[Poll] How would you rate episode 803?

Ran

How would you rate episode 803?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

1 minute ago, #teamNightking said:

It sounds like he screams go! But it looks like he's yelling at Viserion to go. Like trying to tame him. Silly Targaryan. Not possible to tame a wight dragon. :rolleyes:

Not buying the Arya thing. 

There's a psychological phenomenon where people hear what they want to hear.

Just now, longest night said:

Why would I want to hear that? It makes absolutely no difference to me. He could be yelling get me some tacos for all I care. :mellow:

Sounds pretty clear to me. But I'm half deaf. Shrug

1 hour ago, longest night said:

This video thoroughly explains why I scored it 1/10, the worst episode of Game of Thrones.

Thank you, this was wonderful

A comment on the video made me laugh out loud: "the night is dark and full of terr... ible writing"

"the episode is dark and full or errors" is also hilarious

19 minutes ago, longest night said:

Truly I have no idea what Jon was doing. Upon first watching I assumed he had just reached a breaking point and had given up; deciding to let Viserion just roast him and was simply screaming in helpless frustration. He didn't even try to use his Valaryan steel sword.

But it's ok. Arya saved him. Yay!

On 4/30/2019 at 12:54 PM, Kajjo said:

I agree. I don't want to wish away our desire for some depth here, for explanations, more background, better motivation of Children, Raven, Others. Yes, I would have liked all that, too. I miss it. I even hope that we will get a few more explanations eventually, even though I doubt it now.

But on the other hand it was a mistake committed by many watchers to solely focus on the Nightking storyline.

What is the name of the series? Game of Thrones.

What 90% of all scenes and threads centered around? The Iron Throne.

The Nightking was ONE additional thread, something orthogonal to the competition for the Iron Throne.  Something were people have to wotrk together to beat a much greater threat. They did it, the threat is neutralized (let's hope so). Now it's the run for the throne once again.

I sincerely like that. It would have been petty nonsense to watch seven seasons of emotions, hardship, intrigue, sex, violence, battles just to get the conclusion: Doesn't matter, only the Nightking counts.

It is realistic that after beating a extraordinary danger to everyone, the normal competition will again arise. This is an interesting psychological concept all too true in the real world.

While I agree that you tubers made a great damage over analyzing everything and certainly developing all sorts of stupid theories out of nowhere for their own profit, creating a great deal of expectations, let’s not forget all the promotion we got even from actors themselves who said that this season is about survival. The season promotional image being the night king, everything centered around the great battle, even show runners themselves telling us the length it took for this episode, the conditions, even after letters to the cast to thank them, especially for this,  they also made a great investment in Night Kings battle and heavily promoted it, leading also to great expectations. In the cover for season 8 I see the Night king, not Cersei. 

So if this was their big asset, and we are over that, what are we to expect for the continuation? 

Edited by Nightwish

22 minutes ago, #teamNightking said:

Truly I have no idea what Jon was doing. Upon first watching I assumed he had just reached a breaking point and had given up; deciding to let Viserion just roast him and was simply screaming in helpless frustration. He didn't even try to use his Valaryan steel sword.

This is what I took from it also. 

On 5/1/2019 at 4:06 AM, FireWinds said:

Exactly how long did they have? The wall to Winterfell is what, 600 miles? So a non-stop walk would be around a week? So much time to prepare a better defence.

I'm not sure. Another member and I discussed that last week. The AotD is not encumbered by fatigue, so could they had run the whole way? That's one of the things that drives me crazy in this show. They make it very difficult to gage the passage of time.

There were archers on the wall at the beginning. They covered the retreat.

I suspect one of the reasons we didn't see more defensive obstacles was time limitation. Possibly why we didn't see a couple more characters die. They didn't have time to do justice for anymore big characters die. Very surprised Podrick lived, as he is not a big character.

The issue here is that if the army of the dead just ran straight to Winterfell, washing over Last Hearth on the way, it would likely still take at least two weeks. It is 630 miles as the crow flies. If they had an army of Usain Bolt zoombies sprinting at 28mph on a concrete trackway built from the Wall to Winterfell, it would take a day. Of course, the wights don't really run all that fast (average semi-fit human running speed on a flat surface is around 6mph, wights seem to move somewhat slower than that) and they definitely moved cross-country and stopped to attack a castle at least once.

With this pace, they would not really have time to run around overrunning holdfasts to bolster their numbers. So unless the population north of the wall was insanely big and they got them all (a people that burn their own dead), they'd need to do this too. 

This would take weeks if not months. Even with zoombies running flat out and falling apart as they do (they're quite brittle, as we've seen).

But it doesn't really matter. After season 4 or so, the concepts of space and time has become meaningless in Westeros. Anyone will teleport anywhere they need to be, anytime. 

I don't think Jon and Viserion's scene had anything to do with Arya.  I would love it if it did, as it would be emotional and very in-character for Jon to risk himself to let someone else get a shot at the Night King, but I really think we are clutching at straws here.  If you have to re-watch the scene three times and pause at exactly the right second to vaguely half-convince yourself that Jon might be shouting something that sounds a bit like 'Go!' then it probably isn't really there.  If the writers wanted Jon to be involved in helping Arya get to the Night King they would have made it more obvious.

9 hours ago, Nightwish said:

The Nightking was ONE additional thread, something orthogonal to the competition for the Iron Throne.  Something were people have to wotrk together to beat a much greater threat. They did it, the threat is neutralized (let's hope so). Now it's the run for the throne once again.

