Arya

House Cambodia

1 minute ago, Argonath Diver said:

Well the dudes directly said they decided it would be Arya killing the NK three years ago, so whatever the hell GRRM theoretically wants to happen is not the way we saw it.

I don't care, that was fucking awesome.

For me it seems to make Mel, Stannis, Jon's res, and to a lessor degree Danny stories deminished.

Just now, Igziabeher said:

So did Bran give Arya the valerian steel dagger knowing that she would be the one to kill the NK?

It seems that at the very least, he knew she would do more damage with it than him. In the books geenseeing seems to be metaphorical and not exact, so that would be my guess.

Something tells that it's not over yet. Something weird happens whenever the Night King touches someone, be it turning babies into White Walkers or counteracting the Children of the Forest's magic by grabbing Bran's arm. So Arya could be in some trouble.

Just now, longest night said:

They decided three years ago they would make it Arya. So they decided season 7. Talk about a big middle finger to GRRM's source material.

Exactly. So the entire "blue eyes" Melisandre said was a crapload. 

The worse, they almost admitted that Jon was supposed to do it and they swapped it with Arya, just so it could be "unexpected"

1 minute ago, Angel Eyes said:

Something tells that it's not over yet. Something weird happens whenever the Night King touches someone, be it turning babies into White Walkers or counteracting the Children of the Forest's magic by grabbing Bran's arm. So Arya could be in some trouble.

No, this is it... No negotiating, just accepting. The awful truth :D 

19 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

Well the dudes directly said they decided it would be Arya killing the NK three years ago, so whatever the hell GRRM theoretically wants to happen is not the way we saw it.

:lol: :lol: 

1 minute ago, Risto said:

Exactly. So the entire "blue eyes" Melisandre said was a crapload. 

The worse, they almost admitted that Jon was supposed to do it and they swapped it with Arya, just so it could be "unexpected"

No, this is it... No negotiating, just accepting. The awful truth :D 

Yeah, it's bullshit. I knew not to have any major expectations of good storytelling, but I am disappointed I won't get a glimpse of GRRM's ending. 

4 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

She’s fine.

than again, I suppose any “trouble” she could be in would be less contrived than what we just witnessed tonight. Holy plot armor

1 minute ago, Argonath Diver said:

I should also specify that this episode made about as little goddamn sense as all the last three ridiculous seasons combined. Whatever, go Arya go. I'm excited to see the rant thread, there's plenty to do.

:cheers:

33 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

They said "they've known it would be Arya for three years" that doesn't necessarily mean they made it up. But, as someone reminded me in another thread, there is no NK in the books. 

9 minutes ago, longest night said:

1. Their strategy what stupid. They had the Dothraki charge right into the hoard of undead. I actually laughed out loud at that.

2. LOL at the catapults

3. How the hell did anyone on the front line live?

4.  Our biggest death was... Theon. What the hell. 

As a military historian, I thought the same thing.....dear god, LITERALLY zero tactical sense. Charge, unsupported, with the light cavalry into the heart of the enemy.....to start the fight. :bs:

1 minute ago, Lord Godric said:

They said "they've known it would be Arya for three years" that doesn't necessarily mean they made it up. But, as someone reminded me in another thread, there is no NK in the books. 

No, but there is a "Great Other" who we can assume would be a similar character/representation. 

Just now, Wik said:

As a military historian, I thought the same thing.....dear god, LITERALLY zero tactical sense. Charge, unsupported, with the light cavalry into the heart of the enemy.....to start the fight. :bs:

You can't even break the ranks of a mass of undead, a cavalry charge is pointless.

Just now, Wik said:

No, but there is a "Great Other" who we can assume would be a similar character/representation. 

We don't know that the Great Other is a corporeal being, or if he exists at all. As far as I remember, he's only been mentioned by Melisandre as the antithesis of the Lord of Light, who is also not a corporeal being. 

Archived