Mysterious Missandei

Deminelle

Theory about Missandei says she might be one of the Faceless Men. 

Davos found her a bit suspicious, when he couldn't pin down her accent. I'd trust Davos instincts. 

They've shown quite little of her in these two episodes. Her talking to Greyworm foreshadows something murky might be going on. They were making plans for the future and it's not with Daenerys. 

I don't see them surviving though, so maybe their scene was just for farewells to these characters.

22 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

I don't see them surviving though, so maybe their scene was just for farewells to these characters.

This pretty much.
Them making plans where essentially the shows way of them saying "I two days till retirement".
I expect either or both of them to die next episode.

Can't really say I'll miss them. 
They've barely tertiary characters and have taken up way too much screen time as it is.

Missandei being a FM sounds like a crackpot theory and would come out of the blue. 

Davos found her a bit suspicious, when he couldn't pin down her accent. I'd trust Davos instincts.

That's because he's never been to Naath, he says so himself.
Missandei has claimed she's from Naath since she first met Daenerys. There's nothing suspicious about it.

The poor thing can call for help in 19 languages! Plus, if Westeros gets smashed to smithereens, and the battered remnant flees to the Summer Islands or something, she'd be handy to have around. Help them whitefellas (the ungrateful bastids :) ) make a good impression on the locals and all that.

Still, that touching scene she had with Grey Worm about what they'll do when it's all over? Suggests that either or both of them will be goners in short order.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:55 PM, MinscS2 said:

That's because he's never been to Naath, he says so himself.
Missandei has claimed she's from Naath since she first met Daenerys. There's nothing suspicious about it.

Agreed. This is completely harmless.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:33 PM, Deminelle said:

Theory about Missandei says she might be one of the Faceless Men. 

Absolutely no clues to that, yet. No, this is a crackpot theory.

5 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Absolutely no clues to that, yet. No, this is a crackpot theory.

Agreed. I think she's still just a girl. Dealing with feelings for GreyWorm while they're all about to get killed. Only recently has she been able to dream of anything, held by the vow to help her queen-- but now she can see maybe a later on. Dany is maybe just a chapter in her own book of life she never thought she'd have. She's right about Dany giving her a ship and best wishes. She's Danys best friend, so she'd do anything to see her happy.

From what I remember of the faceless Missandei theory, it is mostly a book theory to explain why a twelve year old girl would have all the skills that she possessed.  The show however aged her up and focused solely on her being a translator so it doesn't require that theory.  Thus even if she is revealed to be a faceless man in the books, the show wouldn't need to do that.  Especially since her being a faceless man would most likely just have her spying on Dany and not actually being an assassin.

Considering Missandei's completely fine with taking 8,000 oblivious foreigners to Naath where they will be brutally killed by butterfly fever, I don't find this theory very hard to believe. You know what, I'm on the missassin train now. Missandei was sent to Astapor to assassinate the Unsullied.

38 minutes ago, Potsk said:

Considering Missandei's completely fine with taking 8,000 oblivious foreigners to Naath

Where did she say that? Grey Worm can accompany her alone or with some soldiers, no need to transfer all of the Unsullied.

Anyway, many have dies and very many will die. 

I believe Grey Worm was more thinking about him and Missandei and not about an exodus with the entire army.

1 minute ago, Kajjo said:

Where did she say that? Grey Worm can accompany her alone or with some soldiers, no need to transfer all of the Unsullied.

Anyway, many have dies and very many will die. 

I believe Grey Worm was more thinking about him and Missandei and not about an exodus with the entire army.

It was implied by Grey Worm that he would bring all of the unsullied with him to protect the Naathi after the war.
("My people are not peaceful, we will protect you".)

Since Missandei didn't mention that all of them (including Grey Worm) will die shortly after arriving on Naath, you can make a crackpot theory about how she's willingly letting them die, should they accompany her to Naath = Missassassin.

With that said, the show has never really mentioned Butterfly Fever, so maybe it doesn't exist in the show.
Most likely doesn't matter either way, since either or both of Greyworm and Missandei will die next episode, so @Potsk probably just did a Missassassin-joke at their expense. 

5 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

It was implied by Grey Worm that he would bring all of the unsullied with him to protect the Naathi after the war.
("My people are not peaceful, we will protect you".)

He did not mean to bring all. I understand this as "him and her". 

2 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Most likely doesn't matter either way, since either or both of Greyworm and Missandei will die next episode

Well, if Grey Worm dies, mission accomplished right?

Longest FM mission ever.  Train an assassin to learn 19 languages, send her to get picked up by Dany to kill who exactly? She has been with the group a few years now and has killed no one, not a very efficient FM. Theory only exists because the books only come out once a decade and everyone gets bored.

I had a couple of different thoughts on Missandei this season:

1) I really wish they had scenes with her and another female character - maybe she will have one in the crypts this episode.

2) Last season, Jon asked her what Dany would do if Missandei wanted to leave.  Episode 2, Greyworm asks if she wants to leave, and they make plans.  Is this the "making plans ensures you don't live to see those plans" plot, or a "is Dany really going to let you go like you think" plot?

3) With her languages, and the fact that Westeros is about to get further decimated by war with AOTD and for the Iron Throne, she could be very useful for helping to translate and set up trade contracts/diplomacy with other nations in Essos - I would love final ruler of 7 K to give her an official position in her own right, as Master of Trade, or Foreign Relations, etc, so she has a position/title/merit on her own.

44 minutes ago, willowbark said:

2) Last season, Jon asked her what Dany would do if Missandei wanted to leave.  Episode 2, Greyworm asks if she wants to leave, and they make plans.  Is this the "making plans ensures you don't live to see those plans" plot, or a "is Dany really going to let you go like you think" plot?

I like this idea. If you add in the fact that Sam questioned whether Dany would give up her crown for her people like Jon did, I can see it being a Dany turns dictator. Though, truth be told, I think its really just a foreshadow that Greyworm is going to die.

On a side note: I'm surprised that two people that seem so loyal to Dany would make plans to leave her.

5 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

On a side note: I'm surprised that two people that seem so loyal to Dany would make plans to leave her.

After they've ensured she's queen and "have no more enemies" mind you. 
Don't think too hard about it, there's no agenda about disloyalty here, it's just the writers clearly setting up the stage for either or both of them dying next episode.

Archived