[Spoilers] Episode 803 Discussion

Ran

9 hours ago, north of the wall said:

Exactly how I'm feeling! My guess is the "same ending as the books" is only referring to who sits on the iron throne at then of ep6? There is 0 foreshadowing of arya being the world's saviour right?

Yeah, the show is call "Game of Thrones" and the book's A Song of Ice and Fire. I think that what is going to be the same is who sit in the iron throne but, the end game will be different. 

I'm not overly impressed. I like Arya but I don't see any reason she would get to kill the Nightking. I suspect its just because pretty much everyone loves Arya and thinks she's really cool rather than for thematic reasons. Jon not being the chosen one kinda brings down Rheagar. There's implication that he desperately sought to fulfill the prophesy of the prince that was promised and that Lyanna might be part of that. But no, he just doomed his dynasty and abandoned his wife and kids because he was feeling horny.

The White walkers are also kinda pathetic, getting defeated in a single episode. Maybe Jon Snow really didn't know anything after all and house Lanister was the true danger all along.

7 hours ago, longest night said:

She is unable to touch the throne because snow is on it. It represents Jon Snow. The vision of the dragon flying over a smoking King's Landing also isn't the Night King as some people kept assuming. Though I've pointed out that particular theory is impossible because there was no blizzard.

She is able to touch the throne, she decides not to because she hears something that gets her to the wall. This was portraied when she arrived in Westerosz started fighting a bit, but left the right for the IT in other to fight against the NK

6 hours ago, longest night said:

I would actually argue it is male, because the oldest record of the prophecy is from Asshai and there's no indication that in their language the word for prince is gender neutral. The High Valyrian version would be a translation itself. Rhaegar seemed to believe it's Aegon the Conqueror reborn, so male in that regard as well.

What language does Asshai speak? I thought it was Valyrian.

And Aegon cannot be reborn into a woman because....?

Edited by AndréaV

I really REALLY wanted to love this episode but it just felt so.....anti-climactic.

Too many people survived.

Bran seemed to serve no purpose.

Jon did next to nothing.

The prophecies seem to have been red herrings. 

The NK was killed FAR too easily. (He's been built up to be this existential threat for 8 years (!) and goes down in ten seconds)

None of the WW's had any action or duels. (What was the point in all these mc's having Valryan steel swords?)

I'm hoping, but not expecting further explanations or a big twist in the coming episode otherwise it feels like a very watered down and unsatisfying end.

6 hours ago, no_one_... said:

When you brought up "her brother "  thought  you were referring to Jon.  Is it her sacrifice  if she had no choice in the matter?  If she sacrificed Jon to kill the NK I would be more inclined to agree.

Ah, I understand know, sorry.

But her whole family was sacrificed one way or another, does it have to be by her choice? I don't know.... Is there another topic on this? So we don't flood the EP topic on the theories and possibilities of how Arya does or doesn't comply with the AA prophecy?

I like how Beric stayed behind to cover Arya's escape (even striking the Jesus Christ Pose to really put it On The Nose) but then caught back up with her group anyway, and before they put the barricade up, so she/Mel could watch him die.

Either of these is fine but PICK ONE, otherwise they undercut each other.

7 hours ago, alienarea said:

When the Night King died, all those he raised died as well.

Jon Snow was raised by Melisandre, and she died. Shouldn't he have died then, too?

Different types of magic though. The ones the NK raised were more dead than alive (meaning no thought of their own, body partially decomposed, etc). The ones Melissandre raised were actually alive again (like Beric and Jon)

16 minutes ago, Daemon of the Blacks said:

I'm not overly impressed. I like Arya but I don't see any reason she would get to kill the Nightking. I suspect its just because pretty much everyone loves Arya and thinks she's really cool rather than for thematic reasons. Jon not being the chosen one kinda brings down Rheagar. There's implication that he desperately sought to fulfill the prophesy of the prince that was promised and that Lyanna might be part of that. But no, he just doomed his dynasty and abandoned his wife and kids because he was feeling horny.

The White walkers are also kinda pathetic, getting defeated in a single episode. Maybe Jon Snow really didn't know anything after all and house Lanister was the true danger all along.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I find that more believable and realistic a motivation than some prophecy.

6 hours ago, Hoo said:

Why was the NK after Bran?  He did a lot of damage and ultimately died to get to him.  That was never explained.

Bran said on the last episode that the NK wanted to kill "all humanity" and that meant killing Bran so not even the memory of humanity is left

27 minutes ago, Daemon of the Blacks said:

Time to be alive where psychopath  serial killers are the most popular characters in the show. <3

Edited by Tygett Lannister

13 minutes ago, SerJimmyJangle said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but I find that more believable and realistic a motivation than some prophecy.

Well, that's just your opinion and you are entitled to it. But if you really  re-watch the entire show (forget the books) you will notice that this move is neither believable nor realistic.

Dany’s vision was created by the warlocks. Watch it again. They show her the throne room destroyed to lure her away from it and give her Drogo and her baby so that she will stay in that dream forever while they have her in chains, but she realizes she is being tricked and breaks free from the dream-prison.

That’s all.

Edited by NonoNono