Avengers Endgame- SPOILERS

ants

On 4/26/2019 at 7:46 AM, DaveSumm said:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier: New Jersey, Heil Hydra, the elevator in general, Robert Redford, probably more.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Falcon's "On your left", which was like, all the feels.

One minor thing - how did the settler of New Asgard get there?  Last we saw, Thanos had pretty much obliterated the Asgardian refugee ship, and Thor was rescued by the GotG.  I presume any remaining survivors (Valkyrie, Korg, etc...) were huddled in some remnant of the refugee ship?  Did Thor go get them after they went and cut off of Thanos' head?  Or maybe between the end of IW and that mission to go kill Thanos (I think they said something like it had been 22 days since the snap...maybe in that time he went and rescued his people).

46 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

One minor thing - how did the settler of New Asgard get there?  Last we saw, Thanos had pretty much obliterated the Asgardian refugee ship, and Thor was rescued by the GotG.  I presume any remaining survivors (Valkyrie, Korg, etc...) were huddled in some remnant of the refugee ship?  Did Thor go get them after they went and cut off of Thanos' head?  Or maybe between the end of IW and that mission to go kill Thanos (I think they said something like it had been 22 days since the snap...maybe in that time he went and rescued his people).

They were heading for Earth before Thanos attacked, so presumably Valkyrie had the coordinates and decided if Thor thought Earth was the best place to go she would take them there.

2 hours ago, HokieStone said:

I think Thanos only killed half the Asguardians as he is wont to do.

9 hours ago, sifth said:

Just saying, if this is true a scene was missing that established it.

The scene is an end credit scene in Captain Marvel. They use the signal and she shows up and says "Where's Fury?"

Saw Endgame this morning and it was incredible. Hit all the right notes for me. Will see it again.

Whoa.  What a beautiful day.

When Cap spirited away to return the stones I said aloud "Oh!" because I was sure he was gonna return onto that time travel pedastal with Nat, whom he was gonna get back when he returned the soul stone.   Uh, they went with somethin' else.   So, Black Widow is still dead.  Uhhhhhh, does that mean it was fake news she's getting a movie?  Like a Feige smokescreen so nobody would predict the death.  Or, ....some shit with Red Skull has yet to go down to get Nat back.

Uhhhhh,  total fulfillment I guess would be the words.   

7 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

So, Black Widow is still dead.  Uhhhhhh, does that mean it was fake news she's getting a movie? 

Pretty sure it's been acknowledged that her movie will be an origin story.  Seems kinda backwards to do an origin story after you have the emotional aspect of her death....but I'm sure it will make $$$.

11 hours ago, denstorebog said:

I'm pretty surprised the final battle was so short. The MCU movies have always relied on overly long climax fights, but this is the one time I would actually have loved to see more.

I wonder if they'll be a "directors cut" or somesuch - seemed like there was a LOT of characters that only got very cursory attention during the battle.  Barely saw any of Drax, for example.  Also, I was expecting more showdowns with the Children of Thanos.

Some thinks:

♡  Strange should have the Time Stone back for Dr. Strange 2 because the Ancient One got it returned to her, so her timeline didn't deviate from ours, and she can pass the stone on to Steven same as before.

♡  Cap is found on the bench not the time travel portal because he stayed with our timeline's Peggy and drove to meet them that morning from out of hiding.  It worked because Peggy is good at keeping secrets and he had self control enough to keep off the grid, knowing history enough to know he'd given all he needed to and could stay retired and the world would be okay.

♡  Xandar is back, bitches!  Not smashed anymore because Thanos never got round to it.  And the stones are not destroyed in our timeline because ..... they've been put back in time & place to BEFORE Thanos ever got them, and will march forward in OUR timeline from those points, and Thanos is now unable to destroy them cuz dead.  So ...Thanos' new death date replaces his first one??  (Unless Russo Time allows everyone to remember both deaths??)   Anyway, I tink we clear sailing into the future with regard to Thanos and his bunch.   (Loki and Hail Hydra Cap, however... less clear what the hell disruptions that'll cause).

