[Poll] How would you rate episode 803?

Ran

How would you rate episode 803?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

4 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

D&D aren't Martin, the way they write is more cliché and previsible.

Which is probably what the larger part of audience likes. We have to remember there are a whole lot of people watching this who have not read the books and just want to be entertained. One of my best friends watches it and doesn't even know all the key characters' names.

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

You feeling happy w it? I never would have guessed it. And I’m not being sarcastic, just struggling w/ the idea that it’s even possible to feel happy w it. 

I gave the episode a 7.

I am generally happy with the show because I first started reading the books in 1998 and I am generally happy because I'll finally get the answers to the main plot points of the story, even if they are going to be inferior than what the author would have done.  That said given the lack of quality in AFFC and ADWD, and the preview chapters we've seen from TWOW?  Maybe the author wouldn't do that much of a better job anyway.

3 minutes ago, #teamNightking said:

Until such time as GRRM proves otherwise, I'm becoming more and more suspicious that the book series will never be finished. Maybe not even Winds. 

Agreed, and I take that into account when thinking about these episodes.

Martin seems to have written himself into a corner he can't seem to get out of, Hard for me to be too judgmental of writers tasked with doing that task.

They do need a major twist to end this though. 

1 minute ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

That happened? I was hoping Ghost escaped like Jorah and the others.

If he did they didn't show him, so I can only assume he was killed. Glad we didn't have to see a Ghost wight. Of course he is a wolf whose instinct is self preservation. Maybe he just ran off into the woods. But I think the fact that they showed him in the vanguard means he died.

Just now, SansaJonRule said:

If he did they didn't show him, so I can only assume he was killed. Glad we didn't have to see a Ghost wight. Of course he is a wolf whose instinct is self preservation. Maybe he just ran off into the woods. But I think the fact that they showed him in the vanguard means he died.

Yeah, well they didn't show him for a whole season last year. I refuse to believe it. Present the body!

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

In a nutshell, yes. That a problem? Are only those who’ll heap praise on it allowed to watch and comment? 

I would think that if you hate it and it just makes you angry year after year, you'd save yourself that frustration. Of course people can complain, but if you despise the show and never have a good thing to say, you're just being angry for the sake of it and look like a hipster, hating what everyone else likes. 

2 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

I gave the episode a 7.

I am generally happy with the show because I first started reading the books in 1998 and I am generally happy because I'll finally get the answers to the main plot points of the story, even if they are going to be inferior than what the author would have done.  That said given the lack of quality in AFFC and ADWD, and the preview chapters we've seen from TWOW?  Maybe the author wouldn't do that much of a better job anyway.

Fair enough. I started the books in 2,000, and I just can’t stomach the show for the most part. And know the main plot point checks I don’t need to like the show, just read some random summary of series 8. And I can do that and still think the way the show got there to be a complete letdown. Especially b/c they deviated so much from the actual story that whatever they do now to check the plot point boxes is gonna fell totally forced and unrealistic to me. To each their own. 

Just now, SansaJonRule said:

Yes, seeing as Martin has made a point to avoid the usual fantasy tropes, a happily ever after ending would seem out of character for him.

I don't think we'll have happily ever after, but I think people give GRRM too much credit with "avoiding usual fantasy tropes." Martin, of course, had a few big moments like killing Ned and the Red Wedding, but at its core the series has been a traditional "Rightful King Returns" trope and nothing he's done so far suggests the series won't end with Jon or Dany (although I suspect Jon) sitting on a throne. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Godric said:

I would think that if you hate it and it just makes you angry year after year, you'd save yourself that frustration. Of course people can complain, but if you despise the show and never have a good thing to say, you're just being angry for the sake of it and look like a hipster, hating what everyone else likes. 

Who said anything about hate?

I actually find the show very entertaining in it’s stupidity, and it makes me laugh out loud often. My unsullied husband feels confused often by my behaviour, but I always take the time to explain to him why I was laughing. 

Also, aren’t you being a tad too optimistic in your defence of the show when you say, “ everyone else likes [it]? 

9 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

Him being in the vangaurd is stupid. His main purpose is to stand by Jon and protect him. Not run off fighting with some foreigners.

19 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

The wights just clawed their way into the crypts. I know they are dug underground, but aren't they built with stone?

I thought those were the dead stark lords. They were already in the crypts. Breaking out of there stone coffins however seemed a bit odd.

22 minutes ago, divica said:

And if after having a bunch of character having their story being almost about the ww all his book arya defeats the dead alone I will also say it is bullshit.

What was the point of bran? what did danny do besides giving a dragon to the NK? what the fuck did jon do the entire batle?

Exactly. 

Watching it again and it's making me even more annoyed of Bran and Night Kings interaction, well lack of interaction. I expected there to be a deeper meaning, some time warp/super natural aspect to play out. 

Bran had better have a deeper meaning after all this 3 eyed raven stuff if it wasn't for the Night King/dead storyline.