[Poll] How would you rate episode 803?

Ran

How would you rate episode 803?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

I'm in the bizarre position of not knowing where, or how, to rate it. 

On the one hand, a very cinematic battle sequence.

On the other hand, it lagged somewhat in places.

The Night King was just taken out by Arya. And his entire army collapsed LoTR-style. Midway through the season.

And Dany lost both Drogon and her main advisor.

And Melisandre has completed her mission...so just drops dead.

WTF!? 

I feel kind of weird about what I just watched and need some time to process.

I can't for the life of me understand how a decades worth of foreshadowing of the Army of the Dead concludes with them being vanquished in one episode mid-season.

The seeming entire purpose of one half of the plot over? Just the battle for the throne left? And what now of Bran with his omniscient skills as the Three-Eyed Raven?

Edited by Krishtotter

7/10. Mostly good up until the ending. The Night King's a chump. A bit hard to actually see a lot of the battle. I'm hoping for some good explanations the these final episodes. 

On a positive not, Clegane Bowl is still a possibility!!!!!!!

I gave it a 3/10. First and foremost, I think I just watched about 80 minutes of darkness with splotches of light thrown in here and there. Battle scenes (what you could see) were very well done though. Then, the ending...so predictable! The big bad, built up over 7-and-a-half seasons, killed by Super-Arya. So I guess we'll never know what he was on about.

I'll save my real feelings for the Rant and Rave thread.

Edited by Ser Sinister

1 minute ago, Krishtotter said:

On the other...

The Night King was just taken out by Arya. And his entire army collapsed LoTR-style. Midway through the season.

WTF!? 

That's exactly how I feel.. I don't know how I feel about it all.. 

But Drogon is alive no? 

7/10.

And I'm being generous.

First of all the episode was ridiculously dark, I couldn't tell what was happening in a LOT of scenes, sometimes it was even pixelated, the overall visual quality of the episode wasn't that great in my eyes.

Secondly the pacing was weird, I don't think these scenes of Jon and Dany flying in the air were needed, they didn't lead to much until late into the episode and weren't exactly interesting, the entire episode builds up to the Night King reaching Bran and that's about the only scene they built up perfectly.

And last but not least, my biggest issue : The plot.

Now that ending was terrible, let's get that out of the way, Arya killing the NK ok fine that doesn't bother me but the way she did it? The impact it had on the battle? That's just utterly ridiculous and let's not talk about how the NK is a nothing character, we don't know who he is, why he wants a never ending night, how long he's been the NK, we don't learn anything about him at all.

Beyond the horrible ending, Jon does nothing for 90% of the episode, same could be said for Dany, not sure what Bran was doing either once the NK started moving on his dragon.

Scenes I really liked were : Theon's death scene, Melisandre's scenes, Arya cosplaying as Solid Snake. build up to NK reaching Bran

Scenes I didn't like : Arya killing the NK, all of Jon/Dany dragon scenes, the cluster**** that was some of these battles where I couldn't tell what was going on

Overall I think the battle of Blackwater and Hardhome were both better than this episode, It's hard to compare it to the Battle of the Bastard but BotB was a better episode too.

3 minutes ago, Krishtotter said:

On the other...

WTF!? 

I thought Drogon survived at the end there?