Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Lady Fevre Dream

I know a few people call Arya Wolverine, but maybe she’s really Nightcrawler and Bamfed her way behind the NK. 

But seriously I think if they were going to have Arya do it she should’ve died with him. Way more impactful and at least a meaningful surprise death.

From a cinematographic perspective it was a great episode except for the absence of any light. I had to turn up the brightness of the TV all the way up.

However, plot wise it did not make any sense. Charging a horde on open battle field? What kind of tactics is that?

Also the whole WW plot turned out to be a joke. That is all it needs to end the long night? - put dragon glass in their leader? It was such a let down. So all the prophesies do not mean anything?

I hope and pray that this is not how it is going to end in the books.

From what I can infer D&D do not like the fantasy element much and is more interested in the political drama surrounding the IT. That completely against the spirit of the books.

Question: The wights inside the crypts - Did they come from the outside or were they reanimated corps that were burried in the crypts. It it is the later, then the everyone in the crypts deserved to die. I mean every fan here were asking wondering if the bodies in the crypts might wake up once the WW are here. But none of the characters thought or even doubted. I mean we have the two contenders for the 'World's Smartest Person' award in the Winterfell and neither of them thought of this?

The whole episode was plagued by hollywood cliches. 

I'm actually kind of glad they've already wrapped up what everyone considered the ultimate plot point of the series, they've been dropping the ball on the political front for years so I'm excited to see what shlock comes next, I hope we get another scene of armies travelling on ships will all the soldiers on board standing in lines staring directly forward motionless. 

1 hour ago, Steelborn said:

The fuck did Bran do when he warged? I couldn't see it. He didn't even report back whatever he saw to help the living neither did he warg a dragon or anything to do some harm to the NK when they were fighting Jon and Dany out in the open. Which brings me to Theon's death cause it was so useless. Can't the 3-eyed raven see evrything, couldn't he just say wait "3 minutes behind the tree pal" or something. 

Theon committed suicide, basically, because he couldn't run away or hide in the tree and leave Bran alone. Even if it was only for three minutes. 

Bran to the best of my knowledge used the birds to alert the Night King to his location. 

1 hour ago, Hound's She-wolf said:

At least the music was good because the entire rest of the episode was shit.  Oh, Lyanna Mormont going out like a badass was another bright spot,. I can't even write a complete sentence because there is just too much to rant about with this episode.

Lady Bear getting swatted by a zombie giant was hilarious, and I wish she died from that. 

They can still build up their ranks somewhat. They have dragons, wolves, arya, and they can still call upon House Reed, House Glover, The riverlands....the ironborn....etc etc...yea those armies have seen their numbers decreased but you dont need much when you have dragons and assassins like arya who can change her face to whoever she wants...all to fight normal beings now and not the undead.

6 minutes ago, athmystikal said:

Question: The wights inside the crypts - Did they come from the outside or were they reanimated corps that were burried in the crypts. It it is the later, then the everyone in the crypts deserved to die. I mean every fan here were asking wondering if the bodies in the crypts might wake up once the WW are here. But none of the characters thought or even doubted. I mean we have the two contenders for the 'World's Smartest Person' award in the Winterfell and neither of them thought of this?

The wights in the crypts broke out of the sarcophagi. You see a bony hand smash its way out of one behind Gilly.

1 minute ago, athmystikal said:

Aren't the wights supposed to be extremely slow? The ones in this Ep were like Usain Bolt clones. Also since when do wights can be killed by stabbing them? AFAIK they can only be killed by fire.

it depends on the wight. It seems the skeletal ones that have been long dead are fast as hell and the more recent dead one's are slower.

1 minute ago, athmystikal said:

Aren't the wights supposed to be extremely slow? The ones in this Ep were like Usain Bolt clones. Also since when do wights can be killed by stabbing them? AFAIK they can only be killed by fire.

The zombies go as fast as the White Walkers want them to. They were frenetic at Hardhome. This episode, they pushed forward like a wave in the sea, stood stock still, or moved !like regular people based on the need of the moment. 

2 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

They can still build up their ranks somewhat. They have dragons, wolves, arya, and they can still call upon House Reed, House Glover, The riverlands....the ironborn....etc etc...yea those armies have seen their numbers decreased but you dont need much when you have dragons and assassins like arya who can change her face to whoever she wants...all to fight normal beings now and not the undead.

So Cersei, who already has her armies ready, is going to wait for all this marshaling to take place? I guess it will be another giant time jump.

Just now, of man and wolf said:

Arya killed every Frey in existence on her own, they'll need a hack TV script writer extraordinaire to weasel their way out of that one. 

6 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

So Cersei, who already has her armies ready, is going to wait for all this marshaling to take place? I guess it will be another giant time jump.

well it's not like she's going on the offensive. The smart thing to do now would be to go offense but she's gonna stay back and let them come to her. Apparently.

Archived