UK Politics: Awaiting MV3

Which Tyler

4 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

I used to favour the Utopia Solution (highly contagious, and severely limiting human reproduction); but I'm pretty sure that humanity would double down on giving Mother Nature a good kicking on our way out if we simply left the population at its current level in the mean-time.

So yeah, I'm now onboard with Thanos' solution, but 50% reduction is nowhere near enough (and shouldn't be all life, just sentient and domesticated life)

Most western countries have found the solution to overpopulation. Make everything too expensive so you can't afford to have children and have somewhere to live, make maternity pay and benefits too low to survive on and promote having a career over a family. Voila, barely replacement levels of population without large scale immigration. Easy.

Labour refuse to commit to 2nd referendum - not surprising from Corbyn, but I thought he might have had his hand forced.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-labour-second-referendum-latest-jeremy-corbyn-public-vote-a8893361.html?

Elsewhere, I see that Our Nige is leading by example; as the unelected leader of a political party with no manifesto, no transparency and no accountability; he is also refusing to name his major donors. All this whilst accusing the EU, who's election he's standing in, of being unelected and anti-democratic.

3 hours ago, ants said:

Bloody Corbyn. :(

makes things simple then.  

I don't have to worry that if I vote for them they might U Turn and not support a 2nd ref when it comes to it.  Since they are officially now not supporting one.

So Green or Lib Dem gets my votes

4 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I voted green in my local election (i’m a postal voter)

Awaiting my postal vote for the MEP elections. As pebs says, makes the choice easier

I got 2 local votes, that went green and LD.

I've already got confirmation of my EU postal vote about a week ago. Ali (French wifish) is still waiting her confirmation, despite applying for it before me.

She also voted green and LD in the local.

21 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I doubt any government is content with stagnant social mobility

And yet, here we are.

Meantime:

Corbyn's Labour continue with their policy of having Schrodinger's referendum, which is both in and not in the manifesto at the same time. Real leadership there.

And Scottish Labour appear to be following this ethos, inviting one of their own MSPs to attend a hearing into alleged racism against him with just four days' notice - only for him to be told when he arrived that he couldn't give evidence, because he had to give two weeks' notice to do so. The charges were consequently dismissed without the main evidence being heard.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48105247

Just a here to offer a crutch for the undecided

If you need the help to decide which party you allign with most politically and are too busy or lazy to read the manifestos.

Otherwise, you can enforce your party allegiance and just play with it for your entertainment.

4 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

If you need the help to decide which party you allign with most politically and are too busy or lazy to read the manifestos.

Otherwise, you can enforce your party allegiance and just play with it for your entertainment.

Lol, well I didn't quite get the Brexit party as my number one choice, but it wasn't far off!

Also did a round for a fun with the UK parties, and i also scored highest with the Scottish Greens (probably not that surprising). Plaid Cymru came up as my second or third choice, way ahead of the British Greens (which I found mildly surprising).

PS part of the reason might be that I did not bother to give additional weigh to certain political issues, so it was really just a more general allignment test for me.

41 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Hah! Fun to do when nothing's at stake for me.

My results, unweighted:

1) SDLP (75%)

2) Change UK (73%)

2) LibDem (73%)

2) Scottish Greens (73%)

5) Green Party (68%)

6) SNP (67%)

6) Sinn Fein (67%)

8) Labour (61%)

Quite a few parties there I didn't know exist.

3 minutes ago, SeanF said:

81% DUP, 77% each Conservative and Brexit Party.

But, 53% SDLP, which suggests that the parties have more in common than one might imagine.

Outside of the questions on Europe I found that most of the policy answers weren't wildly different amongst the parties. 

2 hours ago, mormont said:

Corbyn's Labour continue with their policy of having Schrodinger's referendum, which is both in and not in the manifesto at the same time. Real leadership there

Just wanted to applaud the bolded (forum won't let me narrow the post down further)

4 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

For the majority of people in this thread I imagine they're a much more attractive proposition than the Racist Dipshit Party that you find so alluring.

The rest of the country seems think very differently fortunately 

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

A little surprised Green came as low as it did for me.

I got Lib Dem 77%

Bunch of local parties I can't vote for 75-77%

Labour 73%

Green 68%

Chuk 64%

Conservative 47%

But then, I was always going to vote Lib Dem, Green or possibly Chuk

Just now, Soylent Brown said:

Not everyone is in the country is as racist as you, buddy. Don't kid yourself.

I’d ask that you don’t throw around accusations of racism. Not only is it poor form but it makes you look bad. So stop it.

Brexit party appears to be doing rather well so far. I’m sure you view Brexit as racist as well,  but that would sum up your level of thinking 

Just now, Soylent Brown said:

Some of the motivations for Brexit absolutely are racist, and one of the figureheads (amongst others) of the new party is unabashedly racist, but that clearly doesn't deter you at all - how else should I read into that?

You're not racist, you're just a big fan of a bunch of other racists?

I support Brexit because I object to the ongoing transfer of powers to EU institutions, not because I want to usher in the Fourth Reich.

That's a fairly common position among the voters as a whole.

Archived