♡ I thought the younger Nebula, the more recently Thanos-loyal version, killed "our" older Nebula.  This would be better for preventing paradox, as she can now just live those lost 5 years over differently from before like a big Take Two, ALONG WITH HER MATCHINGLY YOUNGER SIS, Gamora, who will be recharmed quickly by Quill who now knows the tricks involved, having already pulled it off once, and he enjoys such projects, so no problem for the timeline there.   (Oops.  She may have gone dusty with Thanos' army?  Yikes!  Ah, then Adam must be contended with to pry her out of the Soul Stone.  Drat?  Hell yeah?  Hmmm.)

♡  Loki teleported away out of custody....and is then seen back in asgard jail during Thor 2 times, as if he didn't escape...... uhhhhhhhh, I've got nothin'.     Other than to say Loki is smart enough that be may be able to police his own timeline to prevent paradoxes by putting his own ass back in asgard prison knowing he can tesseract teleport away as soon as it suits him.   Or, maybe that's an alternate timeline, to go with the Cap changes to Winter Soldier.

Vision!    Crap.   He's not supposed to be a superstar according to comic book history, huh?  So the writers thought he'd stayed long enough.  But he was funner on screen, which is why i wanted more.  If Wanda had access to the mind stone before they returned the stones, maybe she used that time to craft him again and we'll see that scene on their streaming show?  

1 hour ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Some thinks:

♡  Strange should have the Time Stone back for Dr. Strange 2 because the Ancient One got it returned to her, so her timeline didn't deviate from ours, and she can pass the stone on to Steven same as before.

♡  Cap is found on the bench not the time travel portal because he stayed with our timeline's Peggy and drove to meet them that morning from out of hiding.  It worked because Peggy is good at keeping secrets and he had self control enough to keep off the grid, knowing history enough to know he'd given all he needed to and could stay retired and the world would be okay.

♡  Xandar is back, bitches!  Not smashed anymore because Thanos never got round to it.  And the stones are not destroyed in our timeline because ..... they've been put back in time & place to BEFORE Thanos ever got them, and will march forward in OUR timeline from those points, and Thanos is now unable to destroy them cuz dead.  So ...Thanos' new death date replaces his first one??  (Unless Russo Time allows everyone to remember both deaths??)   Anyway, I tink we clear sailing into the future with regard to Thanos and his bunch.   (Loki and Hail Hydra Cap, however... less clear what the hell disruptions that'll cause).

♡ I thought the younger Nebula, the more recently Thanos-loyal version, killed "our" older Nebula.  This would be better for preventing paradox, as she can now just live those lost 5 years over differently from before like a big Take Two, ALONG WITH HER MATCHINGLY YOUNGER SIS, Gamora, who will be recharmed quickly by Quill who now knows the tricks involved, having already pulled it off once, and he enjoys such projects, so no problem for the timeline there.   (Oops.  She may have gone dusty with Thanos' army?  Yikes!  Ah, then Adam must be contended with to pry her out of the Soul Stone.  Drat?  Hell yeah?  Hmmm.)

♡  Loki teleported away out of custody....and is then seen back in asgard jail during Thor 2 times, as if he didn't escape...... uhhhhhhhh, I've got nothin'.     Other than to say Loki is smart enough that be may be able to police his own timeline to prevent paradoxes by putting his own ass back in asgard prison knowing he can tesseract teleport away as soon as it suits him.   Or, maybe that's an alternate timeline, to go with the Cap changes to Winter Soldier.

Vision!    Crap.   He's not supposed to be a superstar according to comic book history, huh?  So the writers thought he'd stayed long enough.  But he was funner on screen, which is why i wanted more.  If Wanda had access to the mind stone before they returned the stones, maybe she used that time to craft him again and we'll see that scene on their streaming show?  

I feel like none of your speculations about the prime timeline are gonna pan out because it's not the way this movie asserted time travel to be. There are no paradoxes. They explicitly said this isn't Back to the Future. The past can't be changed to affect the future. Any time someone goes to the past, they are creating a divergent timeline. You can't travel back and stay within the same reality.

