[Spoilers] Episode 803 Discussion

Ran

2 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

1- how the f is Arya the prince that was promised, or AzorAhai

2- Beric's great mission was to save Arya lol

3- every major character is still alive and most secondary are too

4- they will all just die vs Euron

5- Dany and Jon did nothing relevant the entire battle

6- what the hell was Bran doing all that time. I was expecting Dragon or Theon warging or something

7- I laughed at many moments that were not supposed to. 

1 - People have predicted Arya before (going back years before the show) but I always thought it a stretch.  Hopefully we'll get an explanation.  Maybe everyone has been reading the prophecy wrong and the Last Hero come again wasn't for a battle against the others.......

3 - The only true major characters in the books/show are Bran, Arya, Sansa, Jon and Tyrion.  I'm not expecting to see any of them die before E6.

1 minute ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Bran was just sitting around being significant and warging some crows to see battle progress but tell no one about it.

If something similar to this happens, Bran will likely be in the weirwood net or having a green fever dream where he's seeing a lot of interesting stuff in the past or elsewhere in the present happen.

But because the showrunners are trash at plotting, they failed to follow through and develop these powers so that Bran would have something to do other than just sit there.

13 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

So was gaining the help of Dany and her forces worth it? How helpful were her forces?

This might be a source of debate in the next episode of Sansa vs. Dany.

Regarding the battle, I am no military tactician but...shouldn’t they have used the trebuchets before the Dothraki rode out? Or shouldn’t they have started with dragons burning all the wights? The dragons didn’t start spewing fire until the wights were mixed with the people so some good guys probably got burned.  Also, the moment Dany found out that Jon could ride Rhaegal, shouldn’t she have tried to teach him how to dracarys? Might have made Jon more useful in the battle 

8 minutes ago, makchamp said:

You're assuming GRRM doesn't change his mind by the time he writes his last book (if ever).

GRRM has said he won't change the endings for the major characters.  But I lost faith in taking GRRM at his word years ago.  If the ending isn't well received, he'll actively try and change it.  Which will delay him further and be another reason why we'll never get the books.

But one thing I did like was how they took the "maid slays a giant in a castle of snow" prophecy from A Storm of Swords and give it to Lady Mormont.

I did expect more out of Sansa this episode. Sansa in the crypts was supposed to be an inverse of Cersei in Maegor's Holdfast during the Blackwater.

11 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

No way D&D changed that from what GRRM told them.  Too big a plot point for a major character.

If NK doesn't exist in books, then there would't be a single person to kill the NK.  MAybe in books, AOTD is settled differently.  They have already said that there are some changes from book/show, while major points are still the same, and they won't tell us what those changes are. 

Or, if Rhaegar hadn't stolen Lyanna, then Brandon would marry Catelyn Tully, and Arya would not be born.  So maybe it's that.

Just now, willowbark said:

If NK doesn't exist in books, then there would't be a single person to kill the NK.  MAybe in books, AOTD is settled differently.  They have already said that there are some changes from book/show, while major points are still the same, and they won't tell us what those changes are. 

Or, if Rhaegar hadn't stolen Lyanna, then Brandon would marry Catelyn Tully, and Arya would not be born.  So maybe it's that.

There is the Great Other.