Survival Chances for ep3

Ser Penrose

Hi all,

Rather than give a binary list of who lives/dies in episode 3 I thought I'd give every character I can think of a percentage so I don't feel as bad when I get it wrong ;)

What do you guys think (I'll give some of my thoughts below the list)?

Cersei 100%
Daenerys 100%
Drogon 100%
Euron 100%
Harry Strickland 100%
Hot Pie 100%
Sam 100%
Jon 95%
Sansa 95%
Arya 80%
Ghost 70%
The Hound 65%
Ed 60%
Bran 55%
Davos 50%
Jamie 50%
Lyanna 50%
Rhaegal 50%
Yara 50%
Gilly 40%
Little Sam 40%
Tyrion 40%
Brienne 35%
Jorah 30%
Tormund 25%
Beric 20%
Grey Worm 20%
Melisandre 15%
Missandei 10%
Varys 5%
Bronn 0%
Gendry 0%
Pod 0%
Theon 0%

All those on 100% I'm absolutely sure will survive. Sam IS the narrator and they're hinting all the time now.
Jon, Sansa, Arya, Ghost and The Hound very likely to make it. They've all got plenty of story left. (Ghost will be crucial later on I think)
Ed and Bran. Think they'll survive just about but just as likely they'll die. Bran because I think Sam will take over from him as 'The memories of Westeros' i.e. write ASOIAF
All those on 50% I have no idea. I've changed my mind so much. Especially Jamie, he can die pretty much anywhere at anytime and it'll make sense now.
Gilly, Little Sam and Tyrion. Worried after ep2 montage, outside Winterfell likely safer than in. Tyrion killed by Bronn :(
Brienne, Jorah, Tormund and Beric. Haven't really got any story left but they're not dead yet, especially Brienne. I can see her continuing to serve Sansa, can also see her and Tyrions death pushing Jamie to KL.
I think it's slightly more likely Grey Worm will survive than Missandei because a) he's not in the crypts b) he can still go protect Narth in Missandei's name. Doesn't work the other way round :(
All the rest are brown bread. Brienne didn't exactly sing pods praises (I know she was referring to Jamie too when she said 'He's still got a lot to learn').

My favourite death though will hopefully be my personal favourite character, Theon. No he won't die saving Bran, not strictly anyway. I think He'll be a willing sacrifice beneath the Weirwood for Bran to perform some old gods magic. I think Jon will reluctantly swing the sword and bring that whole arc to a swift end.

Anyway, Thanks for reading. I could go on for days but thought I'd try and keep this as short as.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

3 hours ago, Ser Penrose said:

Hi all,

Rather than give a binary list of who lives/dies in episode 3 I thought I'd give every character I can think of a percentage so I don't feel as bad when I get it wrong ;)

What do you guys think (I'll give some of my thoughts below the list)?

Cersei 100%
Daenerys 100%
Drogon 100%
Euron 100%
Harry Strickland 100%
Hot Pie 100%
Sam 100%
Jon 95%
Sansa 95%
Arya 80%
Ghost 70%
The Hound 65%
Ed 60%
Bran 55%
Davos 50%
Jamie 50%
Lyanna 50%
Rhaegal 50%
Yara 50%
Gilly 40%
Little Sam 40%
Tyrion 40%
Brienne 35%
Jorah 30%
Tormund 25%
Beric 20%
Grey Worm 20%
Melisandre 15%
Missandei 10%
Varys 5%
Bronn 0%
Gendry 0%
Pod 0%
Theon 0%

All those on 100% I'm absolutely sure will survive. Sam IS the narrator and they're hinting all the time now.
Jon, Sansa, Arya, Ghost and The Hound very likely to make it. They've all got plenty of story left. (Ghost will be crucial later on I think)
Ed and Bran. Think they'll survive just about but just as likely they'll die. Bran because I think Sam will take over from him as 'The memories of Westeros' i.e. write ASOIAF
All those on 50% I have no idea. I've changed my mind so much. Especially Jamie, he can die pretty much anywhere at anytime and it'll make sense now.
Gilly, Little Sam and Tyrion. Worried after ep2 montage, outside Winterfell likely safer than in. Tyrion killed by Bronn :(
Brienne, Jorah, Tormund and Beric. Haven't really got any story left but they're not dead yet, especially Brienne. I can see her continuing to serve Sansa, can also see her and Tyrions death pushing Jamie to KL.
I think it's slightly more likely Grey Worm will survive than Missandei because a) he's not in the crypts b) he can still go protect Narth in Missandei's name. Doesn't work the other way round :(
All the rest are brown bread. Brienne didn't exactly sing pods praises (I know she was referring to Jamie too when she said 'He's still got a lot to learn').

My favourite death though will hopefully be my personal favourite character, Theon. No he won't die saving Bran, not strictly anyway. I think He'll be a willing sacrifice beneath the Weirwood for Bran to perform some old gods magic. I think Jon will reluctantly swing the sword and bring that whole arc to a swift end.

Anyway, Thanks for reading. I could go on for days but thought I'd try and keep this as short as.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

Bronn wont be in the next episode so why do you give him 0%? .... I would put my money on him surviving the whole GOT anyway :).  Also Gendry and Varys have a lot of to tell...

I genuinely wouldn't put anyone at 0% for episode 3.
There are quite a few characters that I would give a 0% survival chance at the end of the saga, but not for this episode.

By contrast, there are quite a few characters that I'd put at 100% survival chance this episode, but I have no characters that I'd give a 100% survival chance at the end of the saga (possibly with the exception of Sam).

