Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Lady Fevre Dream

1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

Seriously? How is Arya going to do that? Stab the Heart of Winter with a knife? Is a 12-year-old (or let's be generous and assume ADoS is going to make her a 13-year-old) going to kill all the Others single-handedly? Not in GRRM's books because they are not fucking TV show written by morons. Especially not when the antagonists doesn't even exist in the books.

It is not even conceivable, in my opinion, that Arya can do much in an actual battle against the wights. She is still a child, and zombies don't care that you can change faces, wear glamors, and know how to use poisons. They will kill you all the same. Arya could, perhaps, take out a handful, perhaps a dozen, but then she would be overwhelmed and ripped to pieces.

I don't disagree with you. I'm just feeling dejected by this cluster fuck.

I want to know why Ghost was stuck in that first charge with Dothraki and Jorah?  Would it have killed the show to let Ghost be with someone he actually knew and was actually acknowledged by?  Oh well, good news is he lives.  He did hit the promos in WF, next to Varys? (LOL  Still no one he knows), right after a Dany and dragon scene.  So, he's there, Ghost made it, maybe a couple of Dothraki did, too.

I will leave the thread to you guys and check back tomorrow.  I'll have my second wind, hopefully.  But damn, I am really disappointed in even just the battle bit, it was too hard to see.  What good is a million days of filming if I felt like I couldn't see what was going on most of the time, anyway. 

The part with Melisandre at the end of the episode made no sense.

What exactly was Bran doing the whole time?? Couldn't he have just told Theon to wait a bit instead of charging at the Night King?

This episode just left me with many questions.

Just now, Visenya Stark said:

What exactly was Bran doing the whole time?? Couldn't he have just told Theon to wait a bit instead of charging at the Night King?

You're signature contains all the answers to your questions.

Just now, Corvinus said:

I don't disagree with you. I'm just feeling dejected by this cluster fuck.

Well, quite honestly, within the show setting this was actually pretty good. It was a twist, was it not? And that's all they can, doing unexpected things, right? And the Terminator Lich King was never going to be defeated in an open battle. So who was there to outmaneuver, sneak up to, or trick him? Arya. It was either she or Bran himself - hoped for the latter, him using the dagger in the last moment, but they went down that road.

And why not? They never gave a damn about the prophecy stuff from George. Why should they do in the end? Why did anyone ever assume the ending would even be remotely like the books if there is no fucking Lich King in the books, and thus no chance for the slaying of a big bad?

5 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

I thought all of the Arya moments were cool.

I had a problem with Sansa. Like seriously? We have spent seasons getting Sansa to the point where she can be in the exact same position Cersei was in during the Battle of the Blackwater and chose to be the exact opposite of Cersei.

I blame that on D&D. They cannot for the life of them write Sansa well. I think if GRRM was writing this episode, it would be very different IMO.

Will they even explain why the NK wanted the three-eyed-raven? what was Bran's plan by serving as bait, for sure they knew they would all die trying to protect him out there in the open? did he know Arya was coming? why this plan sound so damn stupid? it's on the same level as sending Jon to north of The Wall to catch a wight so they can convince Cersei. 

So, while there were some good visuals, most of it was too dark to see, all those millions wasted by a crazed desire to shoot things that look like 'natural' light, umkay.  It's entertainment, I'd like to see the actors and action.  

This was a pretty bad episode, even not counting sidelining Jon and Dany and having Arya kill the NK, and it turning out he really was Sauron, no plan, no agenda, just evil evil evil and once you kill him, his army disappears.  Seriously?  That is so bad.

Arya killing the NK I guess could have worked if we had seen her pouring over some books in the library to find a way to beat her enemy or something more profound than hey, the ninja assassin assassinated the enemy. 

What was the point of Jon's parents then?  If there is no prophecy or prince and all of that was pointless?

And now we got three episodes of Cersei and the dred pirate Euron.

It was dark (literally, a bunch of who is that? what's he doing? cuts), dull, and disjointed. There was no overall story, and the detours were jarring.

At some point the story became all about Arya, Ninja Turtle... then they only checked back on the others to set up her ultimate ninja move.

So, Winterfells walls shrunk.... Why dig a 3 foot trench so that a few Weights can lay over and smother the flames!? Whats jons purpose!? Why did nobody die in such a hopeless situation? Arya has Time/Space magic? Why did Melisandre not even attempt to see Jon... Like that whole thing made no sense. smh I loved how it started, but it really really suffered from lack of Book direction.

