Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Lady Fevre Dream

3 minutes ago, shameeka said:

I hope Cersei says to Dany, "So I guess you didn't need my help after all!"

Cersei just continues to be the smartest of them all. Her plan was the only one that paid off. I'm laughing hysterically over here. She didn't send her troops North. Her thinking last Season was 'either the good guys win but loose most of their forces so less to deal with for me' or 'NK kills them all in which case I'm screwed along with everyone else'. And the first option is exactly what happened.

6 minutes ago, Nami said:

You're in the rant and rave thread trying to start a debate? we don't do this here

It is stupid to not have a commander in the battlefield especially because they tried to show how coordinated they were. Who was giving the orders??

Honestly, I found the idea that people do actually fight against a zombie army in proper 'battle formation' ridiculous. The Unsullied might do that, but anybody else? Not a chance. 

So much to rant and rave about, and people have done a pretty good job of calling it out. One additional thing that pisses me off about the AOTD being defeated so completely is that the rest of Westeros has NO IDEA what happened. No real way for Danny to gather approval and support from houses that don't see her as a rightful Queen. 

I know I'm spoiled and hoping for a lot. I think a cool, yet possible way to make the NK's Arc more powerful, yet still win this battle would've been to have: 

* Dragons burn the field of battle after they retreated into the castle, to ensure the living that died this episode couldn't be risen. I mean, Jon was at Hardhome and knew this would happen!

* One on one battles with a bunch of the main characters killing all of the Crastor children, thus thinning the ranks of the dead. 

* Killing zombie Viserion. 

* Retreating South to another Castle while the living dragons provided cover.

* Rally more houses in a fighting withdrawal to KL, as the NK pursued, with him killing Innocents along the way to replenish his ranks. 

This way there Night King is still a threat, and the living could see Danny as a hero and not s foreign invader. 

Yooooooo what the fuck was that?

Apparently, there was no plan. Legitmately, shit made no sense from start to finish.

So, did Melissandre pass the Night King and all his armies on the way to Winterfell? Like, where the fuck did she come from?

Grey Worm and the Unsullied are the only competent people in Winterfell.

OMFG what the fuck was that Dany and Jon shit? Yeah, at first them being disoriented by the blizzard was cool as hell but as they pointed out 20 mintues later they were literally right fucking there at Winterfell? How the fuck could they get lost?

What was the point of Bran doing that raven shit? At first I thought he was trying to warg into the Ice Dragon (hence why it was trippin so hard in Winterfell) but apparently he didn't do anything but see how the battle was going? He could have just sat there the whole time and done nothing, and the result would be the same.

What is Sansa talking about they can't do anything? Wasn't Sansa the one who outfitted their armor? Weren't the women the ones who sewed clothes, etc.,? Legitimately, 14 year old Sansa in Blackwater keeping everyone's spirits up with the hymn was more inspirational than defeated Sansa whose dejected cuz she's in the crypt with the "useless" people.

Uh, so, like, are they trying to build a romance between Tyrion and Sansa? That little joke was a good laugh at first but then Sansa is talking about "it would never work" like we're actually supposed to take this shit seriously? And that kiss on the hand in the crypt scene when Tyrion wasn't even close to Sansa like that? 

Yoooooo, they stole that Arya shit straight out of Metal Gear Solid what the fuck. Shit was absolute nonsense, now the wights can hear blood drip but apparently Arya can crawl out from under a table and get to another hidden area in 2 seconds without making a sound? 

How did Beric get stabbed all those times yet was still able to walk and outrun all those super fast White Walkers?

The Lyanna Mormont scene was disgusting and compounded by the fact that it was illogical. There was no reason her advisors would ever let their 10 year old last surviving heir stay on the battlefield regardless of gender. 

Why didn't Drogon come back after he shook the WW's off?

Why didn't Rhaegal get up and help Jon since he wasn't dead or even injured? Why didn't he help his own mother Daenarys?

So many last minute saves done purely for pitiful "dramatic" effect and nothing else. The "Melisandre's fire powers don't work til the last minute cuz a white walkers in her face" the "Dany burning the WW that are bout to kill Jon yet somehow miss Jon even those he's inches away" the "Sam living and Ed dying cuz he saved him at the last minute".

And of course, the most bullshit, the most hilariously ridiculous last minute save of all Arya, escaping the barred shut room , bypassing all the other white walkers in the castle (when Jon could barely make it past the courtyard), bypassing the entire Night King posse of intelligent leaders, bypassing all the white walkers surrounding the NK posse and NK, and somehow, some way, jumping off of something to jump onto the NK (with none of the WW or NK posse or even NK noticing even though he noticed Jon and Dany coming 20 feet away), and one hit k.o. 

