Arya

House Cambodia

1 minute ago, longest night said:

At first I thought you were serious. Sarcasm is often hard to detect.

Well, one should if one reads my other posts ;-).

And with both Targaryens and bitchy Stark sister still alive we can go back now to pointless infighting.

2 minutes ago, Lord Godric said:

You're reading into these things what you wanted them to say. You want Jon to be the hero that Martin has planned to save things, so that's what you think they said. 

honestly, the best way for them to handle killing the NK should have been with jon riding rhaegal and ordering him to trow fire at the NK while he was trying to kill danny. And while the fire is going on danny stabs him with a dragonglass dagger. This way both could have been involved in killing the dude...

1 minute ago, longest night said:

"For...three years now or something, we've known that it was going to be Arya who delivers that fatal blow... We hope to kinda avoid the expected and Jon Snow has always been the hero, the one whose in[been?] the savior, but it just didn't seem right to us for this moment."

I know how to read, you can stop quoting the same thing. My point is that GRRM didn't tell D&D that Jon would be the hero who single handedly kills the NK and they just decided to change it on a whim to Arya. There is no NK, and Jon is not going to destroy the Others all on his own. 

1 minute ago, divica said:

honestly, the best way for them to handle killing the NK should have been with jon riding rhaegal and ordering him to trow fire at the NK while he was trying to kill danny. And while the fire is going on danny stabs him with a dragonglass dagger. This way both could have been involved in killing the dude...

And people complain about there being too many fantasy tropes in the show. Yes let's have the two painfully obvious plot-armored destined to rule characters do it all themselves. 

1 minute ago, Lord Godric said:

And people complain about there being too many fantasy tropes in the show. Yes let's have the two painfully obvious plot-armored destined to rule characters do it all themselves. 

I don't because tropes exist because it's good writing. Otherwise you get this episode and The Last Jedi.

Just now, Lord Godric said:

And people complain about there being too many fantasy tropes in the show…

It would be the one of the few ways to keep the AA/ptwp profecy open to interpretation. This arya thing simply wasn t the way...

24 minutes ago, Bran the Shipper said:

GRRM would need to answer the question of who Azor Ahai Reborn would be (or at least personally know the answer), which would thematically be the same person as who would kill the Night King in the show.  From what we know Azor Ahai Reborn can't be Arya in the books based on all the prophecies, so the writers for the show made that up.

Jon dreamed of being at The Wall wielding a flaming sword which is a huge foreshadowing that he is Azor Ahai. I'll stick with that.

2 minutes ago, Lord Godric said:

You're reading into these things what you wanted them to say. You want Jon to be the hero that Martin has planned to save things, so that's what you think they said. 

ding ding ding

We don't even know if there will be some equivalent to this in the books let alone who will fill what role if there is.  What we do know is that Bran, Jon, Dany Arya and Tyrion were conceived as the main characters in the series and that the end probably hasn't changed much since so they all have key roles to play in the final resolution.   Something like this does fit Arya, so would killing Cersie but that seems to be going to Tyrion. 

3 minutes ago, longest night said:

Infighting is better than three episodes of Cersei.

Well, there will be infighting in KL, too. Or perhaps not. Oh, but if Qyburn and Euron and Cersei are getting along better than the good guys isn't that a sign that they should rule?

3 minutes ago, Lord Godric said:

They don t do it because they are rulers. They would do it because of all the foreshadowing that it is them that do it.

Making something unexpected just because it is unexpected isn t good writing. It has to make sense.

2 minutes ago, lomiller said:

ding ding ding

We don't even know if there will be some equivalent to this in the books let alone who will fill what role if there is.  What we do know is that Bran, Jon, Dany Arya and Tyrion were conceived as the main characters in the series and that the end probably hasn't changed much since so they all have key roles to play in the final resolution.   Something like this does fit Arya, so would killing Cersie but that seems to be going to Tyrion. 

The problem is that it doesn t. We have all the AA/ptwp profecies and noone of them seem related to arya… She isn t even aware of the dead or is learning how to fight them… 

1 minute ago, divica said:

Making something unexpected just because it is unexpected isn t good writing. It has to make sense.

I agree, but to just give into the most basic trope also isn't good writing, it's lazy. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Well, there will be infighting in KL, too. Or perhaps not. Oh, but if Qyburn and Euron and Cersei are getting along better than the good guys isn't that a sign that they should rule?

I just don't care what happens. I know I am not getting a glimmer of GRRM's ending which is the only reason I watched. I guess the War for the Dawn will take place at Winterfell and they win. That' about all I got from it.

Just now, Lord Godric said:

I agree, but to just give into the most basic trope also isn't good writing, it's lazy. 

No. The tropes are tropes because they are good. The important thing in doing a trope is to give it a pesonal twist...

3 minutes ago, Lord Godric said:

This is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Tropes=good writing? :bang:

They became Tropes for a reason.  Avoiding them altogether would entail taking everything good that has even been written and doing the opposite, which doesn't sound like an approach that would work very well.

Archived