2 minutes ago, Visenya Stark said:

Did anything ever make sense with Mel in the show? I found that not so bad. Her job is done, she is some old crone masquerading as a hot lady for no reason that was ever established and she has deserved her rest.

Have to say I very much liked the fire/ice symbolism in that episode, despite myself. And the lighting. But nothing else. And I feel, well, confident that George is also going to fuck very hard with the dragons and their riders by giving them the mother of all blizzards. That's going to be fun.

1 minute ago, Nami said:

Will they even explain why the NK wanted the three-eyed-raven? what was Bran's plan by serving as bait, for sure they knew they would all die trying to protect him out there in the open? did he know Arya was coming? why this plan sound so damn stupid? it's on the same level as sending Jon to north of The Wall to catch a wight so they can convince Cersei. 

They already did. Last episode. Do you think you would ever get more explanation than that. And didn't you see how how Bran and the Lich King's face were telling the entire story? What other explanation could you want or need? JUST LOOK AT THE FACE! Where is @The Dragon Demands when you need him.

I wouldn't even know where to begin. The whole episode was a cluster fuck of stupid after stupid. The entire battle plan and battle made no sense whatsoever. I'd need to write a giant essay on that alone. Bran as usual was completely and utterly useless. He couldn't have told anyone to hide quickly, knowing Arya would come? Poor Theon. Just like with Ned Umber, this useless all-seeing character let you die for no reason. Dany and Jon were also completely useless this episode. Lyanna Mormont, the girl, should have listened to her cousin, the man, about not fighting. Well she insulted Jon in the Premiere, she had to die, the more gruesome the better because how dare she.

"Jon Snow has always been the hero and savior" LOL WHAT? Hey D&D I think you mean Stannis. Or LF/Sansa. Or Arya. What kind of crack are you smoking to not remember your own show? Especially the part where he had a hand in the destruction of the freaking wall which cause the deaths of thousands. You morons.

One thing that bothered the fuck outta me was the lack of a commander on the battlefield. how is this even possible?

D&D don't know how medieval battles worked? I mean, jfc, Jon should have been there. But for some reason everyone knew what to do, and in order too. First the dothraki, then trebuchet, then unsullied...

Just now, Jabar of House Titan said:

I don't get it.

Sansa is not a difficult character to write for at all...

D&D can't write any female character who doesn't reject traditional femininity or doesn't have aspects of masculinity, using sexuality manipulatively, or being snarky, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like that Sansa shows her wits more now but she's never been the character who is so outright snarky and snide and it shows a lot that D&D write this supposedly "strong" Sansa as someone who is snarky, snide, and dresses like a goth dominatrix versus the Sansa who is smarter than she lets on, observes and learns, doesn't embody snarkiness and actually uses courtesies and whatnot as armor, and is becoming a player in her own right without having to take on any of those above listed attributes.

The Night is Dark and Full of I Can't See Anything.

Seriously I thought the battle against the dead would last 2 episodes at the least.

So, the White Walkers and his wight groupies all died or got destroyed, unsure about the nomenclature, without even passing The Neck. All this talk about how the dead will destroy the entire world and most of the southerners will not even get to see one of them. I bet the maesters in the Citadel are saying "All this talk about Night Kings and White Walkers and nothing happened. Northerners and their fantasies, hahaha."

I hope Cersei says to Dany, "So I guess you didn't need my help after all!"

Seriously, the Night King should have just starved them out.

Just now, Nami said:

One thing that bothered the fuck outta me was the lack of a commander on the battlefield. how is this even possible?

D&D don't know how medieval battles worked? I mean, jfc, Jon should have been there. But for some reason everyone knew what to do, and in order too. First the dothraki, then trebuchet, then unsullied...

As someone said in another thread, yeah how many medieval battles against zombies do you know didn't have a battlefield commander?!

Cool and enjoyable battle scene but also disappointed (but not surprised) that we got literally zero closure on the Night's King, the White Walkers, or anything to do with that side of the story. Just, lolz hero moment for Arya and now the story will wrap up with a battle with Cersei for the Iron Throne, despite the fact that the entire theme of this series was supposed to be that the petty political squabbles of man are moot next to the greater challenge that everyone ignores. I really thought we'd get some insight into the connection between the Night's King and Bran during their pseudo confrontation. But nope. Just a Cool Badass Arya Moment. Meh.

Just now, Lord Godric said:

As someone said in another thread, yeah how many medieval battles against zombies do you know didn't have a battlefield commander?!

You're in the rant and rave thread trying to start a debate? we don't do this here

It is stupid to not have a commander in the battlefield especially because they tried to show how coordinated they were. Who was giving the orders??

Archived