Arya

House Cambodia

I came across an intriguing theory about Arya next episode. She's all tooled up with Valaryan steel and dragonglass, and she's pumped (!) Gendry for information on what the WW look like. The suggestion is she's planning on using her Faceless Man skills to kill a WW and steal his identity in order to get to the NK, either in the crypts or at the god's tree where Bran is waiting as bait.

The problem for me is that AFAIK any time a WW has been killed, it's blown into thousands of shards of ice. Is it possible for her to maim a WW and flay it?

The problem for me is that AFAIK any time a WW has been killed, it's blown into thousands of shards of ice. Is it possible for her to maim a WW and flay it?

I think you answered your own question here.

God I hope not. That would be the worst cheap-out in the history of cheap-outs. 

Obviously, the logistics are impossible as you said, yourself. I'm pretty sure you can't flay a White Walker. 

I think Arya is just gearing up in battle the best way she knows how--information, information, information. Also cool new weapons and speeches about death and cocky showmanship displays. 

On 4/24/2019 at 9:25 AM, House Cambodia said:

using her Faceless Man skills to kill a WW and steal his identity

Funny idea, but extremely unlikely. That makes not much sense to me.

On 4/24/2019 at 9:25 AM, House Cambodia said:

Is it possible for her to maim a WW and flay it?

No, we have always seen it differently. You know that very well.

On 4/24/2019 at 3:25 AM, House Cambodia said:

I came across an intriguing theory about Arya next episode. She's all tooled up with Valaryan steel and dragonglass, and she's pumped (!) Gendry for information on what the WW look like. The suggestion is she's planning on using her Faceless Man skills to kill a WW and steal his identity in order to get to the NK, either in the crypts or at the god's tree where Bran is waiting as bait.

Good one!

15 minutes ago, Astromech said:

It feels a bit too much like fan service. However, maybe Bran worged into Arya

No more series after this one, so no need to pander to the fans.

They've either done a deal with GRRM and changed the ending or this was a plan all along, only in the books of course the Great Other isn't called the Night King.  But I'm sure he exists.

1 minute ago, Ser Gareth said:

No more series after this one, so no need to pander to the fans.

They've either done a deal with GRRM and changed the ending or this was a plan all along, only in the books of course the Great Other isn't called the Night King.  But I'm sure he exists.

Seems to me they just dumped the prince/princess that was promised vs NK narrative.  

Archived