What the Ancient One said about the Stones leaving their specific branch is that it could result in disastrous results because the Stones are needed to main order within their specific universe -- something along the lines of, "If I give you this Stone, it will save your reality but doom mine."

This is a pretty good diagram of alternate realities created by the Avengers traveling through time.

1 hour ago, Bastard of Boston said:

I feel like none of your speculations about the prime timeline are gonna pan out because it's not the way this movie asserted time travel to be. There are no paradoxes. They explicitly said this isn't Back to the Future. The past can't be changed to affect the future. Any time someone goes to the past, they are creating a divergent timeline. You can't travel back and stay within the same reality.

What the Ancient One said about the Stones leaving their specific branch is that it could result in disastrous results because the Stones are needed to main order within their specific universe -- something along the lines of, "If I give you this Stone, it will save your reality but doom mine."

This is a pretty good diagram of alternate realities created by the Avengers traveling through time.

That diagram suggests a potential follow up villain should be Kang or Immortus. Possibly with the the spin of him being a "whose being fucking with the timeline" guy. 

The end of Deadpool 2 seems relatively straightforward now and not just played for laughs.

Other benefits of these new timelines include;

Can insert X-Men and FF into MCU fairly easily now. The FF would could actually work well as dimension hopping adventurers.

Can dump all the netflix shows into a non movie timeline. Eg they might be from the "thanos was killed before he got the stones" timeline eg snap never happened. Can put any of the other marvel shows there too.

If they ever have a truly awful movie they can stick it in an alt world pretty sharpish.

Okay.  I'm familiar with you temporal mechanics guys, you have a very specific skill set and like to use it on every time travel movie that kidnaps your daughter into the past.  Fine.  I'll try your way.

So loki escaped in an alt dimension and has faded from the movies the same as cap and stark, but is allowed the grace of living on in trickster god fashion, just not round here no more.

It would be weird to resurrect Xandar just to burn it down again so Nova can be born.  So his (Phase 8) movie may be when we finally see the flashback to Thanos destroying Xandar, which then stayed dead so from their ashes we can get another cosmic character. 

The "sudden" absence of Thanos from years of the timeline, and then his death on Earth, may be never mentioned again because it's problematic, or Guardians will make hay out of it with jokes about how trippy their memories are now.

2 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

That’s cool.

To take an out-of-universe position for a second, I think the Russo’s clearly wanted to be able to revisit old films, not fuck with the MCU as we know it and have Cap end up with Peggy and have built a theory around it. So I would personally just bend all those arrows back into the main one, including Cap’s yellow one.

Thinking about the future of the MCU:

I quite like the idea that the European holiday in Far From Home is specifically for students coping with being snapped and missing out on five years. That way we don’t have to fudge the statistics to say that everyone just happened to get snapped.

Guardians 3 will clearly be about searching for Gamora, with Adam Warlock getting in the way at some point. That’s all been clearly laid down.

Black Panther 2: I noticed some talk of earthquakes in the sea from Okoye but I’m not a comic buff, I don’t know what that might be implying. 

Black Widow everyone is now thinking will be an origin movie, but I would personally love it if it were set in the five year gap. Having her be a bit mysterious has always worked, I don’t really feel we need to know how it all happened. There’s plenty of cool side missions that could’ve happened in those five years though.

Doctor Strange 2 has a villain set up ready in Mordo, but as for post-Endgame effects, I guess there’s no time stone anymore? That’s about it.

The Eternals I know nothing about. Shang Chi I know nothing about, and I can’t think of anything particular mentioned going on in Asia that might’ve seeded a plot (outside of Iron Fist anyway).

I also quite like the idea of writing in the lack of a leader for the Avengers. Seems it’ll be a while before there’s another Avengers movie if none have been announced, maybe that has some real consequences - the lack of leadership causes them to miss a lot. I hope we actually see that debate and not just have a new team fully realised from the get go. Maybe Wakanda think they should head things up, Strange thinks he should, but Sam wants an official Avengers team and no one agrees?

Archived