), Andrey Dalt, Victarion Greyjoy and the Iron Fleet...as you can see the list grows quite long

Quaithe, who is actually Shiera Seastar. Tattered Prince, who could be either the Wandering Wolf Rodrick Stark, or his son. Pretty Meris, who could be Wenda the White Fawn, descendant of Duncan the Tall, and mother of Brienne Tarth.

Oscar Tully, Saera Targaryen, Homeless Harry Strickland, Jon Connington, about a dozen other Golden Company serjents and knights in the compnay (they've got names like Strong, Mudd, Mandrake, Peake, Cole, Lothson), maybe Ben Plumm counts?, the Black Swan, Bittersteel, Daemon II Blackfyre, Maelys the Monstrous, the other twenty odd Blackfyre's, Maegor the Cruel hung in Essos for a while didn't he?

14 hours ago, Rhae_Valarie said:

So I thought it might be cool to create a list of all the Westerosi that have spent time or lived in Essos. I think we can include characters like the Sailor’s Wife and her daughter who are heavily implied to be Westerosi even though it is never explicitly stated. I’d also like to include characters whose fate is ambiguous but could have made it to Essos, like Elissa Farman.

Off the top of my head there’s:

Daenerys Targaryen

Viserys Targaryen

Jorah Mormont

Tyrion Lannister

The Sailor’s Wife and her daughter Lanna 

Elissa Farman

Gerion Lannister

Euron Greyjoy

Arya Stark

I’m sure there’s many more. Any thoughts?

Gosh there’s a lot.  Oberon, Marwyn, Barristan, Mel.  Anybody who is somebody.

If i remember correctly the Lannisters used to have coming of age tours to Essos, atleast for the males. Did not Gerion, Tygett, Kevan trave to Essos? Maybe Tywin too? If House Lannister still arranged coming of age tours in Jaime and Tyrion's time, then Jaime missed it by joining the kingsguard and Tyrion for being disliked by Tywin.

Also Addam of Duskendale.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Addam_of_Duskendale

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/True_Account_of_Addam_of_Duskendale's_Journeys

All those who participated in the War of the Ninepenny Kings. They were at the Steptstones, which i'm not sure of wheter they are Westerosi, Essosi or something inbetween? Did the Westerosi contingent in that war land in mainland Essos?

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lomas_Longstrider

Archived