[Poll] How would you rate episode 803?

Ran

How would you rate episode 803?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

5 minutes ago, Rhienne said:

by clinging to the back of dragons in combat WITHOUT HARNESSES

Yeah. Dragon saddles should have been a thing by now. They're not in the books either, it's kind of ridiculous. 

Maybe the dragons never fly upside down or sideways? 

; )

58 minutes ago, #teamNightking said:

Yeah. Dragon saddles should have been a thing by now. They're not in the books either, it's kind of ridiculous. 

; )

Not when Dany flies, understandably, but in Fire and Blood, I think dragonriders have saddles/harnesses (at least in the confrontation between Daemon and Aemond where this is a plot point).

I gave it a rounded up 8.

I get the griping about it being dark but, hello they didn't have lights back then and as the saying goes, the night is dark and full of terrors. It gave the episode a creepy feel that was needed.

Loved it when the giant busted into WF and basically B slapped lil Lady Mormount to the side, chuckled when it happened, and cheered when she killed him. She went out after a big boss kill.

Would have ranked it higher had we lost more of the main cast. Davos and Varys both should be gone, probably Brienne as well since she had her big moment of respect last week. Same w Grey Worm, but I get that they didn't want to kill off all of Dany's people. Also, had Jon and the NK had a small fight, say Jon is winning and then the NK raises all the dead and moves on, would've felt better to me. Maybe have Jon surrounded like he was and have Ghost jump in and save him. IDK, maybe that's all just fanboy talk though.

On 4/28/2019 at 10:36 PM, Table8 said:

Episode was way too long.  What seemed to be the main threat of the entire show was so quickly and shabbily resolved.  

The episode was very self indulgent imo.  

This is exactly what GOT has always been though.  We thought Ned was the lead hero, oh wait nope.  All hail King Robb, oh shit maybe not.

This series and the books have always been a bit of misdirection.

On 4/28/2019 at 10:38 PM, nara said:

I agree with your sentiments. I did not think that Drogon died. I thought he was mourning Jorah and wounded. But I could be wrong. If he did die it would be nice to see Dany lead without the threat of dragons. 

I liked that Theon and Jorah got proper ends. I liked that Dany finally showed some emotion and it was for Jorah. 

It’s hard to believe that Arya snuck up on the Night King like that but I can buy that he became arrogant in his victory. I was kinda hoping that Bran would slit his own throat and that would kill the NK and the WWs.

Arya spent a lot of time training to be a silent killer so it kind of makes sense. Also, wasn't there a line very similar in this episode or last about arrogance? It's on the tip of my tongue but can't quite find it.

And Bran, yep, I for a second thought the same thing, he was gonna kill himself. Didn't know what that would accomplish, was just a feeling.

On 4/28/2019 at 11:14 PM, divica said:

So after all the build up that other characters had to be important in defeating the dead you are satisfied with arya killing the NK alone? seriously?

Absolutely I am. Why should it be Jon? He is and always has been my favorite character, I threw my book down when he died in it. That doesn't mean he should be the savior. Arya spent her time training to be a stealthy assassin, she knows WF as well as anyone alive. Why not her to kill the NK? 

Hell they may even have set it up a few years ago that the "prince that was promised" was a bad translation. Missande corrected Dany and said there is no distinction in Valyrian language, prince/princess.  I could have the exact wording wrong but it was something like that.

On 4/28/2019 at 11:22 PM, PirateVergo said:

My standarts have lowered ever since season 6 otherwise I'd have given the episode a 4/10 at best rather than a 7.

D&D aren't Martin, the way they write is more cliché and previsible.

Who wrote about hidden Princes, magic, special swords...etc.?  None of those are cliche's I guess. 

14 hours ago, #teamNightking said:

; )

Whole riding dragon without saddle reminds me of stupid Todd Packer joke about "Why don't witches wear panties" , im ashamed of myself for laughing right now.

Edited by Eltharion21

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

This is exactly what GOT has always been though.  We thought Ned was the lead hero, oh wait nope.  All hail King Robb, oh shit maybe not.

This series and the books have always been a bit of misdirection.

Talk about bad analogy.

Most, if not all, of the main characters haven't died in god knows how many seasons now ? That IS NOT what GOT has always been, though.

This was...not good. They get 3 for effort although it probably deserve less.

