Cersei Jr

IDK. A silly twist for the story, imo, the whole pregnancy regardless what the prophecies say. I don't see the point.

If it's fake news, only Tyrion and Jaime have been fooled, and for what reason?

If it's true, again what's the point for her to deliver any more babies?

I was expecting a Sansa-thread when I read the title. :P

I don't think Cersei is pregnant; either it's good 'ol menopause, or it was a ruse to trick Tyrion and manipulate Jamie. 
She looked genuinely upset when Euron told her he was gonna put a baby in her belly.

In the off chance that she is, she'll most likely die before giving birth to it.

53 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

I don't think Cersei is pregnant; either it's good 'ol menopause, or it was a ruse to trick Tyrion and manipulate Jamie. 
She looked genuinely upset when Euron told her he was gonna put a baby in her belly.

In the off chance that she is, she'll most likely die before giving birth to it.

i agree, i think its moot as hopefully someone will choke the life out of her before she gives birth anyway

I think she is likely pregnant, but remember the prophecy, she only has three children.

Cersei knows this and so has likely come to the conclusion that she will either have a miscarriage or die before she gives birth.  So for her this knowledge will just make her more ruthless and less likely to care about self preservation.  I think she has gotten to the point where she assumes she is going to die soon and so she just wants to be the last one left alive.  That's why she doesn't care about the threat of the white walkers, she is going to die regardless.

You guys have pretty much covered my theory, in pieces. I think she thought, sincerely thought, she was pregnant. I think she had an inconsistency with her cycle, (probably age, but also stress) and she got her hopes up. Then figured... Why not? Psycho Cersei kicked in and thought that would work in her favor . She didn't expect Jaime to grow a pair and leave. So sticking with her story could have been possible- just get pregnant again. That's why she's so upset about Euron. She's gotten good at only having the babies she wants though. 

9 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Seemed appropriate :)I figure without Jaime and Tyrion there to love the kid this one (we all seem to agree it's not real) would be a true Cersei creation. Spilling her crazy manipulative hatred into it from the very beginning. 

I believe she thought she was. Whether she still thinks she is, I am trying to figure it out. She didn't actually drink that wine, if you watch closely. Or she took a very, very small sip, which implies to me she still thinks she's pregnant. And maybe she thinks she can break the prophecy. If she still thinks she's pregnant, then why the disturbed look at Euron's comment? Worried that an heir is what he really wants from her and she'll lose an ally if he finds out she's already pregnant with Jaime's child?

If she is no longer pregnant, then her reaction to Euron's comment is easy enough to understand.

I really think we should stop basing Cersei's potential pregnancy on her wine-drinking habits.

1) The negative effects off drinking large amounts of alcohol is hardly common knowledge, if knowledge at all in Westeros. Heck, it wasn't even until the early 80's that it became a public health recommendation for pregnant women to abstain from alcohol. 
2) Cersei in her current state wouldn't give a damn even if she knew.

If for some reason, D&D really intended for her wine drinking habits to be a clue, then that says more about them and their lack of understanding of the world they've been working with for the last 8 years...

21 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

If for some reason, D&D really intended for her wine drinking habits to be a clue, then that says more about them and their lack of understanding of the world they've been working with for the last 8 years...

Would that be such a surprise?  ;)  I have no idea what they are supposed to know about pregnancy in Westeros. They couldn't have made a FrankenGregor in medieval Europe. :P

6 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

I really think we should stop basing Cersei's potential pregnancy on her wine-drinking habits.

Well, D&D planted that idea in the Tyrion/Cersei scene after the dragon pit demonstration. They surely did this intentionally. Now they show her drinking wine ... we are supposed to at least wonder about it. I agree that this does not tell us anything conclusive about a possible pregnancy, but it should make us wonder whether she lost the child, whether she doesn't care at all anymore or whatever.

6 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

The negative effects off drinking large amounts of alcohol is hardly common knowledge, if knowledge at all in Westeros. Heck, it wasn't even until the early 80's that it became a public health recommendation for pregnant women to abstain from alcohol. 

This is not really relevant. The point is, they might know about it or not. Both is possible. 

7 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Cersei in her current state wouldn't give a damn even if she knew.

We don't know that for sure, but yes, that could be a point DD want to demonstrate.

Who knows? At first I thought she was pregnant. Now I'm not so sure about it. But I interpreted her look after that little prince comment by Euron as that she will try to convince Euron that the baby is his to ensure his loyalty, so I suppose I'll stick to belief that she is pregnant.

3 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Who knows? At first I thought she was pregnant. Now I'm not so sure about it. But I interpreted her look after that little prince comment by Euron as that she will try to convince Euron that the baby is his to ensure his loyalty, so I suppose I'll stick to belief that she is pregnant.

However, if she for some reason now knows she's unable to bear children, she could pretend for a while to keep Euron interested in her. 

26 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

However, if she for some reason now knows she's unable to bear children, she could pretend for a while to keep Euron interested in her. 

That could be it too. As I said, who knows. This whole "Cersei is pregnant" story reminds me of "Sansa, Arya and Littlefinger at Winterfell in Season 7" - no one really knows what the hell is going on and everyone is trying to make logical jumps and leaps to make some sense of it.

Archived