Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Lady Fevre Dream

6 minutes ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

There is a prophecy in Harry Potter that could refer to either Harry or Neville and I kind of always wanted it to be Neville. He does end up killing Voldemort's last Horcrux. I'm not one for heroic ego. Its why I've never gotten on board with the Targaryen exceptionalism this fandom has.

I always loved that Neville swerve.  It gave what was ostensibly a side character a much deserved large victory without having a negative impact on the overarching story or theme.  If the Ds think Arya's victory against the Night King is the same thing with the same conclusion because "the real threat still exists," then they didn't even pay attention to their own show, let alone the theme of the books.

1 hour ago, Dragons Are Real said:

The fact none of us even thought to ask this question tells you how the dumbing down of the story has gotten to us all.  The logical fallacies come so fast and furious that most of us get stuck in the muck twelves layers higher than you were willing to dig down.  

That said, it is utter nonsense that the Night King's touch had absolutely no affect whatsoever on Wolverine, but then again the adamantium skeleton apparently now also applies to the skin.

Yes, she should have dropped after the kill clutching her neck and having troubles breathing at the very least.

Hey, she's got a black eye in the promo photos.  LOL.

17 hours ago, darmody said:

What if they can't get Cersei out of the city without her activating the doomsday device, and Tyrion is like, "Fine, I'll light the wildfire myself," and he has Bronn shoot a flaming arrow from a distance into the exhaust port. 

LOLOLOL  Gawds, I could see the Ds doing something like that. 

17 hours ago, darmody said:

Does yelling at it for no reason count?

Poor Jon, he gets no credit for trying to tame Undead Viserion. 

17 hours ago, Dragons Are Real said:

Logic would dictate nobody in the south will believe the threat was real.  Therefore, the show will have everyone as they travel south praising them until they reach Cersei or her army for saving the realm from the ultimate threat that nobody ever saw a single trace of.

It is known.

16 hours ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

Oh god...you’re right.

Can't you just see Arch Maester Slughorn laughing off the reports, but also mumbling.........hmmm, I wonder what my runaway friend Samwell Tarly would think about that?  Perhaps I should ask him.........someday. 

6 hours ago, divica said:

It is pretty cool. 

It would be even better if Jon and rhaegal had finished viserion after the NK is thrown away... No idea why it didn t happen

It's a damn shame people have to go to such lengths to be able to SEE the damn thing.  I'm thinking of finally doing a rewatch, and I have to say, this scene is one reason why.  Rhaegal was amazing, wasn't he/she?  I still want to go with she, how the hell do they know anyway, for sure?  LOL  I guess I'm going to have to doctor some of my settings and see if it helps.  I loved that last bit of a dragon getting a full grasp on the undead, right as NK was going for the ice spear throw. 

This just reminds me how PISSED OFF I will be if Rhaegal dies in the fight against Cersei the Boring.  Same goes for Drogon.  What a clusterfuck of a mess, story wise.  I do feel bad for all the hard work so many do on this, just to be sabotaged by the Ds and their arrogant asses. 

ETA:  I still am confused, though.  Which dragon did the last minute total grasp of Viserion? 

28 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It's a damn shame people have to go to such lengths to be able to SEE the damn thing.  I'm thinking of finally doing a rewatch, and I have to say, this scene is one reason why.  Rhaegal was amazing, wasn't he/she?  I still want to go with she, how the hell do they know anyway, for sure?  LOL  I guess I'm going to have to doctor some of my settings and see if it helps.  I loved that last bit of a dragon getting a full grasp on the undead, right as NK was going for the ice spear throw. 

This just reminds me how PISSED OFF I will be if Rhaegal dies in the fight against Cersei the Boring.  Same goes for Drogon.  What a clusterfuck of a mess, story wise.  I do feel bad for all the hard work so many do on this, just to be sabotaged by the Ds and their arrogant asses. 

ETA:  I still am confused, though.  Which dragon did the last minute total grasp of Viserion? 

It was drogon. It is an epic scene that should have ended with rhaegal killing viserion after the NK is trown away.

