Who can be gendry's mother? a targaryen?

elisa123456789

No, no, no, no, no, no, and no. Why does everyone have to be a secret Targaryen? Is there absolutely nothing else people are interested in? Other than "which character will die next episode"?

Just now, Potsk said:

No, no, no, no, no, no, and no. Why does everyone have to be a secret Targaryen? Is there absolutely nothing else people are interested in? Other than "which character will die next episode"?

He is already a secret Targaryen. His ancestors are Targaryens. Just let know Jon and Gendry know they are cousins.  

1 minute ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

He is already a secret Targaryen. His ancestors are Targaryens. Just let know Jon and Gendry know they are cousins.  

Ancestors and parents are two very different things. Gendry is an Andal, not a Valyrian.

Show genealogy and book genealogy are kind of mixed up, but I think one of Gendry's great-grandmothers was a Targaryen, making Gendry a 1/8th Valyrian. I'm not sure if I'm getting this quite right, but I think in the books, Gendry and Jon are third cousins and in the show they are second cousins, once removed. 

23 hours ago, Potsk said:

Ancestors and parents are two very different things. Gendry is an Andal, not a Valyrian.

1. We don't know who his mother was. For all we know she could be anyone, even a woman from Essos. So claiming he is an Andal with certainity is bullshit straight away. 

2. Even Robert has Targaryen blood, which does not make him a pure blood Andal. Also House Baratheon is not an Andal House. Of course they have Andal blood in their lineage, due to marriages. But the point stands, that Robert is definitively not a 100% Andal. 

On 4/28/2019 at 11:37 PM, T and A said:

1. We don't know who his mother was. For all we know she could be anyone, even a woman from Essos. So claiming he is an Andal with certainity is bullshit straight away.

He claimed his mother has yellow hair, a trait most common among Andals.

On 4/28/2019 at 11:37 PM, T and A said:

Even Robert has Targaryen blood, which does not make him a pure blood Andal. Also House Baratheon is not an Andal House. Of course they have Andal blood in their lineage, due to marriages. But the point stands, that Robert is definitively not a 100% Andal. 

Having a German ancestor 300 years ago doesn't make you a German.

I'm not saying he was a 100% pure Andal, I'm saying he is an ethnic Andal. You don't have to be 100% to be a member of an ethnicity. 80% Andal is still Andal.

41 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

Cersei and Robert spoke about their first kid later on 

I don't think Cersei lied about having a baby, but does she know if the baby really died? It could still be Gendry. I remember it was said that Robert took it away from her, she thought it was dead. Maybe the fact was that she didn't want a sick child.

Gendry saying he remembered his mother having blond hair was to prove that Baratheon children are always black haired regardless of the hair colour of the other parent. It was to point out that Cersei’s kids couldn’t be Baratheons. It was never to establish the possibility of him being Cersei’s first born or that he might be a secret Targ. It just solidified that fact that Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen were born of incest. 

On 4/24/2019 at 4:31 PM, elisa123456789 said:

I heard that gendry may be the son of Cersei, but what if he was the son of Robert and a woman (bastard) of the Targarien?

Here the show does not concern itself with greater characters to display more information about their lineage and history, you think it will consume time for Gendry? 

On 4/27/2019 at 10:43 PM, Potsk said:

How did you work that out? The Durrandons were First Men/Andal mix by the time of Argella, who knows what Orys was. We know for sure his great grandma was First Men/Valyrian.

That said, Cersei is not his mam. However he does look like Robert and that could have an effect on Cersei. Especially as Arya looks like Lyanna. Not sure how the Gendry and Arya thing is going to go though. Got to go somewhere beyond end of the world sex surely?

Archived