[Spoilers] Episode 803 Discussion

Ran

3 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

By the way, what happened in the crypts?  Was it the dead Starks that were woken by the Night King?  I was confused by that.  Did anyone understand where the dead came from?

Yes. All the dead Starks were risen by the NK

1 minute ago, Aderyn said:

Yes it was the Starks. They punched and clawed their way through the stone tombs... Which I thought pretty impressive. Stark wights must have some special powers, otherwise the whole army of the dead would have stormed Winterfell by simply fisting through the walls...

Ok, so that actually happened like many were predicting.  But there were no casualties.  Not sure what to think about that.

2 minutes ago, Aderyn said:

Yes it was the Starks. They punched and clawed their way through the stone tombs... Which I thought pretty impressive. Stark wights must have some special powers, otherwise the whole army of the dead would have stormed Winterfell by simply fisting through the walls...

Maybe just the ones whose swords had been stolen.

Just now, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Ok, so that actually happened like many were predicting.  But there were no casualties.  Not sure what to think about that.

Yeah I thought that pretty pointless. They killed a bunch of extras. I was expecting Varys or Gilly to die this way. And I kinda wanted to see Ned's grave stirring... 

The only good thing to come out of it was that short moment between Sansa and Tyrion.

1 minute ago, joaozinm said:

The prophecy of AA may not be fullfilled in the books too... just a reminder...

Like any other prophecy, really. However the books do take prophecies more seriously. I don't remember any one book prophecy that was proven wrong

12 minutes ago, Lady Sansador said:

I liked this ep. And im cool with Arya being AA. 

Book and show have been two different things for awhile now. "Everything you did brought you here, to where you belong."

I liked it as well. It was completely unexpected. Because doesn't the prophecy say AA is a male (the prince that was promised) ? I'm not sure, maybe there's more to it that we don't know yet.

Edited by makchamp

4 minutes ago, Lady Sansador said:

I liked this ep. And im cool with Arya being AA. 

Book and show have been two different things for awhile now. "Everything you did brought you here, to where you belong."

She didn't fit any of the professies.  It also makes the arc of Stannis, Mel, and Jon completely pointless.  Danny can still break the wheel or hers would have been ruined as well.   I don't what to say about Bran at this point, he was as useful as ghost ...   They could have had Arya do that type of kill in KL and saved the value of the early seasons' development.  

RIP Jorah. Personally I think he should have lived to see the end of Danny’s story and return to Bear Island. 

I thought the Undead were overpowered. Why do rotting corpses have super strength and move fast? How does the Night King suddenly have a million zombies rather than the 100,000 we saw. Then possessing the ability to conjure snowstorms. It was too much. They even downplay how susceptible Wights should be to fire and obsidian. I get this adds drama and threat. But it felt like an unfair fight. The charm of the books is that the heroes make mistakes not that the writer arbitrarily has a High Fantasy faction from Age of Sigmar (Stormcasts would struggle to beat that) wipe the floor with a normal army playing by the rules. At least in World War Z they had guns....

It is a dramatic episode and has some great moments. Thoroughly gripping to watch.

2 minutes ago, makchamp said:

I liked it as well. It was completely unexpected. Because doesn't the prophecy say AA is a male (the prince that was promised) ? I'm not sure, maybe there's more to it that we don't know yet.

Misandei clearly says last season that Valyrian doesn't much care for the differentiation between prince/princess, so no, it does not have to be a man

The AA/TPTWP prophecy was written in High Valyrian, which is gender neutral, so "prince" could be referring to either male or female.

1 minute ago, AndréaV said:

Me too.

Maybe not Ned's, because he was decapitated, bit Lyanna's or Rickon's

Maybe she did and there will be proof of Jons lineage found during clean up... that'd be cool

I think AA and TPTWP could be two people?  Idk now... i remember last season missandi saying the translation could be either or but than that ruins my  two diff ppl theory...

1 minute ago, no_one_... said:

She didn't fit any of the professies.  It also makes the arc of Stannis, Mel, and Jon completely pointless. .  

Yeah, I'm trying to find anything to connect her brother to "smoke and salt" but haven't figured that out yet.....

But that is the only problem with the AA prophecy. The other part of the prophecy where it says she would forget the Lightbringer sword, it could finge any number of scenes where that dagger has been used and "forged"

2 minutes ago, no_one_... said:

She didn't fit any of the professies.  It also makes the arc of Stannis, Mel, and Jon completely pointless.  Danny can still break the wheel or hers would have been ruined as well.   I don't what to say about Bran at this point, he was as useful as ghost ...   They could have had Arya do that type of kill in KL and saved the value of the early seasons' development.  

THAT IS HOW I FEEL.

If they wanted arya to kill the Nk what they should have done is having her disguised as a wight. Then we have a bunch of characters (bran, jon danny, mel…) fighting the NK together and slowly weakening him and when he is distracted about to obtain victory she can stab him in the back.

I could suport that. However her killing the NK alone is awfull!