Jorah Mormont is Azor Ahai?

ForgottenKnight

My take on the theory but long short of it is he is reborn a new person when he sees Dany rise out of the funeral pyre with 3 dragons.  When he it is revealed to Dany that Jorah was spying on her he sheds tears and confesses the truth.  (the sword breaking in water)  We later see him returning to Mereen and presenting Tyrion as a gift.  Tyrion argues in defense of Jorah's life and has deduced Jorah's true feelings despite him never opening up to Tyrion.  (the sword driven into the heart of a captive lion)  The last part is him driving the sword into the heart of the one he loves.  Is there anyone who has a deeper love in the show than Jorah does for Dany?  There's also the fact that Jorah has been given the Tarly family sword Heartsbane for this battle.  I'm wondering if the prophecy will come true in this episode.  What do you guys think?

2 hours ago, ForgottenKnight said:

My take on the theory but long short of it is he is reborn a new person when he sees Dany rise out of the funeral pyre with 3 dragons.  When he it is revealed to Dany that Jorah was spying on her he sheds tears and confesses the truth.  (the sword breaking in water)  We later see him returning to Mereen and presenting Tyrion as a gift.  Tyrion argues in defense of Jorah's life and has deduced Jorah's true feelings despite him never opening up to Tyrion.  (the sword driven into the heart of a captive lion)  The last part is him driving the sword into the heart of the one he loves.  Is there anyone who has a deeper love in the show than Jorah does for Dany?  There's also the fact that Jorah has been given the Tarly family sword Heartsbane for this battle.  I'm wondering if the prophecy will come true in this episode.  What do you guys think?

Not bad connections to the prophecy. Also the name Heartsbane would fit for what the prophecy has it doing. I don't see it though unless we were misled. In the S8 previews there is a scene where Dany and Jon are at Dragonstone, people dissected the video frame by frame. We haven't seen them there yet this season and there is no way they fly there right now. So unless that was a false scene in the preview...

1st.... why does their have to be an Azor Ahai? That's an Essos, and specifically the religion of R'hllor, legend. What does it have to do with Westeros, where literally no one has heard of Azor Ahai.

2nd.... why the hell would it be Jorah, a secondary character that most likely won't be surviving this long in the books?

3 hours ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

1st.... why does their have to be an Azor Ahai? That's an Essos, and specifically the religion of R'hllor, legend. What does it have to do with Westeros, where literally no one has heard of Azor Ahai.

2nd.... why the hell would it be Jorah, a secondary character that most likely won't be surviving this long in the books?

1.  Same reason there was a Prince who was Promised.  GRRM wouldn't have mentioned it so many times in the series if he didn't intend someone to fulfill the prophecy.  Most people think AA and PP are the same person because that's Melisandre's interpretation of it.  In Essos AA is a big deal so it makes sense she would make that connection.  In Westeros however the PP prophecy has been heard and mentioned several times in the books but never with the connection to AA.  It's likely they are two different people.  Jorah and Dany are the only major characters in Essos for the bulk of the story.  GRRM likes to use red herrings to throw off the readers.  Dany could be the red herring and Jorah being AA.

2.  Also Jorah has survived a lot of crazy battles in the books.  If he was suppose to die earlier there was plenty of opportunities for it to happen.         

The only deeper love on this show is Jon/Bran or Jon/Arya.

I'm going with Jon having to kill Bran to fulfill the prophecy, haven't worked out the kinks yet. I think this also fits with the idea that by the end of the series, there will be no more dragons, magic or greenseers and Sam will be recording the story as the new Grandmaester in the Citadel.  (Kind of like the ending of LoTR when magic leaves Middle earth)

8 minutes ago, maverick_nc1 said:

The only deeper love on this show is Jon/Bran or Jon/Arya.

I'm going with Jon having to kill Bran to fulfill the prophecy, haven't worked out the kinks yet. I think this also fits with the idea that by the end of the series, there will be no more dragons, magic or greenseers and Sam will be recording the story as the new Grandmaester in the Citadel.  (Kind of like the ending of LoTR when magic leaves Middle earth)

Wouldn't it make much more sense for that person to be Dany instead of Bran ?

1 minute ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Wouldn't it make much more sense for that person to be Dany instead of Bran ?

