[Spoilers] Episode 803 Discussion

Ran

2 minutes ago, Chloe.a.thomson said:

So now where does this all leave Danys vision from The House of The Undying?

KL throne room destroyed? Snow falling in?

The aftermath of a siege?

Snow on the throne... kindof like Mel always seeing Snow whenever she asks for visions of Azor Ahai. She can't have babies. Jon's a fire-wight. So, it's up to a relative of him to provide for an heir. Guess there will be Kings of Winter on the IT after all in the future?

Edited by sweetsunray

At least Sansa doesn't have to be worried about the food supply and all those mouths to feed anymore. They're probably lucky to have 30% of the mouths they had at the start of the episode. ;)

Although Dany's either going to have to rally more troops from the other lords of Westeros, use her dragons or rely on Ninja/Assassin/Faceless badass Arya to infiltrate Kings Landing and slit Cersei's throat.

1 minute ago, TigerA said:

At least Sansa doesn't have to be worried about the food supply and all those mouths to feed anymore. They're probably lucky to have 30% of the mouths they had at the start of the episode. ;)

Although Dany's either going to have to rally more troops from the other lords of Westeros, use her dragons or rely on Ninja/Assassin/Faceless badass Arya to infiltrate Kings Landing and slit Cersei's throat.

Judging by the preview there are more people living than the episode would lead us to think, also I'm confident that Yara will have a whole big army to give Dany. 

55 minutes ago, Darkschaar said:

“Meaningless”. The wildlings, nights watch, Umbers, Mormonts, the Dothraki and maybe more I’m neglecting basically no longer exist thanks in part to their advance on the seven kingdoms. That is cataclysmic. 

Eight thousand years of planning and the Night King was able to reach only Winterfell? White Walkers first appeared in the prologue of the first season. They were implied as the most important threat to the world for seven seasons... and they could hold out only three episodes after the fall of the Wall. Three episodes after 7 years! And now the main evil is Cersei again. It is as useless as possible.

Edited by Ilissa

3 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

What of the Riverlands? What of Riverrun?

Yea. Have Jaime send a raven to have Edmure released and I'm sure the riverlands would join in. Have Yohn Royce do the same to Robin Arryn to muster whatever is left of the strength in the Vale. Also the Manderlys at White Harbor and I'd think our buddy Lord Glover might want to chip in or lose his head for not sending forces to Winterfell. Could also pick up Meera and her father and house Reed on the way south. Maybe have Jon/Daenerys legitimize Gendry as a Baratheon and get support of the remaining forces in the Stormlands as well as making Samwell Lord Tarley, Lord Paramount of the Reach and warden of the South.

2 minutes ago, TigerA said:

Yea. Have Jaime send a raven to have Edmure released and I'm sure the riverlands would join in. Have Yohn Royce do the same to Robin Arryn to muster whatever is left of the strength in the Vale. Also the Manderlys at White Harbor and I'd think our buddy Lord Glover might want to chip in or lose his head for not sending forces to Winterfell. Could also pick up Meera and her father and house Reed on the way south. Maybe have Jon/Daenerys legitimize Gendry as a Baratheon and get support of the remaining forces in the Stormlands as well as making Samwell Lord Tarley, Lord Paramount of the Reach and warden of the South.

Exactly! At least, that's what should be happening. Along with Yara's fleet and the Ironborn loyal to her.

Edited by of man and wolf

1 minute ago, TigerA said:

Yep. The next two episodes will probably be politics and gathering allies. 

Last episode, battle for the throne.  

I had hoped the NK would go more south and cause ravage there. He'll remain a vague myth for eternity now. I was right that killing him would immediately destroy the rest of the army but the final stab in the gut was rather anti-climactic.

With so many of the main cast alive I expect them to play some kind of role though it could be as small as Melisandre's role which was saying a few lines and advancing the plot.

And so we arrive at the battle for KL (in episode 5 I presume). I still hope that Jaime will kill her sister, that would be very fitting.

The child in me has enjoyed the episode.

The Arya supporter in me has enjoyed the episode

THe Star Wars fan in me has ejoyed the tribute to Rey vs the vilain in the decisive moment

I find the first third part of the episode visually brilliant. The first scene of Arya and the dead inside Winterfell was really terryfying in an unexpected way.

And, yep, some ridiculous moments, specially at the end but my personal decision, as valid as any different one, is to enjoy the good things and walk over most of the deceiving ones. Life becomes better.

Edited by Black Arya

49 minutes ago, Chloe.a.thomson said:

So now where does this all leave Danys vision from The House of The Undying?

KL throne room destroyed? Snow falling in?

The aftermath of a siege?

She is unable to touch the throne because snow is on it. It represents Jon Snow. The vision of the dragon flying over a smoking King's Landing also isn't the Night King as some people kept assuming. Though I've pointed out that particular theory is impossible because there was no blizzard.

Edited by longest night