Which Tyler

UK Politics: Awaiting MV3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, mormont said:

I'll say this, though: one argument I do accept is that it's hypocritical for the BBC to fire Baker on the same day they have Farage on Question Time. 

And still have Sugar knocking around, plus they interviewed Ben Shapiro the other day (who got so pissed off at being asked factual questions that he called Andrew Neil left-wing, which Neil had tremendous fun with).

Edited by Werthead

3 minutes ago, Werthead said:

And still have Sugar knocking around, plus they interviewed Ben Shapiro the other day (who got so pissed off at being asked factual questions that he called Andrew Neil left-wing, which Neil had tremendous fun with).

I pretty much hate Shapiro but is he racist?

4 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I pretty much hate Shapiro but is he racist?

His comments about Muslims suggest the answer to this is a firm yes.

36 minutes ago, Werthead said:

His comments about Muslims suggest the answer to this is a firm yes.

Fair enough. I heard Neil took him to pieces though so glad he was on.

I once got drunk with Andrew Neil in a student flat while arguing politics and literature. He was wearing mustard-yellow braces with a pink shirt. 

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm sure that Harry can see the funny side.

Well, I also recall him wearing a Nazi-uniform at some party once. So at least teenage Harry did not strike me as particular sensitive. Before that discussion starts. No, it's not intended to be whataboutism. And yes, there's a difference between what a stupid teenager does, and what some sixty year old does. The latter should (at least in theory) have a better awareness of what they do, the implications, and the consequences. Just wanted to randomly bring it up, as it took quite a while before he got off my (quite inconsenquential) shitlist, and I just had to think of those pictures again.

Yeah, we've all agreed to just forget Harry's teenage hijinks. Certain people get second chances in our society. I'm sure Danny Baker's will come if he just waits for a decent interval. 

I think he did a lot of growing up, in the army.  Prior to that, he was a bit of a twit.

41 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Can you fire a prince?

His great granduncle would say yes.

Posted (edited)

Protesters throw milkshake at Ukip MEP hopeful Carl Benjamin

A Ukip MEP candidate being investigated by police for speculating about whether he would rape the MP Jess Phillips has become the latest rightwing activist to be targeted with a milkshake.

A fight broke out in Truro, Cornwall, on Friday after two protesters tried to throw the drink over Carl Benjamin, known online as Sargon of Akkad, while he was canvassing for European elections. Protesters also threw fish at him.

First Yaxley-Lennon, now this wanker. Throwing milkshakes at Nazis is the new punching Nazis in the face. 

Edited by Spockydog

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Protesters throw milkshake at Ukip MEP hopeful Carl Benjamin

First Yaxley-Lennon, now this wanker. Throwing milkshakes at Nazis is the new punching Nazis in the face. 

I think Sargon is a bit of bellend and Robinson is scum, but if we are ok with milkshakes being thrown over any politician then I guess that’s the world we live in. Are we ok with things being thrown at Vince Cable or Corbyn or Barnier?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I think Sargon is a bit of bellend and Robinson is scum, but if we are ok with milkshakes being thrown over any politician then I guess that’s the world we live in. Are we ok with things being thrown at Vince Cable or Corbyn or Barnier?

On the day Jeremy Corbyn begins spouting hate I'll be heading down to Islington by way of McDonalds...

Edited by Spockydog

2 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Like anti Semitic hatred?

zzzzz......

8 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Like anti Semitic hatred?

That's just "punching up".