Gendry's cloak on Arya

In the scene where Pod sings and we see Arya being awake while Gendry is sleeping beside her, Arya is covered with Gendy's cloak. When he enters the stables he is wearing a cloak, and Arya isn't, so it has to be his. Now, we know that in Westerosi culture, the groom covers the bride with a cloak in the wedding ceremony, so I thought this might be some foreshadowing for a possible Baratheon Stark wedding coming up?

I don't think with only 4 episodes left and a lot of much more important stuff needing to happen that we're going to see any weddings. Esp not Arya. She's got a long way to go to become normal enough for marriage. But I'm hoping that if they both survive to the end they will clearly be in the beginning of a romantic relationship.

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

An Arya-Gendry wedding is sooooo incredibly low-prio on the list of things that the show has to chew trough in the few remaining episodes that I very much doubt it will happen.

This.

The only wedding that is high priority as far as I'm concerned is the wedding between Daenerys and AeJon. A wedding that, logically and narratively speaking if we had good showrunners, should have happened in either this episode or the first.

Or, it could end with it. Sadly, I feel that Arya's fate's been totally foreshadowed. The Jon quote, something like, "Finding you frozen with "needle"...Her "ending" will probably be ambiguous...Lest not us forget though, "ice preserves"...While we dream of Spring.....;)

I think it would be great for a Stark-Baratheon wedding, if there's time, because it would be a kind of, I don't know, healing from the past. Robert loved Lyanna, but she didn't love him, and the realm bled for it. But his son and her niece do love each other, and can sort of fulfill that promise that was made between Robert and Lyanna's father. 

But, uh, Gendry is totally dying tonight.

I mean, it's a good point about the cloak, but I think it's more symbolic of their union. They aren't getting married, unless they run to the godswood and say their words super quickly before the battle begins, which I don't see. 

Archived