Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Lady Fevre Dream

26 minutes ago, Ninerings said:

I appreciate your understanding of the thread. And you aren't debating in my opinion, so I will give you this...

The Dothraki are NOT heavy, armored cavalry. They are light at the loosest term of the word. They wear no armor, and use speed, light weapons and bows against humans that are fearful when being overrun. They are to be used as flank during a heavy engagement to pick away at the stragglers as the infantry does the brunt of engagement. Not like a true heavy brigade made to crush the front of a scouted enemy. You know, numbers, strengths, weaknesses, etc. None of this was employed by the "good guys". 

Not  only has it been established early that it took a dire wolf and  a whole lot of fire that fucked up Jon to drop the wight at Jeor's doorstep. Cutting him with a sword did nothing. But it was very clear that this was just a chance to make a shot with the torches going out. Pretty cool image to be fair. But even if one or to of them connected with their arakhs, then we should have seen a flame or two of the corpse they lit. 

Oh, and the thing that has been bugging me all day: people wondering what Bran was doing skin changing into the Raven flock. It was obviously to set up a cool sweeping cinematic shot of the battle. Period. 

I disagree with the Bran part.  The Bran thing was known since last episode.  He was to lure the NK into the godswood.  That was the plan ALL along.  I don't know why so many missed this.  Yes, the episode is very disappointing from almost every aspect when it comes to the lore, however, the plan for the battle from the get go was to get the NK to come into the godswood.  They achieved that.  He warged into the crows and went up to the NK so that the NK could find his position.  Hence, why he was reaching when the ravens got close to him.  Bran was marked, so when he wargs or is the weirwood network the NK can find him.

I'm finally getting around to reading the Concourse article about Cersei being right, as well as smarter than all those morons fighting the dead, and I think I've found my favorite quote:

Cersei was right; her take on the fight against the embodiment of death itself, which amounted to, “I dunno, call me when it gets to Harrenhal,” was the right one.

LOL  It could be me trying to imagine Cersei saying "I dunno" 

bringing the link forward in case, like me, anyone is having trouble keeping track of all the fun articles out there. 

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/cersei-lannister-is-smarter-than-all-these-morons-1834386681

14 minutes ago, divica said:

Actually last ep bran says that the NK always knows where he is because of the mark. There is no need to warg…

Yes, he knows where Bran is at all times if he is warging or connected to the network as that is what the three eyed raven is always doing.  However, if he isn't warging I don't believe he knows exactly where he is.  He may have an idea but not know where.

8 minutes ago, W1NT3RF3LL said:

Yes, he knows where Bran is at all times if he is warging or connected to the network as that is what the three eyed raven is always doing.  However, if he isn't warging I don't believe he knows exactly where he is.  He may have an idea but not know where.

There is a diference between what you imagine and what the characters actually say.

I have no idea if what you are saying is true, but it isn t what is said the show… Therefore at this point is just your imagination.

11 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I'm finally getting around to reading the Concourse article about Cersei being right, as well as smarter than all those morons fighting the dead, and I think I've found my favorite quote:

Cersei was right; her take on the fight against the embodiment of death itself, which amounted to, “I dunno, call me when it gets to Harrenhal,” was the right one.

bringing the link forward in case, like me, anyone is having trouble keeping track of all the fun articles out there. 

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/cersei-lannister-is-smarter-than-all-these-morons-1834386681

They could have used these eps to at least build up the possibility of cersei being a credible threat. Like giving her a way to keep the dragons out of the battle and soldiers we actually care about.

I mean, we just spent 80 min seeing the main characters killing a bunch of meaningless zombies and now we will spend another 80 min seeing them killing a bunch o meaningless extras? Why do we even care?

59 minutes ago, Ninerings said:

I appreciate your understanding of the thread. And you aren't debating in my opinion, so I will give you this...

The Dothraki are NOT heavy, armored cavalry. They are light at the loosest term of the word. They wear no armor, and use speed, light weapons and bows against humans that are fearful when being overrun. They are to be used as flank during a heavy engagement to pick away at the stragglers as the infantry does the brunt of engagement. Not like a true heavy brigade made to crush the front of a scouted enemy. You know, numbers, strengths, weaknesses, etc. None of this was employed by the "good guys". 

Not  only has it been established early that it took a dire wolf and  a whole lot of fire that fucked up Jon to drop the wight at Jeor's doorstep. Cutting him with a sword did nothing. But it was very clear that this was just a chance to make a shot with the torches going out. Pretty cool image to be fair. But even if one or to of them connected with their arakhs, then we should have seen a flame or two of the corpse they lit. 

