Pity Thread For Those Who Can't See Endgame Yet...

Jaxom 1974

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Luckily there are two full threads of spoiler commentary for you to peruse as well as the MCU general thread.  :lol: 

I'd skip all the gender discussions though.  :lol: 

Getting ready to dive into those threads...thanks for the tip!

Only reason I haven't seen it yet is because my friend who likes all the same movies I do and we go together, she has a pinched nerve in her neck, been waiting for her to get better.

I'd been doing really good not to get spoilered so far. Last year I got spoiled on Infinity War because I went to post a comment on YouTube on a video that had absolutely nothing to do with MCU movies and right there were all the spoilers.

Anyhow, tonight Bill Maher just gave a huge Endgame spoiler out of nowhere just to be his smug self serving self. 

Asshole.

ETA:
Then I got an earful from my mom in the other room because I shouted "Mother fucker!!!" real loud.

On 5/17/2019 at 11:14 PM, drawkcabi said:

Only reason I haven't seen it yet is because my friend who likes all the same movies I do and we go together, she has a pinched nerve in her neck, been waiting for her to get better.

I'd been doing really good not to get spoilered so far. Last year I got spoiled on Infinity War because I went to post a comment on YouTube on a video that had absolutely nothing to do with MCU movies and right there were all the spoilers.

Anyhow, tonight Bill Maher just gave a huge Endgame spoiler out of nowhere just to be his smug self serving self. 

Asshole.

ETA:
Then I got an earful from my mom in the other room because I shouted "Mother fucker!!!" real loud.

Out of curiosity... what was the spoiler?

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Ah.  Asshole.

Yeah I saw that too.  He's obviously still got a stick up his ass about the whole Stan Lee thing and the internet telling him something that's been manifest to anyone watching him for the past 25 years - that Bill Maher is a huge dick.  He's always been a petty, pathetic little man.  Which is actually why I'll listen to his thoughts on Trump.  Because he knows petty pathetic little men - the latter sued the former over monkey butts.

30 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Yeah, I hadn't seen it yet and am not a big Marvel fan, but when it happened it was obvious to me that it was not a joke and that it was a legit spoiler.  

Pretty sure it's a related thread to Maher hating comic bookish stuff in general.  Like, this is the exact type of movie where he wants to say f u to the fans.  

Completely agree.

He's one of those "How can you care so much about comic book movies when the world is in the shape it's in" people.

Climate change, orange Mussolini as President, shrinking middle class, foreign relations, human rights violations, erosion of civil rights, treatment of immigrants, with all that going on you have no right to be talking about or excited about a comic book movie, they're for children anyway, grow up! Be an adult! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He doesn't entertain the possibility that someone who likes movies like MCU ones, appreciates the contributions of people like Stan Lee and get emotional over his passing can at the same time care about those serious issues. It's not like there are different places to discuss different topics.

The only thing that makes someone an adult is developing a sense of responsibility. Understanding what responsibility means, accepting your own responsibilities and living up to them. That's it.

If before anything else, you make sure the bills you owe get paid, the people who rely on you are taken care of, and you act as a responsible citizen, who cares if you go to comi-cons on weekends, cosplay, play video games, and collect toys? Why is that any different than going to football or baseball games, wearing team jerseys, going out to a local pub, having a bowling night, being a model train enthusiast? Those were all things adults were doing all though the last century.

It's called blowing off steam. Having a hobby. As long as you don't let your hobby override your adult responsibilities, let them be. If we couldn't divert our attention here and there from the crises of the world here and there we'd all fall into deep depressions.

I agree that if you sign a petition to get GOT rewrite their final season while you don't say a peep when the government is stripping away the rights of women, you need to get your damn priorities straight. But otherwise if you are handling the important stuff first, I don't really care what you want to do in your down time.

I don't care that Bill Maher hates comic book movies. He can hate them all he wants. I don't watch his show for that. I'm not hoping he'll change his mind when I watch him. He can like and dislike whatever he wants, just quit it with thinking he's superior because he sees comic books and comic book movies and the other stuff as things for children. He's not superior because his taste in movies differ from others. He's not superior, he's just an asshole.

Sorry for the rant, but his attitude, mostly during the Stan Lee thing, the spoiler thing is kind of a continuation of that, and it pisses me off.

1 minute ago, drawkcabi said:

The only thing that makes someone an adult is developing a sense of responsibility. Understanding what responsibility means, accepting your own responsibilities and living up to them. That's it.

Yeah, not to derail this thread (albeit this thread isn't really about much at this point), but that's exactly what's so galling about his qualms with people that like comic book culture, or anything of the sort.  Ok, so your "responsible" adulthood is self-admittedly getting high and hanging out at the Playboy Mansion.  What an example to live up to you fucking douchebag. 

I do get a bit of his point, that you should move on to better literature as you age, I suppose.  But honestly I don't really read fiction unless extremely prompted.  ASOIAF are the only fiction books I've read as an adult, so the past 16 years, that weren't required reading (took a really cool Dystopian class in undergrad and read a lot of interesting books).  So what is he really whining about?  The comic book movies are successful?  As opposed to the Dickensian depth of previous summer/action big budget movies?  STFU Maher.

Archived