Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Lady Fevre Dream

The big shock twist ending they've been holding onto is Cersei wins.  Arya gets to her, taking out the Mountain, her hired troops, Quyburn, any random passer-byes that accidentally looked mildly threatening, and Cersei's wine goblet, only for Cersei to grab her by the throat, catch the dropped knife before it hits Arya's lower hand, and stab Arya before she can react.

Then Jamie will ride in, look at Cersei in confusion, then lay at her feet as she climbs back onto the throne.  Camera pans back to show every other main character laying dead in the throne room, their inconsequential deaths all happening off-screen.  Fade to black.

Its all gone to classic fairy tale now.. gone are the days where if someone made a mistake the paid for it, usually with thier life.  The plot armour is quite strong with our cast now.. Only thing missing is the song and dance musical number needed to solve the princess's problems.. 

Arya killing the NK was completely anti-climatic and made no sense in the narrative. They switched around the something Mel said to Arya in S3 to fit their ending. In S3 Mel says " Brown Eyes, Blue Eyes, Green Eyes" then in this episode they try to switch it around going "Brown Eyes, Green Eyes.....and Blue Eyes" trying to act like that's how she said it back then when she didn't. What Mel said to Arya was foreshadowing the names on her list NOT the NK as much as some people might like to believe it. D&D stated in the after the episode that they came up with Arya killing the NK 3 years ago (2016) which was waaaaaay after S3 even aired (2013).

You could say Jorah is in this same category but Jorah has nothing left to do besides what die fighting against Cersei for Dany? No, Jorah is from the North and seeing him go down against the enemy his father was trying to warn the realm against makes sense.

The battle plan was already a logistical disaster in every aspect before the battle even began cannot believe the writers thought we'd think this is a great plan but to see all these characters die because of terrible writing would of been even more disappointing. One trench? Having your infantry BEHIND your trebuchets?? Having your cavalry charge straight into the enemy at the beginning of the battle instead of waiting and flanking from the sides once the dead met the infantry? How about the best one having ALL your troops and trebuchets IN FRONT of the trenches youre gonna light keeping your troops from having a way to retreat? Not having your archers shooting the dead UNTIL they are about to reach the trench, and once you light the trenches you STOP shooting at the dead that are JUST STANDING THERE?? I'd be saying open fire once the dead started cutting through your infantry at the very least and kept shooting the rest of the battle. If we're saving arrows then i'd def start shooting arrows the moment they are sitting ducks behind the lighten trench. Instead the characters all just sit and STARE at them....

so many problems i could keep going on and on. pure.......laziness and stupidity..... Star Wars fans should be worried. The Last Jedi put Star Wars in the coffin and D&D are about to lay that coffin to rest.

Only way Cersei is even remotely a threat is if they FINALLY give Euron the dragon horn which they should of done back in S6-7 already imo.

19 minutes ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Star Wars fans should be worried. The Last Jedi put Star Wars in the coffin and D&D are about to lay that coffin to rest.

I hear you :-(

It's really frustrating that all the criticism about Arya's character not deserving the Night King kill is being met with "you wouldn't say that if she was a man!"

After watching that same exact thing poison Star Wars fandom for years it's now spread to GOT.

I've also seen a lot of people scoff at the idea that Jon should've fought the NK by saying the NK is basically a god and would be unbeatable in a fight.  Yet the dude is killed by a teenager with a little slight of hand.  Turns out he was kind of a pushover.

I too have run into the idea that the only reason we wouldn't want Arya to kill the Night King is because she's a girl.  I didn't want it to be Arya because it made no sense in the story told so far that someone that barely even registered that the Night King existed should get that kill while Jon, Danny and the other characters that had at least invested SOME time in preparing for him stood around doing nothing.  Or rushing headlong towards death because we need to clean out some cannon fodder.

"What do we say to the god of death?"

"Hurry up and take me to save me from this shitty script."

23 minutes ago, Bear42 said:

It's really frustrating that all the criticism about Arya's character not deserving the Night King kill is being met with "you wouldn't say that if she was a man!"

After watching that same exact thing poison Star Wars fandom for years it's now spread to GOT.

I've also seen a lot of people scoff at the idea that Jon should've fought the NK by saying the NK is basically a god and would be unbeatable in a fight.  Yet the dude is killed by a teenager with a little slight of hand.  Turns out he was kind of a pushover.

He was killed by his arrogance, If he fought Jon he would have beaten him easily, then died due to arrogance, probably when someone else assumed dead stabbed him from behind.

As for what "poisoned" star wars, its not the gender of the hero, it that the guy who controlled "Last Jedi" did a crappy job, and was not being controlled by the studio.  Its problem was the lack of a show runner.

1 minute ago, Dragons Are Real said:

I too have run into the idea that the only reason we wouldn't want Arya to kill the Night King is because she's a girl.  I didn't want it to be Arya because it made no sense in the story told so far that someone that barely even registered that the Night King existed should get that kill while Jon, Danny and the other characters that had at least invested SOME time in preparing for him stood around doing nothing.  Or rushing headlong towards death because we need to clean out some cannon fodder.

