[Spoilers] Episode 803 Discussion

Ran

Jaime, Pod, Brienne and Sam are dead?

Where is the rant and rave tread?

Who would've thought that the plan: lets put a cripple guy as a bait to the endless army of dead would work.

For the most part i was hoping Bran had some sort of secret plan with the ravens but i guess that was it. Ninja Wolverine comes from nowhere and the 7 seven season war build up is finished.

3 minutes ago, Aderyn said:

Me for the first 30 minutes: literally can't see a thing because the screen is black

Ok that was intense... Not as many major deaths as I'd anticipated but enough to feel a loss. I might have missed something but did Grey Worm and Tormund survive? WHAT ABOUT GHOST?

The moment with Sansa and Tyrion was sweet. Theon's death will leave my heart raw for weeks.

Okay but the ending. Seriously. I didn't want it to end like this. Why on earth Arya? The way she just jumped at him was a bit... idk, Deus Ex Machina

Its funny that I said earlier today in this forum that the ending would probably be some Deus Ex Machina stuff and sure enough. I was really hoping for a battle between Jon and the NK. 

3 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Most memorable for poor little Lyanna's killing a zombie giant; and for the Sansa/Tyrion moments.  The rest of it, meh, too dark, too murky, too many zombies, and how did Arya get by the zombies and White Walkers to sucker-stab the Night's King?

I asked the same question.

Yes, Arya is Azor Ahai/TPTWP. It was subtly confirmed by Melisandre throughout the episode, beside the fact that Arya killed the Night King with a Valyrian steel weapon, thus fulfilling the prophecy. Melisandre knew it the moment she saw Arya on the rampart. She knew it when Beric died saving Arya ("the Lord of Light brought him back for a purpose, that purpose is now fulfilled") and she knew it when she came face to face with Arya- "green eyes, brown eyes, *blue eyes*" (blue eyes referring to NK) was Melisandre telling Arya who she was, immediately afterward Arya went straight for NK. Melisandre killed herself because her purpose (finding and assisting Azor Ahai) was fulfilled, albiet at the last possible moment.

Edited by bran stark overdrive

Ok, two questions:  One

1.  Did Ghost make it?  I am not sure>

2.  Am I the only one that thought Jon was trying tame Undead Viserion at the end there?  LOLOL  The way he sprang up and just YELLED in his face reminded me of Dany taming Drogon in Daznik's Pit? 

Their strategy sounded ridiculous last week. It went even more poorly for them than I expected. But Deus Ex Melisandre showed up to luckily light the way for some of the battle. By the Seven that was hard to watch.

I'm hoping for some kind of Bran explanation these final episodes.

Edited by Astromech

4 minutes ago, joaozinm said:

Jaime, Pod, Brienne and Sam are dead?

For the most part i was hoping Bran had some sort of secret plan with the ravens but i guess that was it. Ninja Wolverine comes from nowhere and the 7 seven season war build up is finished.

I don’t think any of those 4 are dead. We would have seen final shots of their bodies with dramatic music.

agree on the Bran disappointment.

1 minute ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

"What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger."

Pretty much the only death that got to me tonight. Theon went out like a true ironborn.

I think Theon knew he was going to die if he returned to Winterfell; and wanted to do so defending Bran.  At least Bran thanked him before he died; redemption for Theon, if a bit obvious.

4 minutes ago, bran stark overdrive said:

Yes, Arya is Azor Ahai/TPTWP. It was subtly confirmed by Melisandre throughout the episode, beside the fact that Arya killed the Night King with a Valyrian steel weapon, thus fulfilling the prophecy. Melisandre knew it the moment she saw Arya on the rampart. She knew it when Beric died saving Arya ("the Lord of Light brought him back for a purpose, that purpose is now fulfilled") and she knew it when she came face to face with Arya- "green eyes, brown eyes, *blue eyes*" was Melisandre telling Arya who she was, immediately afterward Arya went straight for NK. Melisandre killed herself because her purpose (finding and assisting Azor Ahai) was fulfilled at the last possible moment.

The problem is TPTWP is suppose to be from the Targaryen line in the books. So I guess the show just changed everything

1 minute ago, Astromech said:

Their strategy sounded ridiculous last week. It went even more poorly for them than I expected. But Deus Ex Melisandre showed up to luckily light the way for some of the battle. By the Seven that was hard to watch.

When I saw the actor's name in the opening credits, I rolled my eyes for the first time. I thought either she's gonna bring some wild card Fire Army with her or then do her fiery tricks. And sacrifice her one way or another. (But didn't anticipate the return of Grannysandre..)