Oh, and the thing that has been bugging me all day: people wondering what Bran was doing skin changing into the Raven flock. It was obviously to set up a cool sweeping cinematic shot of the battle. Period. 

Medieval battles in movies like to show cavalry charges up the middle. Especially since Braveheart.

I didn't think the show could top Ramsay and Davos sending their horses after eachother, then a corpse wall appearing out of nowhere. But extincting the Dothraki species by rushing it headlong into the darkness when the entire purpose of the battle was to lure the Night King and bide time until he can walk into the trap? That is megastupid. 

25 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Think, however. Cersei being right relied upon Arya teleporting and stabbing the Night King in the exact right spot she didn't even know existed. Plus, Danny still has two dragons. 

Anyway, Cersei's involvement would have been expendable soldiers who made no difference. So what does it matter if she was right? The one and only benefit would be having the armistice give her a chance to surprise Jon and Danny with the Golden Company. But that would have been a surprise either way. 

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

And sadly, everything IS fine, it was another record breaker audience.  It seems like the reviews were mixed leaning positive, but I haven't read that many, I don't care anymore.  I  have no doubt that the show's final audience will be huge, but, I think it's due for a massive re evaluation and downgrade within a year or so.

Of course, the audience has nothing to do with the quality of the show, except insofar as later viewers were encouraged to see it by positive reviews. In this case everyone knew it was the Big Battle episode, and didn't need to be told kewl things would happen. 

Subsequent ratings will be informed by how well the episode was received, as well as future regard for the Game of Thrones series. For instance, Diznee Star Wars got trouble after Last Jedi, though Last Jedi was a hit. Because people needed to see how bad it was to decide they weren't as interested in seeing more Star Wars.

7 minutes ago, darmody said:

Of course, the audience has nothing to do with the quality of the show, except insofar as later viewers were encouraged to see it by positive reviews. In this case everyone knew it was the Big Battle episode, and didn't need to be told kewl things would happen. 

Subsequent ratings will be informed by how well the episode was received, as well as future regard for the Game of Thrones series. For instance, Diznee Star Wars got trouble after Last Jedi, though Last Jedi was a hit. Because people needed to see how bad it was to decide they weren't as interested in seeing more Star Wars.

GOT only has three episodes left, it's not going to see any drop off, whether there is a small, medium or large sized portion of the audience that felt the ending of the NK and his war was underwhelming.  I don't feel the show is very rewatchable after season 4, and a bad ending would make it even less so, so a good ending that fans appreciate will go a long way toward the show's posterity.

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

GOT only has three episodes left, it's not going to see any drop off, whether there is a small, medium or large sized portion of the audience that felt the ending of the NK and his war was underwhelming.  I don't feel the show is very rewatchable after season 4, and a bad ending would make it even less so, so a good ending that fans appreciate will go a long way toward the show's posterity.

After this ep I don t know if the finale is that important. They handled the army of the dead too bad. If someone rewatches the series there will tons of moments that will feel completly useless because the show didn t deliver.

I don t think anyone will ever be able to rewatch bran's story about how he becomes the 3er given how useless he is. Jon, stannis and the wildlings will also feel cheap. And when we reach season 7 and we hear jon talking about the army of the dead nobody will ever take him seriously.

The series is ruined. The finale will just decide how much ruined it is.

Did anyone watch the inside the episode?

They said many things that should piss everyone off-

Said they let the NK survive Dragon Fire cause it "looked cool"

Let Arya beat the NK cause it was unexpected

Said You decide, in regards to how the NK died to a Valyrian dagger, but not dragon fire....

NK died to Valyrian steel, and Arya had to hit the exact spot the dragonglass was stuck in the NK, and she did it. Yet this detail wasnt explained in the show proper, and basically is superfluous information we didnt need.

This is the kind of amateur stuff we have to deal with. They are clear con artists that conned GRRM telling him they will tell his story.

Seriously people yall need to calm down. This is TV for christs sakes not the books. How many of yall thought it was the most stupidest thing ever when Starks got killed at the red wedding? How many of yall thought it was the end and that Robb was destined to win it all? Yall still watched it and new stuff happened after. For gods sake we have 3 episodes left each 1 hour and 30 minute which is equal to about 5 episodes based on average 50 min last few episodes. Give them a freaking chance to finish the season before yall rant and rage about not wanting to watch anymore and how everything is screwed up.

2 minutes ago, Kyrion said:

Did anyone watch the inside the episode?

