Undead Viserion

What is the blue stuff coming out of his mouth? Since he took down the Wall with it, are we to asssume it is fire? But, I thought fire destroyed wights. And if he is alive from ice magic, why would he have fire? And if it’s ice, how could he use it to take out the wall which is made out of ice? Somebody clear this up, please.

4 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

It's blue fire. We already have yellow, red, orange and even green fire on this show.

If nothing else - it's magic.

If it’s fire, then can he destroy the wights if somehow controlled by Dany or Jon? And if it’s fire, how can he breathe it if he is a wight? Shouldn’t it destroy him from within?

2 minutes ago, Greenmonsterff said:

If it’s fire, then can he destroy the wights if somehow controlled by Dany or Jon? And if it’s fire, how can he breathe it if he is a wight? Shouldn’t it destroy him from within?

It's magic after all. Yes, a wight dragon is a peculiar entity.

26 minutes ago, Greenmonsterff said:

I doubt he would be able to be controlled by Dany or Jon.  Since he is a wight, and wights are controlled completely by the WW/NK, I think he can only be controlled by the NK.  As far as it not destroying him from within - 1) the showrunners don't want it to and it "looks cool" and serves the story lol and 2) fire would destroy the men the other wights once were, anyway.  Since Viserion was a magical creature to begin with, who was built to withstand his own fire, maybe that is one reason he can withstand his own fire now.  We don't have an example of any other magical wights really.  So Viserion might just be a special case because he was also very special in life. 

I think that the blue fire is simply a different, "undead" type of fire. Or it is not some kind of fire but rather an "undead" energy that looks like fire. That's why it doesn't kill the dragon from the inside and I suppose that it doesn't kill other wights either.

Seems like a minor gripe at this point, but I was a little put off by Viserion taking a javelin right to the fire plumbing, literally spilling pre-fire goo as he fell from the sky...then bouncing right back to breathe whatever it is he breathes to destroy the wall. One would think that needs to be a closed system from a hydraulics standpoint.

I get that it has to be this way because it all looked cool, but spiking him through the eye leaves you more options going forward. Did the NK stitch him up? Rich platelet injections? Magic TIG welding crew (see: chains)?

Archived