Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Lady Fevre Dream

I see many requests for one this week, so I thought I would oblige.  Here is the place for things you did not like about the show.  (If you could manage to actually see it, that is)  It is not a debate thread, it is a thread for discussing things not liked about the show. 

Short and sweet: That episode didn't make a lick of sense. Like every damn scene. "But... why?" over and over and over.

But fuck it, Arya popped the NK, and Tyrion and Sansa had a little moment while their people were being slaughtered by zombies 15 feet away.

I had started this, too, but well done, you got if first, allowed me more time to think about additional shit.

• The Dothraki were seriously going to charge the wights only with their arakhs – thank the gods for Melisandre, at least they lasted a couple more minutes
  • I’d like to believe that Ghost didn’t die, but simply got fed up, and while the Dothraki charged into the wights, he just swerved away, and is now happy in the wild somewhere. And Rhaegal joined him.
  • The army of the living should have been bristling with torches – it’s not like they’re invisible to the dead
  • They spent all that time building those trebuchets and Hollywood catapults, just for them to launch one volley, maybe two.
  • That ditch was almost as much of a detriment, as it was helpful; again, thank the gods for Melisandre
  • I’m glad those obsidian shards placed on top of the crenellations helped :P
  • Well, what most people predicted about the crypts happened; surprised none of the named characters perished there; those stone tombs sure are strong; that part literally turned into The Walking Dead, how original.
  • Somehow out of all the living desperately fighting, only Arya, Beric, the Hound, and Melisandre manage to be inside the keep; no one else running, hiding, trying to fight the wights. And those walls are thick, giant battle taking place outside, nothing, no noise inside.
  • Arya – phase 1, twirly twirly kills wights left and right; phase 2 – suddenly scared shitless; phase 3 – Melisandre, thank the gods; kill the blue eyes – badass again, stealth mode engaged
  • Bran: Theon, you’re a good man. Now why don’t you just climb up the tree, while my sister ninjas her way to the Night King and kills him, and I just sit here.
  • Honestly, what did Bran do? He warged some ravens, and… at least get all the ravens around and annoy the NK; maybe give away his position to the dragon riders
  • The Ironborn black ops team really did well; I should have brought it up last episode, but interesting that Theon managed to retain their loyalty after rescuing Yara.
  • In hindsight, maybe it would have been beneficial to just have the entire army behind the walls
  • I love that Jon was wearing armor in previous episodes, when he did nothing, but now he stopped wearing armor; then again, armor does nothing, just ask Jorah. The wight that delivered the fatal blow was wielding what looked like an obsidian dagger. Yup!
  • Melisandre, I guess her purpose was done? She expanded all her power, maybe? But after all that, Davos was still ready to murder her.
  • Rest of the season preview shows the war ahead with Cersei – and I must ask, with what fucking army? The castle was literally overwhelmed, like every, last part of it; at best a couple of hundred survived
  • I don’t know, but I want to refuse that this is it for the Night King. All this hype, all this drama, and that’s that. Now back to intrigue, and backstabbing, and here’s Cersei. So, there’s not really going to be a big change in the status quo, just that a good guy (Jon) is likely to become the next ruler.
  • Based on the Inside the Episode, D&D knew Arya was the one to kill the NK for the last 3 years. And this is the best they could come up with. I suppose this will be in the books. Apparently the Valyrian steel dagger went right into the spot where the obsidian blade was lodged.

The fuck did Bran do when he warged? I couldn't see it. He didn't even report back whatever he saw to help the living neither did he warg a dragon or anything to do some harm to the NK when they were fighting Jon and Dany out in the open. Which brings me to Theon's death cause it was so useless. Can't the 3-eyed raven see evrything, couldn't he just say wait "3 minutes behind the tree pal" or something. 

Just now, Hound's She-wolf said:

At least the music was good because the entire rest of the episode was shit.  Oh, Lyanna Mormont going out like a badass was another bright spot,. I can't even write a complete sentence because there is just too much to rant about with this episode.

Speaking of which, I couldn't tell if the piano song was completely new, a modified rendition of previous GoT, or something taken from outside GoT.

1 minute ago, Corvinus said:

Speaking of which, I couldn't tell if the piano song was completely new, a modified rendition of previous GoT, or something taken from outside GoT.

I don't know, but I was enjoying it until it stopped and Arya jumped out like a damn spider monkey at his back

I already posted in the general R&R thread, but I am a little agahst at how devoid of a storyline season 8 is.  D&D mailed it in, in a way I've not seen another TV show do.  Even with all the disppointment with the last season of Lost, the writers tried to craft a storyline.  They didn't succeed in pleasing a lot of fans, but they tried.

D&D didn't even try to give the audience a storyline.

Hey, the thread made it through, but damn........I am ready for bed.  Probably because I had to sit in the dark for an hour and half trying to see the damn show.  WHY was this the worst lit night battle they've ever done?   Why Oh Why on so many things? 

I thought all of the Arya moments were cool.

I had a problem with Sansa. Like seriously? We have spent seasons getting Sansa to the point where she can be in the exact same position Cersei was in during the Battle of the Blackwater and chose to be the exact opposite of Cersei.

17 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Based on the Inside the Episode, D&D knew Arya was the one to kill the NK for the last 3 years. And this is the best they could come up with. I suppose this will be in the books. Apparently the Valyrian steel dagger went right into the spot where the obsidian blade was lodged.

Seriously? How is Arya going to do that? Stab the Heart of Winter with a knife? Is a 12-year-old (or let's be generous and assume ADoS is going to make her a 13-year-old) going to kill all the Others single-handedly? Not in GRRM's books because they are not fucking TV show written by morons. Especially not when the antagonists doesn't even exist in the books.

It is not even conceivable, in my opinion, that Arya can do much in an actual battle against the wights. She is still a child, and zombies don't care that you can change faces, wear glamors, and know how to use poisons. They will kill you all the same. Arya could, perhaps, take out a handful, perhaps a dozen, but then she would be overwhelmed and ripped to pieces.

14 minutes ago, Steelborn said:

The fuck did Bran do when he warged? I couldn't see it. He didn't even report back whatever he saw to help the living neither did he warg a dragon or anything to do some harm to the NK when they were fighting Jon and Dany out in the open. Which brings me to Theon's death cause it was so useless. Can't the 3-eyed raven see evrything, couldn't he just say wait "3 minutes behind the tree pal" or something. 

He warged into Ghost and ran off to make puppies with Nymeria ... it was his last night after all ...

I've said most of my rants in other threads. 

Archived