I totally agree with you about this, and have no problem with the Game of Thrones being the main part of the show and the Night King being a sideline.  The issue I have is with how the particular sideline of the Night King was resolved.  It left too many unanswered questions that are now unlikely to be resolved because they are meaningless to the competition for the Iron Throne, e.g. Bran's powers, the Night King's motivation, many of the intriguing types of magic involved in the show.  Its very unsatisfying for a viewer or reader to be left with unresolved mysteries and poorly closed story lines whether they are the main plot or a side element.

11 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I read an article today that says when stood up & yelled at Viserion he was yelling "GOOOOOOO" at Arya, distracting the dragon while Arya went by & that you can see some sort of fluttering or movement indicating Arya ran by. 

Can any one confirm or debunk that? I didn't see it but I couldn't see much because it was so dark & most certainly wouldn't have seen a small movement. I also didn't know what Jon was yelling. 

I can debunk it.  I read this too so I re-watched that scene with the sub-titles on.  "YELLS. (VISERION GROWLS.)" is what it says.

11 hours ago, #teamNightking said:

I think when he screamed at the dragon, that was Kitt Harrington just screaming out his frustration, at how the show has destroyed his character.

2 hours ago, Rhienne said:

I don't think Jon and Viserion's scene had anything to do with Arya.  I would love it if it did, as it would be emotional and very in-character for Jon to risk himself to let someone else get a shot at the Night King, but I really think we are clutching at straws here.  If you have to re-watch the scene three times and pause at exactly the right second to vaguely half-convince yourself that Jon might be shouting something that sounds a bit like 'Go!' then it probably isn't really there.  If the writers wanted Jon to be involved in helping Arya get to the Night King they would have made it more obvious.

I totally agree with you about this, and have no problem with the Game of Thrones being the main part of the show and the Night King being a sideline.  The issue I have is with how the particular sideline of the Night King was resolved.  It left too many unanswered questions that are now unlikely to be resolved because they are meaningless to the competition for the Iron Throne, e.g. Bran's powers, the Night King's motivation, many of the intriguing types of magic involved in the show.  Its very unsatisfying for a viewer or reader to be left with unresolved mysteries and poorly closed story lines whether they are the main plot or a side element.

That's how I felt.

But talking to several unsullied (no books or forums) viewers, all of them have said something along the lines of "classic game of thrones - never saw it coming".

And you know what, they are right. This is a classic interrupted arc. This is how the unsullied experienced the end of Ned's arc and the Red Wedding - out of left field - foreshadowed yes, but only in retrospect. Those who liked it kept watching . Those who didn't, stopped. Some of us here, if we had not read the books, may have stopped watching at that point. But now, finally, we experience GOT as unsullied. It is not ASOIAF - it is Game of Thrones, with all its faults and glories. 

We will never find out the answers to all those questions, just as we will never get to see Ned tell Cat that he was true to her, or find out whether Robb would have won the war.

The Night King played the Game of Thrones, and he didn't win.

Game Over.

3 hours ago, Rhienne said:

One would hope that if the writers meant to show Jon helping Arya get to the NK they would have made it a little more obvious. But at this point I have no faith they will do anything logical. That being said I agree fully. I don't think Jon was yelling GOOOOOOO! To help Arya. I think probably the article was grasping at straws trying to find some logic in the whole situation. 

I signed up for IMDb just so I could rate this episode 1 there as well. And even bloody IMDb comments are shocked about how the episode can still have an 8.8 rating. Some think that HBO is getting bot reviews to keep their rating intact. 

Just now, RhaenysBee said:

I signed up for IMDb just so I could rate this episode 1 there as well. And even bloody IMDb comments are shocked about how the episode can still have an 8.8 rating. Some think that HBO is getting bot reviews to keep their rating intact. 

I think the even before the ep aired or right after there were an absurd number of people voting 10. I saw it and there were like 60K people giving it a 10... IT just broke any ranking sistem...

If the ep ends up with 8.5 will be a victory because it is as low as ep have gotten with the exception of the ep sansa is raped...

2 minutes ago, divica said:

I think the even before the ep aired or right after there were an absurd number of people voting 10. I saw it and there were like 60K people giving it a 10... IT just broke any ranking sistem...

If the ep ends up with 8.5 will be a victory because it is as low as ep have gotten with the exception of the ep sansa is raped...

I know, it’s just so hard to understand and accept it. It would just be a dream if the rating went down to say 8 or 7.9. Well, I don’t expect that to happen. 

Just now, RhaenysBee said:

I know, it’s just so hard to understand and accept it. It would just be a dream if the rating went down to say 8 or 7.9. Well, I don’t expect that to happen. 

If we eliminate the people that live in an alternate reality and give a 10 to this episode for reasons I will never understad then the rating of the ep is awful. Hell, you could also take the people that gave it 1 out and its rating would still be awfull.

Someone at HBO should talk about the disaster that this episode was...

after several days the episode sunk in deeper and to be honest, its shit, thats what it is, dumb shit. i went from 9 (straight after watching it) to 6 (i voted) to 1 at this point. it is so breathtakingly stupid and betrays everything the first seasons were all about. it treats the viewer as absolute idiots and its so incredible how the show has been ruined with one episode, simply unbelievable. 

i somewhat thought that 2 years will lead to some reparations from last season, i was wrong. i thought, maybe they would watch the whole show again and come to the conclusion why they messed up the last seasons and fix it. no they didnt. the writers are unbelievably unable.

got is dead.

55 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Don't bother. IMDB is garbage when it comes to ratings.

Plus GOT on FB has been deleting a lot of negative comments and criticism. I wouldn't hold it against them if they had anything to do with that as well.It's clear that there is a damage control going on with this episode.