[Spoilers] Episode 803 Discussion

Ran

I think I saw Jaime, Brienne, and Pod standing and watching the dead fall down after the Night King's death.  I think they lived. 

Also, it's interesting that Lyanna Mormont's heroic fight with the zombie giant was so similar to Arya's fight with the Night King. Except of course Arya lived.

I’m surprisingly ok that Arya is the one that killed the NK. 

You'll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.

I really am overall disappointed the NK died in episode 3. Really poor pacing. 

Edited by unJon

4 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

The problem is TPTWP is suppose to be from the Targaryen line in the books. So I guess the show just changed everything

I don't remember that. I think we see people assume TPTWP would be a Targ because they are the royal house (but of course when the north declares independence the Starks become a royal house). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Just now, unJon said:

I’m surprisingly on that Arya is the one that killed the NK. 

So the next three episodes will be Dany fighting Cersei's 20,000 Golden Company

3 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

The problem is TPTWP is suppose to be from the Targaryen line in the books. So I guess the show just changed everything

The way they were talking in the behind the scenes thing right after the show gave me the impression that what happened in this episode was mostly decisions they made for themselves.  Like there was one line that went something like, "we've known for about three seasons that Arya was going to do this", and don't make any reference to the books or George.  As opposed to the "hold the door" one I saw, where they talked about how mindblowing it was when George told them about Hodor's fate.

4 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I think Theon knew he was going to die if he returned to Winterfell; and wanted to do so defending Bran.  At least Bran thanked him before he died; redemption for Theon, if a bit obvious.

I figured as much. I was afraid of being right, and right I was.

Would of loved to see a rematch between him and Euron but hey can't get everything I suppose.

4 minutes ago, unJon said:

I’m surprisingly ok that Arya is the one that killed the NK. 

I'm glad they wrapped that part up early. Even though we still know nothing about the Night King's back story, the zombie apocalypse storyline has been done to death in general. I wouldn't want that to define this show's ending.

Edited by makchamp