And I think this vídeo is also slowed down, so I don t really know how much you can see with adjusting just the brightness...

Whoever dies in the next battle will be meme material. I mean, people survive the undead only to die beacause of cersei and some dudes that apeared 5 min ago? Cersei will a bigger impact than the NK with a dragon and his army? come on…

I can see a epic fight with the mountain and not anyone else… And if D&D dont want to subvert expectations again it will be sandor fighting his brother. So I have no idea what the other characters will be doing… Probably killing another army of extras nobody cares about...

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Hey, she's got a black eye in the promo photos.  LOL.

Hahahahaha,

Damn, I actually forgot about looking to see any coming HYPE for the next episode.  I'm still in the state of shock at the absolute decimation of the story lines, not to mention, I'm out of interest in what comes next, quite frankly.  I guess I should go take a look at some of the BS HYPE articles coming?  It's something to do, right?  Take my mind off the mess?  HA

However will our heroes defeat super smart Cersei and her well thought out, genius plans? Will Arya shapeshifting into Cersei's handmaiden and killing Cersei in her sleep be enough? Tune in for the next 3 episodes to find out!

10 hours ago, divica said:

It is pretty cool. 

It would be even better if Jon and rhaegal had finished viserion after the NK is thrown away... No idea why it didn t happen

Thank you! It can be seen much better here. It's a real shame it couldn't be appreciated in the original. I don't know whose fault it is, post production filters? compression, streaming rates? It really makes you feel sorry for all the people who worked so  hard, it's like all their work was disrespected and cheapened. I was feeling this for the cast and crew even in my first watch, but now you can add much more people to the list. 

5 hours ago, divica said:

It was drogon. It is an epic scene that should have ended with rhaegal killing viserion after the NK is trown away.

And I think this vídeo is also slowed down, so I don t really know how much you can see with adjusting just the brightness...

Whoever dies in the next battle will be meme material. I mean, people survive the undead only to die beacause of cersei and some dudes that apeared 5 min ago? Cersei will a bigger impact than the NK with a dragon and his army? come on…

I can see a epic fight with the mountain and not anyone else… And if D&D dont want to subvert expectations again it will be sandor fighting his brother. So I have no idea what the other characters will be doing… Probably killing another army of extras nobody cares about...

Thanks, it took me three watches of that clip to be sure, LOL  I suppose if I ever get to that rewatch I was going to try, I'd be certain because as the scene continues, iirc, after this footage it is made clear that Dany and Drogon do that last terrific grasp of Undead Viserion.  Thanks for the help, too. 

58 minutes ago, LucyMormont said:

Thank you! It can be seen much better here. It's a real shame it couldn't be appreciated in the original. I don't know whose fault it is, post production filters? compression, streaming rates? It really makes you feel sorry for all the people who worked so  hard, it's like all their work was disrespected and cheapened. I was feeling this for the cast and crew even in my first watch, but now you can add much more people to the list. 

I'm tired of hearing about compression and streaming rates (not talking about you, talking about those in charge of making the show, just using your post to do so.  Hope that's ok).  I watched on the HBO I pay for every month on a spectacular tv.  This is all on the Ds and their choices.  Their choices on their 'natural lighting,' as well as the script and story choices, do make me feel bad for everyone else that puts so much into this.  It's a damn, disrespectful shame, quite frankly. 

On 5/2/2019 at 12:48 PM, Amaretto said:

However will our heroes defeat super smart Cersei and her will thought out, genius plans? Will Arya shapeshifting into Cersei's handmaiden and killing Cersei in her sleep be enough? Tune in for the next 3 episodes to find out!

Cersei might be more cunning that people realize.  Notice that she banged Euron after learning that the dead had broken through the wall.  What if she did so to give herself a escape route if the AOTD had ever reached KL.  Screw the little people(or blow them and the AOTD up with wildfire), she'll just take the Kraken Uber across the Narrow Sea to Bravos, then kill Urine when his one-dimensional, cartoon personality inevitably becomes unbearable.

