Aegon, Warden of the North

8 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

He told Daenerys at the best possibility time.

Ha-ha, yes, the worst time after all.

How does Jon tell the North about his true identity?

After the battle, obviously. The battle is now absolutely imminent. 

Do they push for independence or do they try to put him on the Throne?

I don't think there is ONE "they" here. We have both Daenerys and the North and the unknown outcome of the battle. It will depends on who survives and most probably they will fight together against Cersei -- the next enemy in line. After destroying Cersei arms (and hopefully killing Cersei) your question will become relevant. Not before that. So we have to wait who lives.

Jon would wait until after the battle for this sort of reveal, a part him probably hoping to die so he doesn't have to deal with it.

Telling Daenerys about his parentage before the battle was horribly out of character for him.
Never telling a lie is not the same thing as telling someone a world-shattering truth at the most inconvenient time.
The "real" Jon would've waited, but then we wouldn't have gotten our weekly dose of Winterfell Drama™. 

17 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Telling Daenerys about his parentage before the battle was horribly out of character for him.

I don't think so. It was quite in-character. Jon is no man of diplomacy or perfect timing. He is straight-forward.

He avoided closeness with Daenerys to avoid this revelation. Daenerys looked for him and found him in front of Lyanna's statue. Then one world led to the other.

It was a very bad moment. But sometime this happens. In the real world, too.

2 hours ago, Kajjo said:

I don't think so. It was quite in-character. Jon is no man of diplomacy or perfect timing. He is straight-forward.

He avoided closeness with Daenerys to avoid this revelation. Daenerys looked for him and found him in front of Lyanna's statue. Then one world led to the other.

Actually the "real" jon that @MinscS2 seem to refer to would be book Jon. He's actually a smart cookie, able to deal with Stannis diplomatically, gets a loan for the NW and ships for Hardhome out of Tycho Nestoris of the Iron Bank to secure food, manages to acquire 100 child hostages of the wildlings as part of the terms to allow them through, and have them surrender all their valuables to pay the Iron Bank or buy food with, deals with Selyse as well as wildling "princess" Val who fetches Tormund and his followers for him beyond the Wall, and almost all clan leaders who gave him their sons as hostage may not bend the knee to him, but vouch themselves to him in person, despite the fact they all know he was only pretending to be a wildling and remained a crow, and he arranges a marriage between runaway Alys Karstark and the Magnar of Thenn, creating a new united future Karstark House. Real Jon's issue is that he sent those whom he could trust to be on his side away to man other castles, while underestimating the danger the stubborn biggots within castle black pose to him. But hey, Caesar got caesared too, after all.

show-Jon is a rather dumbed down version who is at most a two-dimensional character, rather than a 3d one. So, I would have to agree with @MinscS2 that the "real" Jon would choose his timing in such a scenario far more carefully - fire wight or no fire wight - at the very least.

11 hours ago, Kajjo said:

This. He didn't just come to Dany and say, "Hey do you know who my real daddy is? Guess that means I'm the King. Don't wake the dragon..."

10 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Actually the "real" jon that @MinscS2 seem to refer to would be book Jon. He's actually a smart cookie, able to deal with Stannis diplomatically, gets a loan for the NW and ships for Hardhome out of Tycho Nestoris of the Iron Bank to secure food, manages to acquire 100 child hostages of the wildlings as part of the terms to allow them through, and have them surrender all their valuables to pay the Iron Bank or buy food with, deals with Selyse as well as wildling "princess" Val who fetches Tormund and his followers for him beyond the Wall, and almost all clan leaders who gave him their sons as hostage may not bend the knee to him, but vouch themselves to him in person, despite the fact they all know he was only pretending to be a wildling and remained a crow, and he arranges a marriage between runaway Alys Karstark and the Magnar of Thenn, creating a new united future Karstark House. Real Jon's issue is that he sent those whom he could trust to be on his side away to man other castles, while underestimating the danger the stubborn biggots within castle black pose to him. But hey, Caesar got caesared too, after all.

show-Jon is a rather dumbed down version who is at most a two-dimensional character, rather than a 3d one. So, I would have to agree with @MinscS2 that the "real" Jon would choose his timing in such a scenario far more carefully - fire wight or no fire wight - at the very least.

how old is book jon?

Hmm, the bittersweet ending that was promised by GRRM, will probably be that the child born to be king, but never wanted to be king, will become a king and live unhappily ever after.

