Who will and Die and who will live?

Well it's finally here, the battle for Winterfell is upon us. I want to guess at who's gonna survive. This might have some spoilers from the book, so be wary. The previous episode had a ton of character interactions we've been looking forward to seeing and some not so much, but the substance of the episode was the foreshadow of impending doom for some of our favorite characters. Lets just get into

Death list:

1. Greyworm or Missandei
  2. Beric Dondarrion
  3. Yohn Royce
  4. Lyanna. Mormont
  5. Theon Greyjoy
  6. Tormund Giantsbane

Greyworm or Missandei will likely die because of his conversation with Missandei seem too much like a foreshadow of one of them dying. Missandei is unlikely because she will be in the crypts.  Since Greyworm will be on the front lines, my money is on him. I mean come on who talks about a vacation in this show lol.

Beric Dondarrion will die because he is the worst fighter in the series. Think about it, mostly all fighter in the show has come close to dying during a fight many times but Beric has actually died multiple times (7 times). With Thoros dead, this looks like the end of him. My guess is his final scene will be him saving a Key Character (Jon) while holding off the enemy with his flaming sword while they make a hasty retreat. Jon will say come with him, Beric will reject his offer saying this is what the Lord of Light brought him back for.

Yohn Royce: You are probably saying to yourself, who? Yohn Royce is the guy from the Eyrie who has become more or less Sansa's lackey. In the books he has more of a spine than in the show.

Spoiler

In the books he beat Thoros in the melee during Joffery's Name Day Tourney, and he wears a Bronze Armor said to be centuries old with runic symbols hence the name Bronze Yohn Royce.

Sadly none of this makes it in the show and he's is a annoying coward so I want him to die lol.

Lyanna Mormont: I hope I am wrong about this one but her conversation with Jorah made me think she was going to die. I mean lets be real she maybe the toughest of all the Northern Lords, but a fighter NO. Someone better knock her out and whisk her away before she gets killed. Don't get me wrong, I love her take-downs of everyone who's stood in front of her but we've never seen her fight, nor has it been enough time for her to learn.

Theon Greyjoy: Theon has had one of the most transformative arcs on the show. He when from a dutiful companion of the House Stark, to traitor, captive, fugitive, coward, and savior. Now he's trying to save what he can of his name by guarding Bran. It's likely he will give his life doing this.

Tormund Giantsbane: Tormund has come close to death in almost every major battle. The battle for the Castle Black, in the end he's surrounded by the Night's Watch only to be sparred by Jon. The Battle of Hardhome, the Battle of the Bastards he's nearly beaten to death by Smalljon Umber before going animal on him by biting his neck. The Frozen Lake Battle he's nearly dragged into the water by wights while screaming "Help!". Even Edd nearly killed him at The Last Hearth lol.

Survivors:
Everyone else lol. No seriously, main characters to survive includes

1. Jon Snow (Aegon Targaryan)
  2. Danaerys Targaryan
  3. Arya Stark
  4. Brandon Stark (3 eyed raven)
  5. Gendry
  6. Davos Seaworth
  7. Samwell Tarly
  8. Dolorous Edd
  9. Jorah Mormont
  10. Sandor Clegane
  11. Tormund Giantsbane
  12. Brienne of Tarth
  13. Podric Payne
  14. Jamie Lannister
  15. Tyrion Lannister

Yeah I know, I picked more people to survive than die, so what I can't part with them so don't judge me lol.

So members of House Stark, Targaryan, Lannister, are likely to survive based on theories for future events. So let's eliminate them for now.

Gendry and Davos, I picked to survive because after all of wars have ended, I believe Gendry will become the new Stormlord with Davos as his advisor. Ever since Stannis died, there hasn't been a mention of the Stormland nor who's in charge of Storm's end. Davos will survive because of as he said "I'm not much of a fighter. Apologies for what you are to see". Oh, I want to see him get his Mutton lol.

Sam has to survive. Sam hasn't showed much courage in the show as in the books.

Spoiler

In the books, as time goes by, Sam slowly becomes much more braver. While in route to Oldtown, Sam, Gilly, and Maester Aemon are stuck in Bravos. When tries to get help from his Night Watch brother Dareon, he beats the crap out of him for abandoning the group and the watch.

In the show the closest he's come to this was when Pyp didn't want to open the door for Gilly. Which brings me to my point, Gilly and little Sam will be in danger when "Sam the Slayer" will show up lol.

Edd will survive for the simple reason, he's the de facto leader of the the Dwindling Nights Watch, and because in S08E01 when his group came across Tormund and company he said "he's got blue eyes" lol. Edd will not get confused by the enemy, he knows what color their eyes are suppose to be.

Tormund: I know I already said he will die, what do you want Sue me! I'm saying he will survive and that's, that! He will survive because the fans love him, myself included. Every scene with him has been gold. I'll prove it.

Edd: Stand back, he's got blue eyes!
Tormund: I've always had blue eyes!
Golden lol.

Or how about this scene

Brienne: women can't be knights
Tormund: why not
Brienne: it's tradition
Tormund: Fuck tradition
Me: :laugh:

Come on Tormund we need you to survive.

Jorah will wield Heartsbane and kill someone major wights and White Walkers. Also, since I said Lyanna will likely die he will succeed her as head of house Mormont.

Sandor has to survive for the simple reason that we haven't seen Cleganebowl. Also I've been pushing the Theory he's Azor Ahai. I'll post another thread on that later.

Tyrion because the story is as much his as Jon or Dany, and who doesn't love the lecherous, drunken dwarf at this point.

Jamie must survive because of the Valonqar Theory, and he has to get with Brienne. Sorry Tormund lol

Brienne survives for the same reason as previously stated. Her and Jamie has to happen.

Spoiler

Also if you read the books, it is all but confirmed (albeit GRRM said so in a article) she's a descendant of Sir Ducan the Tall. In the Novellas Dunk travels through out Westeros with the Future King no less in tow as his squire.

Which brings me to my next point, Podric will survive because he is Brienne's faithful squire. He'll probably save her like he did Tyrion during the Battle of Blackwater. During the Fight, Brienne will be down by an attack from a White Walker when Podric Attack from behind, giving her enough time to regain her sword and kill the White Walker.

Spoiler

Instead of Dunk & Egg it's Brienne & Pod

Let me know what you think

Spoiler

I had a list of 10 characters who I thought would die (ok, some of them might have been a bit of a stretch but I thought D&D would play more into the shock value by killing someone like Gilly for instance).

So I got 4/10... I guess I was expecting the worst lol. I was very confident about Jorah, Theon, Beric and Edd. Everything about their story arcs just pointed that way. Gotta cut out the dead weight...

I was so sure that Brienne or Grey Worm wouldn't make it. Was also super afraid for Davos but that bastard is lucky.

Ok but honestly, I think one of the most surprising deaths to me was the NK. It kind of came... well, as a surprise. I was quite positive they wouldn't be able to beat him this episode.

3 minutes ago, U. B. Cool said:
  Hide contents

It's disappointing when a Stark doesn't die.  C'mon, Jon and Sansa should have died.  The show is too soft on the Starks.  At least Ghost should have died.

lol.....yea. Soft on the Starks. Just ask Ned, Robb, Catlyn & Rickon how soft they are on the Starks!!! As well as Luwin, Ser Rodrick, Old Nan, Hodor, Jory & Septa Mordane, et al the other Stark supporters. 

The one death I feel like (at least) should have happened was Brienne. She had such a brilliant moment last week that for the narrative, it felt like she should have died here. That she didn't makes me feel like they're being a little too fan-servicy. 

Archived