[Poll] How would you rate episode 803?

Ran

How would you rate episode 803?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

1 minute ago, FireWinds said:

Exactly. 

Watching it again and it's making me even more annoyed of Bran and Night Kings interaction, well lack of interaction. I expected there to be a deeper meaning, some time warp/super natural aspect to play out. 

Bran had better have a deeper meaning after all this 3 eyed raven stuff if it wasn't for the Night King/dead storyline. 

It just feels completly useless!

1 hour ago, Frey family reunion said:

I would have given it less than a 1 if allowed.  This show is so aggressively dumb.  It’s become an absolute travesty of the source material.

Wow. I disagree. And I kind of pity you for missing out on the fun. I don’t think I’ve seen a better tv show ever. Period. 

13 minutes ago, D2procon said:

What bothers me more than the ending is episode 4 preview. The north cheering Danerys  on and rallying by her side like she defeated the night king. I hope arya gets appropriate credit

It’s just like how Ned was always credited with defeating Arthur Dayne.

8/10 for the action, visual and tension

couple of things bothered me such as:

what in world was Ghost doing beside Jorah? What happened to him? will there be a talk about this or Jon won't even notice?
Arya killing the NK...I don't know how to feel about this. So she was Azor Ahai? What was the point of the Lightbringer? Rhaegar's prophecy and all that meant nothing?
Greyworm should have died. Actually a bunch of people should have died.

Cersei is gonna be the end boss? This is unacceptable. 

28 minutes ago, Krishtotter said:

Agreed, she was a sniping coward in this episode. Only thinking about her feud with Daenerys and personal safety.

Grossly irritating when Dany was risking her neck and losing her main advisor.

And I say that as a long-standing critic of Dany. 

Yup, Dany is sacrificing her people and out there fighting for Sansa's "home", and yet she is still obsessed with her feud with Dany, while sitting in a crypt not lifting a finger to help her family or people. Sansa is about as ungrateful a character as there is in GOT.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Yup, Dany is sacrificing her people and out there fighting for Sansa's "home", and yet she is still obsessed with her feud with Dany, while sitting in a crypt not lifting a finger to help her family or people. Sansa is about as ungrateful a character as there is in GOT.

Oh come on. She has zero value on a battlefield. She'd just have been someone other people had to die to keep alive.

4 minutes ago, lomiller said:

No they were there all along.  The bodies buried in the crypts became wights when the night king raised up a new batch of undead while facing Jon

Yea, I think you’re right.  I was hoping we’d get a zombie Lyanna crawl out of her crypt screeching how Rhaegar was a selfish lover.

1 hour ago, Ser Gareth said:

I am assuming there is a reason Tormund survived, because it would have been fitting if he had died the way Lyanna Mormont did (which was by far the best death, if there is such a thing, in the episode).

As soon as I saw that giant, I was calling for Tormund, especially after his campfire story last episode. But, no complaints about Mormont. She was true to her character to the bitter end.

I think it's a bit silly to suggest that Sansa should be out on a battlefield. Even book Sansa has no value with a sword, her skill is political machinations. Now you can criticize the show for having her seem pathetic while down in the crypts, she could have been keeping their spirits up (throwback to Blackwater) or thinking of a tactical way they could help. But to expect her to actually fight in any physical way is laughable. 

I will have to watch again tonight (ep comes out in the brightness of sunshine downunder) as too much screen reflection.

Well, I will have to watch again when I am emotionally un-wrecked at least.

I usually prefer the 'talking' episodes to the battles (at least when they were able to use GRRM dialogue) but stuff got done this ep so it has to be a 10/10.  And that next week trailer..... I better stock up on strong drink.

8 minutes ago, lomiller said:

No they were there all along.  The bodies buried in the crypts became wights when the night king raised up a new batch of undead while facing Jon

I thought they were buried in stone sarcophaguses, but maybe that was just the lords. I hope Gilly and little Sam survived.

12 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

sitting in a crypt not lifting a finger to help her family or people.

She said herself there was nothing she could do, that's why they were all down there. If she had run out from her hiding place she would have just gotten herself killed and then possibly become a wight herself and end up killing her own people. It's not at all the same as sacrificing yourself for others.

I found the episode very enjoyable but after I sat down and thought about it for a while it felt very hollow on reflection. I know people have raised this issue with the show time and time again but there was so many ex machina moments that it never seemed as though anyone of note would die. D&D are on the record as saying they intentionally beefed up the female roles in the story because the fans had such a positive reaction to all the female empowerment on the show. I don't have a problem with that to an extent but I just have a horrible gut feeling that they rewrote Jon's part in the war against the night king  in the same way I sense they rewrote the battle of the bastards to make it seem as though he was incompetent and the battle was only won thanks to the intervention of Sansa. Azor Ahai (Jon) didn't wield lightbringer didn't bring the dawn but instead literally hid behind a wall while his little sister killed the Nightking, that is how bad it has become. I laughed at the scene where lyanna Mormont killed the giant, I highly doubt that will be in the books and if that isn't something George would write , ask yourselves what else is just designed for female empowerment fan fiction wish fullfilment. very entertaining predictable television tropes in the place of something that used to be groundbreaking.

Edited by darksellsword

1 minute ago, srorol said:

eight years of white walkers being unstoppable and a cartoonist low-budget Jackie Chan move does them in. 

But who didn't see it playing out exactly like this as soon as it was mentioned in a previous season and they (the characters) discussed that when a white walker dies all the dead it has raised die with it? 

And the Night King destroyed by the valyrian steel dagger from season one? 

By Arya, after spending all that time training to be a sneaky assassin? 

It was trending this way. 

It appears Cersei won in the Cersei vs. Night King for who the worst bad "guy' is.  

This wasn't the finale so I'll suspend final judgement. 

5 minutes ago, The Knight of Flours said:

I will have to watch again tonight (ep comes out in the brightness of sunshine downunder) as too much screen reflection.

I surprisingly didn't have much trouble seeing, and I am even a little bit nearsighted. Of course, we have a good, large tv, only a year old (my husband can't live without his tv). And it's night time here. No glare.

8 minutes ago, The Knight of Flours said:

I usually prefer the 'talking' episodes to the battles (at least when they were able to use GRRM dialogue) but stuff got done this ep so it has to be a 10/10.  And that next week trailer..... I better stock up on strong drink.

So do I. I like to get into people's heads and know what they're thinking, but I thought this was a good battle scene that kept me on the edge of my seat. Every time it looked like the humans did something that should give them some advantage, it just wasn't enough. And I loved the fact that it was Arya who killed the NK and how she did it. And after all the speculation on here since last week about whether killing the NK would take out all the other WWs, it was quite satisfying to see them all explode in shards of ice. I mean honestly, the humans didn't have a chance otherwise.

As far as Azor Ahai, that was Melisandre's thing, and she was wrong before. Or it may be that his/her purpose is to bring peace to Westeros, not destroy the WWs.

Someone mention Rhaegar's prophecy. What is that? It's not part of the show, is it?

5 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

He was waiting for Viseryion to get close enough that he could get a strike in before Viseryion could roast him. I thought that was so obvious.

I took it that he was just accepting his fate before the dragon tore him apart, he didn't even raise his sword he just screamed into Viserions face. It was an underwhelming climax for him considering his story arc revolved around the NightKing the most.