Secure for ep 3: 

Tyrion: got that chat with Bran, he's got some knowledge he will use later, no storytelling sense if he is killed now

Daenerys, Sansa: None of them can die before their power play disputes are resolved.

Sam: I think he survives it all

Slight chance to die in ep 3 but mostly secure:

Cercei, Euron: small chance NK pulls a Whispering Wood and attacks Kings Landing

Jon: Mostly safe, but ... we need a big death before the last episode, to drive emotions through the last 3 episodes. Can't have all the real big deaths come in ep6. Jon might end up backstabbed by Dany.

Arya: If not Jon, she dies for the same reason.

Jaime: He is going to be the hero of this saga. Might die, but not in ep 3. Most probably in the final battle vs the dead

Dead:

Brienne: with her knighting her story is concluded

Bran: Him sharing an, apparently, important piece of knowledge with Tyrion, to be used later, means that he isn't around later.

Theon: He is redeemed, his story seems concluded, defending Bran seems to be a fitting way for him to go down

No one can know about any secondary character. At this point the show may be forced to treat them as cannon fodder. 

1 hour ago, VladLXXXI said:

Bronn wont be in the next episode so why do you give him 0%? .... I would put my money on him surviving the whole GOT anyway :).  Also Gendry and Varys have a lot of to tell...

For me it makes sense for Bronn to betray the Lannister brothers during the commotion of the battle. Also I’m sure I heard Jamie shout ‘Bronn’ from the battlements in the season trailer. I give him barely 1 minute of screen time let alone more than 1 episode. He’s outgrown the book version by years I just don’t see his point. 

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

I genuinely wouldn't put anyone at 0% for episode 3.
There are quite a few characters that I would give a 0% survival chance at the end of the saga, but not for this episode.

By contrast, there are quite a few characters that I'd put at 100% survival chance this episode, but I have no characters that I'd give a 100% survival chance at the end of the saga (possibly with the exception of Sam).

I agree for the most part. Was reluctant to put a couple on 0 but it’s easier to do when you see all the other names above. I do feel like not too many will die as pretty much all on the list deserve a proper ending. I don’t see a single one having a straight last stand death. There’s gotta be betrayal and twist. Where would everyone put the night king on surviving. I literally haven’t a clue on him

I really don't think I can put a percentage on who lives and dies in Episode 3 simply because I really don't know. 

One thing I will say is that I will be soooooo peeved if they kill Bran now. Seriously, why have a wayback machine character purported to have within him somewhere the ability to help combat the white walkers if all you ever use him for is confirming R+L=J several times over. It'd just be a waste. Of course, he fact that they so blatantly describe him as NK "bait", which to anyone else sounds like a death sentence, probably means he've survive this encounter but a crap ton of people will go down keeping him safe. Bottom line is that I don't want to hear information second-hand from bloody Tyrion or Sam that Bran may or may not have told them off-screen when Bran could have a vision and show us stuff. The three of them should work it out together; Bran, Tyrion and Sam. Knights of the Mind and all that. On-screen. So, I'd put Bran's survival reasonably high though I still have that degree of concern that the show would be that stupid.

As for everyone else... I seriously don't see any of the big characters dying. The buck probably stops at Jaime, who I *could* see going out. Generally, though, I think the supporting cast and secondary cast are up for the chop. Basically, if they had a nice scene in 2. they're likely to be dead in 3. Take Theon, for instance. Guy seems positively doomed - his death with a weapon in his hand and going out as "Theon Greyjoy" is his arc fulfilled. 

5 hours ago, VladLXXXI said:

Bronn wont be in the next episode  

I wouldn't be so sure about it. Travel Time is relative in this show. Theon left King's Landing basically at the same time as Bronn and he already arrived last week in Winterfell. Theon went by boat, which is faster, but IMO it's absolutely possible that Bronn arrives shortly before the battle or maybe during the battle.

22 hours ago, Ser Penrose said:

All those on 100% I'm absolutely sure will survive.

From my point of view, not a single character has 100% and none has % either. We simply do not know and the show used to surprise us.

However, my expectation for your 100% characters is quite similar. Most probably they will survive. I would call that something like 95%, though.

I disagree with your 0% characters quite a lot, though. I don't expect to see Bronn so I cannot see why he should die already in E3. I still have some hopes for Gendry, approx 30%, but yes, he might die. Same for Pod, but if Brienne dies, he might survive.  Theon I see lowest with 5%. 

Grey Worm's chances I see significantly lower, max 10%.

Gilly and Little Sam I see drastically higher, approx. 85%. Maybe some losses in the crypts, but these two are quite safe for me.

I don't expect Melisandre during the battle, so I give her an 95% for E3, too. Her chances of surviving the whole series is extremely low.

I see Yara close to 95% because I don't expect her in E3.

45 minutes ago, loverofcats said:

Jon and Daenerys definitely will survive next episode. They are shown in the trailer at Dragonstone.

Unless that scene is a fake-out. Unlikely, but not impossible. 

Ded:

Davos (saving the little girl)

Jorah 

Tormund

Beric

Grey Worm OR Missandei (basically got a sign with "please kill me" after last episode)

Theon (with a sad goodbye scene with Sansa) 

Probably ded:

Sam (with a sad goodbye scene with Gilly)

Jon/Dany (I think ONE of them may die. Not sure which one though)

Brienne (with a sad goodbye scene with Jaime)

Varys 

Melisandre

Gendry OR Arya (with a sad goodbye scene from the other)

Pod

Alive: 

Cersei

Euron

Sansa

The hound (will finish Gregor arc first)

Bran  

Jaime (will see Cersei again)

Yara 

Gilly+little sam

Tyrion

Bronn

Archived