"What do we say to the god of death?"

"Hurry up and take me to save me from this shitty script."

What if Harry Potter was Harriette, and the books were telling us that Harriette was the one marked to stop/kill the evil lord Voldemort. But then in the end Herman or even Ron stealthily sneaks up to Voldy and stabs him with the wand killing him. Wow, expectations subverted! Should I be entertained or pissed or both? Should I not question the logic behind the decision that Herman is the one that killed the big baddy with a stab and not a spell? What is the world coming to?

9 minutes ago, Larger than Average Finger said:

He was killed by his arrogance, If he fought Jon he would have beaten him easily, then died due to arrogance, probably when someone else assumed dead stabbed him from behind.

As for what "poisoned" star wars, its not the gender of the hero, it that the guy who controlled "Last Jedi" did a crappy job, and was not being controlled by the studio.  Its problem was the lack of a show runner.

I just don't see why the NK would be so unbeatable in a fight (whether or not it's Jon).  If he didn't have the quickness to avoid Arya's knife drop trick he can't be that formidable.  Objects just don't fall that quickly.  Hold a pen above your head and drop it to your waist, depending on your height that should be about half of a second (almost double the average human reaction time to visual stimulus) and the NK didn't even flinch.  I'm not convinced he would've beaten Sam toe to toe with that molasses in his veins.  It would be a cool way to beat a normal person, but really didn't feel like it should work against the dude that threw an ice spear the better part of a mile to take down a dragon.

4 minutes ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

Remember when bran found out Jon’s true parentage, so Jon could unite realm against the threat of the white walkers...oh wait nevermind. The white walkers never even made it south. All the southerners are probably saying “see! I knew it wasn’t real!”

Logic would dictate nobody in the south will believe the threat was real.  Therefore, the show will have everyone as they travel south praising them until they reach Cersei or her army for saving the realm from the ultimate threat that nobody ever saw a single trace of.

It is known.

10 hours ago, athmystikal said:

Just re-watched the episode and I noticed something. So their plan was to light up the trenches with dragon fire when Davos gave the signal, and it did not work due to lack of visibility. But then they bring Melisandre and made her recite her spells to light up the trench. Couldn't they simply use a normal torch to light it up? and Davos already has two torches.

The Red Witch isn't a literal human torch. I think we're supposed to believe fire magic filled the whole trench.

10 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Or, as Preston Jacobs pointed out in his video, Jon had parked himself on the wall guarding the godswood. Couldn't he have lit the damn trench?

Jon doesn't know how to pronounce "dracarys," despite the blood of High Valyria flowing within hm. Because he knows nothing. 

6 hours ago, divica said:

I think the original leak just said that in ep 6 we had tyrion's trial because he burned KL. Why he burned it was a speculation. 

At this moment I can only see him burning kl if they are loosing the war or if goes insane with revenge when he sees the small folk celebrating the death of his brother

What if they can't get Cersei out of the city without her activating the doomsday device, and Tyrion is like, "Fine, I'll light the wildfire myself," and he has Bronn shoot a flaming arrow from a distance into the exhaust port. 

5 hours ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Is anyone else disapointed that Jon wasn't blasted by the Ice dragon? If he had survived then it may have provided further evidence to Dany (and himself) that he was a "dragon" of the Targ kind after all.

Does yelling at it for no reason count?

45 minutes ago, Dragons Are Real said:

Logic would dictate nobody in the south will believe the threat was real.  Therefore, the show will have everyone as they travel south praising them until they reach Cersei or her army for saving the realm from the ultimate threat that nobody ever saw a single trace of.

It is known.

Oh god...you’re right.

4 hours ago, Madarjeen said:

Perhaps Qyburn accidentally turned Gregor into a new Night King, whom will raise the dead baby in Cersei's womb because she drank too much wine or something.

That might be too gross for Game of Thrones. 

2 hours ago, Bear42 said:

I dunno about "deserve," but we never saw Arya learn 98% of the badassssssss stuff she can do, and she definitely should have died in Braavos. Also, she hasn't really been a character since she came back from Easteros. It's not just that she's not the old Arya I liked. She's nothing. A smirking psychopath who only occasionally has discernably human reactions to anything. 

Put that aside, however. How about some build-up? ANY build-up. Warping irrelevant dialogue from previous seasons doesn't count. How about linking the Faceless Men to the war against the dead and show Arya learning where to stab the Night King? Or just make it look like she actually cares about Bran and will do anything to protect him? Or give her an actual relationship with Melisandre apart from having looked into eachother's eyes once years ago?

Jon met the Night King twice before. They looked eachother in the eye. The Night King taunted him. We've seen Jon kill White Walkers, so we know he knows how. That's build-up. It's not hard. 

Archived