Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Lady Fevre Dream

4 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

The original scene with Mel giving the eye quote to Arya is in a different order.  Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes.  Which makes sense IF Arya is the one to kill Cersei.  If not, it's just a sloppy call back.  Damn, Arya has just become EVERYONE instead of NO ONE.  She's Lady Stoneheart, Lord Manderly the Maker of Frey Pies, and now.....TPTWP and/or Azor Ahai?  I love Arya, but damn.......she doesn't have to be EVERYONE!!

Here's' the clip of Mel saying the eye color in a different order in season 3?  It's all over the net already. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc7Oe7e08pU

It's a dumpster fire for sure, don't forget she may be the Valonqar aswell

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I do think the children creating them is from George.  The showrunners would never have thought of something so clever, and that's why the end feels so underwhelming and unearned. 

I did think the Children creating them was basically confirmed by George as well, it's been awhile and I'd have to do research, but I'm pretty sure it was a basic confirmation on that point as well.  As basic as it can get with this, anyway.  Same on something with Hold The Door for Hodor.  Those words are where his name comes from, right? 

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I do think the children creating them is from George.  The showrunners would never have thought of something so clever, and that's why the end feels so underwhelming and unearned. 

The problem then is how are more ww made?

Because the NK touches some babies (why only some?) and they become ww is kind of nonsense!

Another thing that wasn t explained! Why aren t there more ww? Do people need something special to become a ww?

5 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Yep. This has to be a huge letdown to lots of theorists. All the theories about the crypts holding the secrets to defeating winter. All the references and scenes they did throughout this season. And in the end, nothing. Just some completely implausible scenes with dead corpses that should be ash and dust by now somehow busting through stone tombs when a wooden box kept them contained in the past.

I loved how at least one of the those Stark Crypt Keepers had a big ole furry Stark like cloak on.  LOLOL 

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I did think the Children creating them was basically confirmed by George as well, it's been awhile and I'd have to do research, but I'm pretty sure it was a basic confirmation on that point as well.  As basic as it can get with this, anyway.  Same on something with Hold The Door for Hodor.  Those words are where his name comes from, right? 

David Benioff is on the behind the scenes video saying Dickon is Samwell Tarleys older brother for petes sake. That is how out of their depth these clowns are. I wouldn't be surprised if they have been reading all the criticism for years and are now tanking the show on purpose to piss off all of us book purests. They have their status now as Hollywood producers and screenwriters what do they care.

4 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

yep. And shireen burning is also confirmed

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

FM are supposed to be great at stealth, so her showing up as a surprise is okay I guess, but it is unsatisfying because it feels so unearned, and it makes both Jon and Dany in the end superfluous to the battle against the dead.  All of Jons ranting about needing every man, nope, wrong.  Dany sacrificing her armies and a dragon, nope, wrong.  All they needed is a good FM to do the job.  It undercuts so much of the story that has been built up, only for the sake of a twist and Arya fan service.

I just made a post about this, she didn't even use stealth. She just ran real fast. I don't mind her doing the deed, I just mind how poorly executed it was.

31 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

That's another thing!!!

The designs. The circles.

game-of-thrones-spoils-of-war-details-wh

Callback-Days-First-Men.gif

What-Does-Fire-Spiral-Symbol-Game-Throne

2016-06-07.jpg

tumblr_ln54wuqlwv1qjyni8o1_500.jpg

game-of-thrones-symbols-cave.png?w=685

House-Targaryen-heraldry.jpgHouse-Targaryen-heraldry.jpg

Yet.....nothing.

Yes! We get drawings from S01E01 and then even this season in E01. And yet, what now? The whole idea of an explanation is up in smoke. 

Meaningless absurdity.

1 hour ago, Ice Queen said:

No, Melisandre says specifically in the books that the wights can be killed with steel.

Book-Mel knows less than Jon on these creatures. As usual book-Mel doing her pep talk.

24 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

And it turns out, Cersei was right to betray them and save her army.  Okay then.  Dany should have stayed on Dragonstone with her armies as well.  All they needed was Arya and her mad assassin skills.  Could have saved tens of thousands of lives there.

Oh, what happened to the wildling army?  Where are they?  Dead?  It didn't seem like Tormond is leading anyone anymore?

Stannis' mercenaries are still wandering round in the snow somewhere, as well.

Just now, divica said:

Will she also kill the mountain?

You know in all seriousness I would've been ok with Arya having all the badass scenes she needs in relation to Cersei even if she removes the mountain aka Robert Strong and denies us Cleganebowl because they changed the mountain so many times on the show there really isn't anything organic there between the two brothers but to have them completely remove Jon's purpose in the story is unforgivable. It was pure fanservice to the female audience.

7 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

And I actually believed that the CotF were needed to kill them too. And having them would have perhaps given the explanation to all the drawings and the reason the WW existed.

1 minute ago, darksellsword said:

David Benioff is on the behind the scenes video saying Dickon is Samwell Tarleys older brother for petes sake. That is how out of their depth these clowns are. I wouldn't be surprised if they have been reading all the criticism for years and are now tanking the show on purpose to piss off all of us book purests. They have their status now as Hollywood producers and screenwriters what do they care.

At this point this isn t about book purism.

It is just bad tv. They don t even respect what they have said in their show! The AA/ptwp is a thing in got. People having huge reactions about r+l=j is human nature! People wanting to know why it is thought that lyanna was kidnaped and raped is logical! People wanting to know why the ww are atacking now is obvious. Why only some people are made ww? How were they defeated before? And a bunch of other crap!

19 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It seems like, reading the cast interviews, they simply thought that Arya killing the NK instead of Jon would be a GOT type 'surprise' twist.  Which I guess it is, but it's unearned, it doesn't fit with the story that had been laid down about magic or king's blood, or anything really.  And, it wouldn't have been a bad idea if all these battle hardened generals had at least discussed how to use the skills of a faceless man in the battle, but no one ever says word one about it. 

It seems nobody understand the concept of earned surprised.  This is the same as the TLJ nonesense in SW, any hack can come up with a surprise that comes out of nowhere and isn't setup which surprises people.  But those types of surprises are totally unsatisfying. The genius is to set it up and still have it come as a surprise, that was the brilliance of something like the Red Wedding, in retrospect all the signs were there, but it still surprises you anyway when it happens.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think @sweetsunray was talking about the speed of the wights on crack that we first saw in the ep HH.

No, I also meant dragonglass and steel. All steel can do is chop them up in little bitty pieces that still keep moving. Burning or cracking bone marrow - that stops them from being animated.

3 minutes ago, divica said:

yep. And shireen burning is also confirmed

Yes, Shireen burning is confirmed, what is not is the exact manner and the person or persons that do it.  It seems a hard call to reunite those characters in the books right now.  They lack a certain LF jet pack as well as other transporter equipment.  I'm aware of how the Ds are slippery with their words.  I thought the confirmation of the White Walker origin was done in more clarifying manner than the yeah, when George told us Shireen burns thing, it's just been so long since I read anything on that.

2 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

It seems nobody understand the concept of earned surprised.  This is the same as the TLJ nonesense in SW, any hack can come up with a surprise that comes out of nowhere and isn't setup which surprises people.  But those types of surprises are totally unsatisfying. The genius is to set it up and still have it come as a surprise, that was the brilliance of something like the Red Wedding, in retrospect all the signs were there, but it still surprises you anyway when it happens.

And that was clever plotting, which D&D are just incapable of.

Archived