Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Well the dudes directly said they decided it would be Arya killing the NK three years ago, so whatever the hell GRRM theoretically wants to happen is not the way we saw it.

I don't care, that was fucking awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Argonath Diver said:

Well the dudes directly said they decided it would be Arya killing the NK three years ago, so whatever the hell GRRM theoretically wants to happen is not the way we saw it.

I don't care, that was fucking awesome.

For me it seems to make Mel, Stannis, Jon's res, and to a lessor degree Danny stories deminished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Igziabeher said:

So did Bran give Arya the valerian steel dagger knowing that she would be the one to kill the NK?

It seems that at the very least, he knew she would do more damage with it than him. In the books geenseeing seems to be metaphorical and not exact, so that would be my guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, no_one_... said:

Seems to me they just dumped the prince/princess that was promised vs NK narrative.  

Exactly what happened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They decided three years ago they would make it Arya. So they decided season 7. Talk about a big middle finger to GRRM's source material.

 

 

Edited by longest night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something tells that it's not over yet. Something weird happens whenever the Night King touches someone, be it turning babies into White Walkers or counteracting the Children of the Forest's magic by grabbing Bran's arm. So Arya could be in some trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, longest night said:

They decided three years ago they would make it Arya. So they decided season 7. Talk about a big middle finger to GRRM's source material.

Exactly. So the entire "blue eyes" Melisandre said was a crapload. 

The worse, they almost admitted that Jon was supposed to do it and they swapped it with Arya, just so it could be "unexpected"

1 minute ago, Angel Eyes said:

Something tells that it's not over yet. Something weird happens whenever the Night King touches someone, be it turning babies into White Walkers or counteracting the Children of the Forest's magic by grabbing Bran's arm. So Arya could be in some trouble.

No, this is it... No negotiating, just accepting. The awful truth :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

Well the dudes directly said they decided it would be Arya killing the NK three years ago, so whatever the hell GRRM theoretically wants to happen is not the way we saw it.

I don't care, that was fucking awesome.

:lol: :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Risto said:

Exactly. So the entire "blue eyes" Melisandre said was a crapload. 

The worse, they almost admitted that Jon was supposed to do it and they swapped it with Arya, just so it could be "unexpected"

No, this is it... No negotiating, just accepting. The awful truth :D 

Yeah, it's bullshit. I knew not to have any major expectations of good storytelling, but I am disappointed I won't get a glimpse of GRRM's ending. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UnViserion said:

:lol: :lol: 

I should also specify that this episode made about as little goddamn sense as all the last three ridiculous seasons combined. Whatever, go Arya go. I'm excited to see the rant thread, there's plenty to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Something tells that it's not over yet. Something weird happens whenever the Night King touches someone, be it turning babies into White Walkers or counteracting the Children of the Forest's magic by grabbing Bran's arm. So Arya could be in some trouble.

She’s fine.

than again, I suppose any “trouble” she could be in would be less contrived than what we just witnessed tonight. Holy plot armor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Argonath Diver said:

I should also specify that this episode made about as little goddamn sense as all the last three ridiculous seasons combined. Whatever, go Arya go. I'm excited to see the rant thread, there's plenty to do.

:cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Their strategy what stupid. They had the Dothraki charge right into the hoard of undead. I actually laughed out loud at that.

2. LOL at the catapults

3. How the hell did anyone on the front line live?

4.  Our biggest death was... Theon. What the hell. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

Well the dudes directly said they decided it would be Arya killing the NK three years ago, so whatever the hell GRRM theoretically wants to happen is not the way we saw it.

I don't care, that was fucking awesome.

They said "they've known it would be Arya for three years" that doesn't necessarily mean they made it up. But, as someone reminded me in another thread, there is no NK in the books. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, longest night said:

1. Their strategy what stupid. They had the Dothraki charge right into the hoard of undead. I actually laughed out loud at that.

2. LOL at the catapults

3. How the hell did anyone on the front line live?

4.  Our biggest death was... Theon. What the hell. 

 

As a military historian, I thought the same thing.....dear god, LITERALLY zero tactical sense. Charge, unsupported, with the light cavalry into the heart of the enemy.....to start the fight. :bs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Godric said:

They said "they've known it would be Arya for three years" that doesn't necessarily mean they made it up. But, as someone reminded me in another thread, there is no NK in the books. 

No, but there is a "Great Other" who we can assume would be a similar character/representation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wik said:

As a military historian, I thought the same thing.....dear god, LITERALLY zero tactical sense. Charge, unsupported, with the light cavalry into the heart of the enemy.....to start the fight. :bs:

You can't even break the ranks of a mass of undead, a cavalry charge is pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wik said:

No, but there is a "Great Other" who we can assume would be a similar character/representation. 

We don't know that the Great Other is a corporeal being, or if he exists at all. As far as I remember, he's only been mentioned by Melisandre as the antithesis of the Lord of Light, who is also not a corporeal being. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×