[Spoilers] Episode 803 Discussion

Ran

I found that to be incredibly entertaining and gripping while simultaneously being ultimately disappointed by it.  The Night King went down too easy. 

I will say that I can definitely see the books playing out something like this, with Cercei (and, thus, mankind) being the true big bad.  

3 minutes ago, Pandean said:

I figured TPTWP was about bringing the Dawn/ending the second long Night which I equated with killing the Night King so...

I'm not sure we actually know that. We know a bunch of supposed signs that someone might be TPTWP, but for what that prince is actually supposed to do in any detail? I'm not sure.

Me for the first 30 minutes: literally can't see a thing because the screen is black

Ok that was intense... Not as many major deaths as I'd anticipated but enough to feel a loss. I might have missed something but did Grey Worm and Tormund survive? WHAT ABOUT GHOST?

The moment with Sansa and Tyrion was sweet. Theon's death will leave my heart raw for weeks.

Okay but the ending. Seriously. I didn't want it to end like this. Why on earth Arya? The way she just jumped at him was a bit... idk, Deus Ex Machina? 

Just now, Raksha 2014 said:

Most memorable for poor little Lyanna's killing a zombie giant; and for the Sansa/Tyrion moments.  The rest of it, meh, too dark, too murky, too many zombies, and how did Arya get by the zombies and White Walkers to sucker-stab the Night's King?

Didn't Melisandre help her somehow? Turn her into smoke maybe?

5 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Also was it just me or did anyone else keep taking off their glasses and cleaning them thinking they were blurry.

I just thought my streaming was super bad (also thought about my glasses). It really bothered me at first, combined with all the darkness I felt like an elderly lady squinting at the screen. At some point I just forgot about it...

Just now, Aderyn said:

Okay but the ending. Seriously. I didn't want it to end like this. Why on earth Arya? The way she just jumped at him was a bit... idk, Deus Ex Machina? 

Because the show is all about fan service now. 

JUST THIRTY MINUTES EARLIER The Night King could sense Jon Snow coming up from half a football field away.  Suddenly, he can't sense Arya until she's on him?  And none of the other supernatural creatures could either?  

The show wanted a big applause moment for the end of the battle; Arya is almost universally one of the most darling characters in the show.  That's why they did it.