They said many things that should piss everyone off-

Said they let the NK survive Dragon Fire cause it "looked cool"

Let Arya beat the NK cause it was unexpected

Said You decide, in regards to how the NK died to a Valyrian dagger, but not dragon fire....

NK died to Valyrian steel, and Arya had to hit the exact spot the dragonglass was stuck in the NK, and she did it. Yet this detail wasnt explained in the show proper, and basically is superfluous information we didnt need.

This is the kind of amateur stuff we have to deal with. They are clear con artists that conned GRRM telling him they will tell his story.

It would have actually been really really stupid if NK died to dragon fire. All it would have taken is 3 dragons to swarm him before they even cross the wall and shoot fire at him and end it there. 

1 minute ago, D2procon said:

Seriously people yall need to calm down. This is TV for christs sakes not the books. How many of yall thought it was the most stupidest thing ever when Starks got killed at the red wedding? How many of yall thought it was the end and that Robb was destined to win it all? Yall still watched it and new stuff happened after. For gods sake we have 3 episodes left each 1 hour and 30 minute which is equal to about 5 episodes based on average 50 min last few episodes. Give them a freaking chance to finish the season before yall rant and rage about not wanting to watch anymore and how everything is screwed up.

Everything isn't screwed up.

Everything in regards to the plot of the big War for the Dawn got screwed up because the showrunners suck at their

2 minutes ago, D2procon said:

It would have actually been really really stupid if NK died to dragon fire. All it would have taken is 3 dragons to swarm him before they even cross the wall and shoot fire at him and end it there. 

Right because, in the end, all it took for the White Walkers to be defeated was a red priestess inspiring a Faceless Man to take action.

You know what was really really stupid? The NK having his zombie legions take a gigantic chain into the water and pull Viserion's corpse out of it....after it has been repeatedly said and shown that the undead can't cross over or enter bodies of water without some type of bridge

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

No, I think it is deliberate, they had a whole long rationale for the 'natural light' thing wherever I read it, I'd say that is the reason it has never been corrected, it IS an artistic choice, although a bad one, there is surely a way to make candle light look like candle light and still be something visible to the audience, hundreds of other shows and films have managed it.  But, GOT, always going overboard on the wrong stuff, culminating in this botched up waste of everyone's 3 months in a battle too dark to even recognize who is in the shot half the time.

It was obviously deliberate. I thought it was a bold move and brought more mystery to some of the scenes.

It makes you concentrate more, instead of taking it for granted when you see everything in crystal clear HD. 

5 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Everything isn't screwed up.

Everything in regards to the plot of the big War for the Dawn got screwed up because the showrunners suck at their

Right because, in the end, all it took for the White Walkers to be defeated was a red priestess inspiring a Faceless Man to take action.

You know what was really really stupid? The NK having his zombie legions take a gigantic chain into the water and pull Viserion's corpse out of it....after it has been repeatedly said and shown that the undead can't cross over or enter bodies of water without some type of bridge

How are you going to say this before the series even ends man? How do you know there isnt some plot twist. Wait for the series to finish

On 4/29/2019 at 8:41 PM, Orphalesion said:

I thought of something positive to come from all this.
Tonight's episode made me appreciate Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings movies. I always really hated them and thought they trampled on a lot of Tlkien's themes.
But now I realize they were a pretty good adaption. They kept most of the characters and arcs intact as far as possible within the confines of three Hollywood Movies...

......and they didn't hand over the Ring to Merry and Pippin at the last minute to finish the quest.

''My friends....you bow to no one'' as everyone else bows to the hobbits and the hobbits stand tall around everyone else. Signifying that no matter how small or weak you are, you do have a purpose and importance. I was hoping for something of greatness like that....Instead we're getting Michael Bay level of writing. Such a disappointment. Imagine if in Return of the King, Sam was the one killing most of the villains in the trilogy, stealing other peoples thunders and character arcs just to surprise people lol. Just typing that makes me realize how incedibly dumb it is. With just 1 episode, they totally ruined the story.

3 minutes ago, D2procon said:

How are you going to say this before the series even ends man? How do you know there isnt some plot twist. Wait for the series to finish

A plot twist that can rectify the long list of mistakes D&D made in the last two seasons alone?

Oh, okay. I'll wait.

12 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

A plot twist that can rectify the long list of mistakes D&D made in the last two seasons alone?

Oh, okay. I'll wait.

Its a mistake because it doesn't tailor to your expectations? Are you by any chance a book reader?

Archived