Fuckign hilarious that the dragons did about 7% of the fight, the Unsullied did about 58%, Jaime, Brienne, and nem did about 20%, Melissandre did about 14%, and Arya did about 1% but she had the most important 1% of all. 

So, that's all folks. An entire series worth of buildup, one episode to deafeat the NK, three episodes to defeat Cersei.  Not even 3 episodes for NK or WW because the last two episodes were filler and reunions, with apprarently no plan or preperation in sight. 

And now, even though the show should be over next episode cuz all Dany has to do is roll up with her two dragons, burn the shit down, and declare herself Queen, somehow they're gonna take more planning, face more opposition, and put more effort into fighting Cersei and her nonsensical "army" than the an army of the undead? Absolutely pathetic writing.

They really ruined Game of Thrones.

Three more episodes of Gendry and Arya "romance", Jon sulky face and Dany acting the badass, oh, and Sansa being bitchy for no reason.

Cersei's plan ended up right btw, because they defeated the army of the dead for her while she stayed in KL drinking her wine. Dany&Jon lost half of their forces to this battle. They are more weakened. Yes Dany has two weapons of mass destruction but still, I bet Cersei is prepared to deal with those dragons too.

Ugh.

So much... I just want to add on since I think most things have been covered, why the shit does killing the night king kill the other white walkers?  I thought they were supposed to be their own species that created the wights, not just one being (NK) in a whole species and when he dies his whole species dies too.  That just makes that ending even more pathetic.  Way to typical and not at all living up to how GoT has been. 

At least have Arya useless her faceless abilities and appear to be a white walker or something to reach the NK, that was just ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, Bud RR Martin said:

I enjoyed the episode, but I also think Lord of the Rings would have been better if Sauron had been killed before the Balrog.

Seriously, we 3 episodes to resolve the Cersei plot!?

It's funny you mention that. One of the things that makes LoTR (books and movies) great is the belief that the villains might actually be powerful enough to defeat the heroes.

Granted, the undead army in LoTR was deus ex machina. But Frodo's struggle to destroy the ring after the Lich King was defeated really made the audience feel how much Frodo and Sam had to sacrifice to get there in the end. The viewer actually thought that Frodo could repeat Isildur's error and walk out of Mt Doom with his ring, leading to the whole cycle beginning again.

The problem with how the Night King was handled in the TV series is, despite the long build up of his powers and how big a threat he is, his army was defeated in a single battle, in a single episode, by a seeming oversight (always have someone watching your back!) and it is a very unfulling resolution to his story. It is not a satisfying resolution to his story. Whether it was Arya that killed him, or Jon, or Dany, the whole idea of someone suddenly sneaking up on him and killing him is a huge anticlimax.

I have more than a few gripes about this episode but I will stick to the most original, did anyone else have a problem with the white walkers not fighting anyone? weren't there supposed to be at least 97 of them left? They all acted as bodyguards in the end for the Nightking? I was under the impression that the Valyrian steel swords were there specifically to fight them and their weapons that can shatter conventional swords

11 minutes ago, jdawg011 said:

At least have Arya useless her faceless abilities and appear to be a white walker or something to reach the NK, that was just ridiculous.

Yes, even a zombies face, Something to be hidden! Otherwise what? She just strolled through and No one noticed At all? 

It's pretty obvious that they killed the night king and white walkers off because D&D don't wanna have to budget to have them be in more of the season.

I was entertained but at this point I can just tell everything is gonna magically work out. Jon and Cersei are gonna both sit on the iron throne and the only other characters to die will be cersei and Euron who are just cartoon villains at this point 

11 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

I have more than a few gripes about this episode but I will stick to the most original, did anyone else have a problem with the white walkers not fighting anyone? weren't there supposed to be at least 97 of them left? They all acted as bodyguards in the end for the Nightking? I was under the impression that the Valyrian steel swords were there specifically to fight them and their weapons that can shatter conventional swords

Because that would cost more money. The producers are done with this series and ready to make Star Wars

8 minutes ago, One-Eyed Raven said:

On a more hopeful note, it's Sansa's time to shine as a community organizer. Someone needs to deal with that mountain of corpses besides any remaining Unsullied. They've had about enough of this bullshit.

Probably not going to happen. Under Cogman (ala episode 8x02), maybe. Under D&D? Hell no.

14 minutes ago, FireWinds said:

Yes, even a zombies face, Something to be hidden! Otherwise what? She just strolled through and No one noticed At all? 

It looked like she fell from the sky though. Like she catapulted herself there. It was horrible.

3 minutes ago, Nami said:

It looked like she fell from the sky though. Like she catapulted herself there. It was horrible.

It was laughable. And she's fine! So Bran and Jon who have been fighting the NK one way or another for so long, are emotionally and physically devastated.

Arya catapults out of nowhere, solves everything in an instant, and she's fine! Ready for more ninja turtle action! What's she going to solve next?

Archived