No, simply because the love connection between Jon and Dany hasn't been built strongly enough for it to be.  At this current moment, its far easier to see Jon's love for his siblings than for Dany. 

10 minutes ago, maverick_nc1 said:

No, simply because the love connection between Jon and Dany hasn't been built strongly enough for it to be.  At this current moment, its far easier to see Jon's love for his siblings than for Dany. 

But Jon doesn't really have a strong connection with Bran. They were never really close like Arya. It's been god knows how many years, and Bran isn't Bran anymore. I feel like there is more of a connection with Sansa than with Bran,atm.

Both Bran and Dany are Jons blood. Yes. But with Dany there is the romance aspect as well. He loves her. It's complicated.

1 minute ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

But Jon doesn't really have a strong connection with Bran. They were never really close like Arya. It's been god knows how many years, and Bran isn't Bran anymore. I feel like there is more of a connection with Sansa than with Bran,atm.

Both Bran and Dany are Jons blood. Yes. But with Dany there is the romance aspect as well. He loves her. It's complicated.

I hear you, but I just don't agree the romance/love has been built strongly enough for it to warrant being a PtWp/Nissa Nissa situation, they only fell in love like 4 episodes ago. Jon was always close to Bran, but you're right not as close as he was to Arya.

Maybe it isn't Jon at at all and the OP is right, it's Jorah right out of left field!   Or Jamie - he's always loved Cersei, even now...

Or maybe the prophecy is all horseshit.  I don't know, and can only salute GRRM (and the showrunners) for creating such a complex mystery!

55 minutes ago, Kristoff said:

Could explain the cringeworthy subplot to get Jorah back onto the cast. But I've always heard it had something to do with the Actor filming other projects.

why cringeworthy?? Jorah has been a regular and important character from the start. Without him Dany wouldn't be alive atall. He's saved her life literally. 

11 minutes ago, SerJorahsArmy said:

why cringeworthy?? Jorah has been a regular and important character from the start. Without him Dany wouldn't be alive atall. He's saved her life literally. 

Well, he was saved from dying of Greyscale for a reason and I can't currently think of a better one, so why the hell not?!

18 minutes ago, SerJorahsArmy said:

How was it not? Jorah contracts a terminal illness, manages to get transported to the citadel just so Sam can cure said terminal illness and he can come waltz right back into the lineup. He might as well have been killed off and resurrected by a red priest.

Jorah afaik only got greyscale on the show because the actor needed time away to film Resident Evil.
Then when he was ready to come back, he got cured and sent back to Daenerys.

Personally I didn't mind it. It added some will-he-won't-he tension when he got it mid-season.

2 hours ago, ForgottenKnight said:

1.  Same reason there was a Prince who was Promised.  GRRM wouldn't have mentioned it so many times in the series if he didn't intend someone to fulfill the prophecy.  Most people think AA and PP are the same person because that's Melisandre's interpretation of it.  In Essos AA is a big deal so it makes sense she would make that connection.  In Westeros however the PP prophecy has been heard and mentioned several times in the books but never with the connection to AA.  It's likely they are two different people.  Jorah and Dany are the only major characters in Essos for the bulk of the story.  GRRM likes to use red herrings to throw off the readers.  Dany could be the red herring and Jorah being AA.

2.  Also Jorah has survived a lot of crazy battles in the books.  If he was suppose to die earlier there was plenty of opportunities for it to happen.         

If you believe Azor Ahai and the Prince Who Was Promised are the same person then Jorah being that person makes zero sense to the story, none at all. I'll give you that the Last Hero and Azor Ahai are probably the same person from long ago mixed up in two legends. Azor Ahai being reborn and the Prince Who Was Promised are also probably the same person/prophecy......and for the story to move towards that person being Jorah Mormont? Makes no sense. I can't understand why people don't want to admit to themselves that it's Jon, if it's anybody

If Nissa Nissa was the Night’s Queen (as she likely was) and the Night’s King was Azor Ahai (Brandon Stark, turned, but then cured himself and stabbed the Night’s Queen, becoming known as Brandon the Breaker), then to make Light Bringer you might have to stab a WW in the heart with dragonglass or a dragonsteel sword, and maybe not just any.

“The moon cracked” when Nissa Nissa was stabbed, the Night’s Queen had skin white like the moon, and the maids said the moon was a woman, and another moon/woman would be cracked again one day.

Archived