The TV version might even have J&D married, and they rule the 7 kingdoms together for a short while.
So instead of the North having appointed Jon as King in the North, they were actually the first of the bloody seven kingdoms (Copyright S. Tarly) to acknowledge his claim (without them even knowing it).

So in the final episode, which could be some 9 months after epic-boat-sex, Jonaerys is born, and Dany dies. Making sure that Jon will be forever sulking on the Iron Throne, a throne that he did not want, but was forced onto, losing the women he loved.

In the meantime, Sansa will become Warden of the North, and while she remains critical of Jons actions, the North will stand by the King.

[/bullshit]

16 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Show Jon is definitely dumb and he fails upward at everything. But he wasn't always so flat. That came after his fake death, in my opinion. When he was most interesting, he was the bastard looking to prove himself in love with the enemy trying to do his duty and looking up to the man he has to go on a suicide mission to take out. 

Okay, so it wasn't Shakespeare. But he wasn't a cardboard cutout. 

23 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Hmm, the bittersweet ending that was promised by GRRM, will probably be that the child born to be king, but never wanted to be king, will become a king and live unhappily ever after.

The TV version might even have J&D married, and they rule the 7 kingdoms together for a short while.
So instead of the North having appointed Jon as King in the North, they were actually the first of the bloody seven kingdoms (Copyright S. Tarly) to acknowledge his claim (without them even knowing it).

So in the final episode, which could be some 9 months after epic-boat-sex, Jonaerys is born, and Dany dies. Making sure that Jon will be forever sulking on the Iron Throne, a throne that he did not want, but was forced onto, losing the women he loved.

In the meantime, Sansa will become Warden of the North, and while she remains critical of Jons actions, the North will stand by the King.

[/bullshit]

Where's Tyrion?

See, I think Danny will die first, maybe in childbirth but that might take too long. Jon will die in battle sacrificing for whatever and Davos will kill the Red Witch before she can revive him. (Ha-ha, just kidding.) 

Anyway, for whatever reason I think Tyrion will end up in power. Because the show loves him. 

5 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Next to Sansa, where he belongs :lol:.
He doesn't like the cold north, so his bittersweet ending is that he will be with one of the most beautiful women in entire Westeros, but freezing his balls of in Winterfell.

That would be more uncomfortable for viewers than for Tyrion. And I hope she never figures out that he strangled her impertinent but loving chambermaid to death. 

3 minutes ago, darmody said:

That would be more uncomfortable for viewers than for Tyrion. And I hope she never figures out that he strangled her impertinent but loving chambermaid to death. 

You mean the girl he used to love, and who he thought also loved him, but instead betrayed him, lied about him in court, and afterwards banged the hypocritical man, who explicitly forbade Tyrion to bring a whore to kingslanding. 

9 hours ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

You mean the girl he used to love, and who he thought also loved him, but instead betrayed him, lied about him in court, and afterwards banged the hypocritical man, who explicitly forbade Tyrion to bring a whore to kingslanding. 

The very same. But Sansa liked her. 

10 hours ago, darmody said:

Show Jon is definitely dumb and he fails upward at everything. But he wasn't always so flat. That came after his fake death, in my opinion. When he was most interesting, he was the bastard looking to prove himself in love with the enemy trying to do his duty and looking up to the man he has to go on a suicide mission to take out. 

Which Jon is best?  I liked him best with the FreeFolk and Mance.  He seemed comfortable with them and understood their decisions.  And of course Ygritte.  So Castle Black Jon was best.  Then he died.

It really doesn't matter when he told her. Jon trapped her there so she couldn't leave with her armies, the battle was about to start. She could of course fly off on her dragon but he has one now too. He did not expect her first reaction to be about the throne. 

I think Jon manipulated her to get her there. Characters who are resurrected in GoT will always be greyer/darker. 

2 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

It really doesn't matter when he told her. Jon trapped her there so she couldn't leave with her armies, the battle was about to start. She could of course fly off on her dragon but he has one now too. He did not expect her first reaction to be about the throne. 

I think Jon manipulated her to get her there. Characters who are resurrected in GoT will always be greyer/darker. 

Jon went to the south with the objective of getting dragonglass. He ended up with dragonglass, her armies and dragonass. He definitely manipulated her. He knew the northern lords were a holes so he gave her that responsibility too. :P

Archived