Never mind the silly battle tactics and suicidal deployment. The writers turned what could a been a suspenseful ending to the whole Others arc into a substandard zombie movie clinched together with a cliche epic fantasy plot resolution. 
It couldn't have been worse resolved if they'd introduced the Macguffin of Otherslaying where the goodies throw speed bumps in the way of an unstoppable force so they can have time to find out how it works in the very final second before the baddies destroy it.
Arya's final role was telegraphed with a loudspeaker, plot points were jammed into the episode like wedges being used to split a tree, and in an attempt to create some tension over the next four episodes of winning the game of thrones against the most incompetent queen pretender in the history of Westeros, they seem to have wiped out Daenarys' entire army. 

This was the death knell of any hope I've had for Denioff and Weiss finding a form that can be compared to that of the book series on an equal footing. 

8 hours ago, dbunting said:

Absolutely I am. Why should it be Jon? He is and always has been my favorite character, I threw my book down when he died in it. That doesn't mean he should be the savior. Arya spent her time training to be a stealthy assassin, she knows WF as well as anyone alive. Why not her to kill the NK? 

Hell they may even have set it up a few years ago that the "prince that was promised" was a bad translation. Missande corrected Dany and said there is no distinction in Valyrian language, prince/princess.  I could have the exact wording wrong but it was something like that.

I'm surprised you are happy with this end of the threat to humanity is dispatched faster than Ramsay Bolton, and by a character whose story has nothing to do with magic, and who until last week, never showed any knowledge of any of old Nan's stories or of the WW existance.  If they didn't want Jon to kill the NK because it's too cliche, then he at least should have been in the godswood and then Arya or Bran could have killed him while he was distracted with Jon.  You can't really think Aryas story has just been about training to kill people and then killing them?  

2 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Indeed. The subversion of expectations is all down to GRRM. D&D are all about shallow whizz-bang TV.

That's a great way to sum it up. I bet GRRM is furious after the latest episode. Just a few quotes that I find so telling after episode 3.

GRRM: ''Very few people get up in the morning and say, “Oh, I’m evil. What evil can I do today?” I’m gonna cover the world with darkness and my legions of evil will rule all.”That’s silly. The greatest monsters of history, as we look back on them, thought they were the heroes of the story. The villain is the hero of the other side, as sometimes said. That doesn’t mean that it’s all morally relative. That doesn’t mean that all things are equally good and evil. I think there is good and there is evil in the world, but I regard the struggle between good and evil as being waged within the individual human heart. It’s not waged as fantasy would have it where a character called the Dark Lord gathers all the evil people together and puts them in black clothing and they’re evil because they’re really ugly and all the good people are handsome and they wear white and they meet on a big battlefield.''

GRRM: ''I love fantasy. I grew up reading fantasy. But, I wanted to put a somewhat different spin on it. The whole trope of absolute good versus absolute evil, which was wonderful in the hands of J.R. Tolkien, became cliche and rote in the hands of the many Tolkien imitators that followed. George R. R. Martin''

GRRM:  ''I don't want to write about a character who's just a dark lord that come do bring darkness to the world"

Edited by Gianna Dorenberg

People talk about how Jon killing the Night King would have been a cliche, but the way they actually resolved this whole thing - with this huge threat being destroyed so quickly and so effectively - is a cliche in and of itself. And a very anti-climactic one too.

I read an article today that says when stood up & yelled at Viserion he was yelling "GOOOOOOO" at Arya, distracting the dragon while Arya went by & that you can see some sort of fluttering or movement indicating Arya ran by. 

Can any one confirm or debunk that? I didn't see it but I couldn't see much because it was so dark & most certainly wouldn't have seen a small movement. I also didn't know what Jon was yelling. 

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I read an article today that says when stood up & yelled at Viserion he was yelling "GOOOOOOO" at Arya, distracting the dragon while Arya went by & that you can see some sort of fluttering or movement indicating Arya ran by. 

Can any one confirm or debunk that? I didn't see it but I couldn't see much because it was so dark & most certainly wouldn't have seen a small movement. I also didn't know what Jon was yelling. 

It's more useless headcanon, subtitles says he  yells "Yarrggh" or some crap.

2 minutes ago, longest night said:

It's more useless headcanon, subtitles says he  yells "Yarrggh" or some crap.

It sounds like he screams go! But it looks like he's yelling at Viserion to go. Like trying to tame him. Silly Targaryan. Not possible to tame a wight dragon. :rolleyes:

Not buying the Arya thing.