23 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I'm tired of hearing about compression and streaming rates (not talking about you, talking about those in charge of making the show, just using your post to do so.  Hope that's ok).  I watched on the HBO I pay for every month on a spectacular tv.  This is all on the Ds and their choices.  Their choices on their 'natural lighting,' as well as the script and story choices, do make me feel bad for everyone else that puts so much into this.  It's a damn, disrespectful shame, quite frankly. 

That's the explanation/excuses I've read somewhere. I also watched in a good tv, and couldn't see almost anything, not only this sequence, but the whole episode was dark, blurry, and pixelated. My first post in the "rate this episode" thread was that I had to watch it again before rating it, because I couldn't see a damn thing, just dark over dark with some movements, in most of the battle sequences.

But I believe that this was not only due to D&D silly "natural lighting", that for sure  tortured the cast and crew, who had to work at night in the mud with freezing temperatures for so longl. But when you see some "inside the episodes" footage, you note the big difference in lighting, you have the camera filming the episode, and the camera filming the filming, both with the same light, and the outcome is notably different. So it's evident to me that someone darkened all the footage in post production.

I may be wrong, thoug.

Rhaegal did not breathe fire once in the struggle with uViserion as far as I could see. Quite contrary to what we read in FaB/tPatQ. Guess D&D's reasoning is it wouldn't have made a difference to either Dragon-wight or its rider and spoilt the big surprise later when Dany does a Dracarys,  but really just another example of details being sacrificed to get 'big moments'.

Thx for the slowed down video and fully agree about the points about so many people putting in painstaking work that just got Dracarysed by lazy producer decisions.

51 minutes ago, LucyMormont said:

That's the explanation/excuses I've read somewhere. I also watched in a good tv, and couldn't see almost anything, not only this sequence, but the whole episode was dark, blurry, and pixelated. My first post in the "rate this episode" thread was that I had to watch it again before rating it, because I couldn't see a damn thing, just dark over dark with some movements, in most of the battle sequences.

But I believe that this was not only due to D&D silly "natural lighting", that for sure  tortured the cast and crew, who had to work at night in the mud with freezing temperatures for so longl. But when you see some "inside the episodes" footage, you note the big difference in lighting, you have the camera filming the episode, and the camera filming the filming, both with the same light, and the outcome is notably different. So it's evident to me that someone darkened all the footage in post production.

I may be wrong, thoug.

I also noticed the difference in lighting and quality for the all the behind the scenes segments (provided by GOT and HBO itself) in comparison to the show itself.  It's just beyond ridiculous.  I cannot wait to see who or what they try to blame for the next super screw up.  With them it always does come down to 'creatively it made sense.'  I just never realized how much they could mess up with their 'creativity.' 

14 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I also noticed the difference in lighting and quality for the all the behind the scenes segments (provided by GOT and HBO itself) in comparison to the show itself.  It's just beyond ridiculous.  I cannot wait to see who or what they try to blame for the next super screw up.  With them it always does come down to 'creatively it made sense.'  I just never realized how much they could mess up with their 'creativity.' 

Do you remembre the scripts that were leaked last year?

They were completly awful! The people that made the eps did a lot of small changes that made the show much better.

For exemple, it was danny that decided to investigate the caves further and finds the drawings of the first men and cotf… 

On 4/29/2019 at 1:02 PM, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

The Dothraki

The Dothraki in Westeros presented a complicated problem. They light their swords on fire with Melisandre magic, ride into the dead army. The inconvinient Dothraki are no longer a problem.

Shade of the Lamp is that you?!

On 4/29/2019 at 1:47 PM, sweetsunray said:

D&D only confirmed Shyreen burning (and we know that's gonna be set up and executed by other characters than the show gave us) and HODOR = "Hold the Door" and they went like "No, shit! Wow" when George revealed them this.

I knew this event was too brilliant to be their writing.

It's weird.  I've been watching Vikings 5.2 up on amazilla -- and everywhere we look there are shields and banners with the arms spinning out in a spiral around a center of sun, etc. Probably we'll never learn what this means to the dead / undead / whatever in GOT though.

Also, as bad bad bad as Vikings got, it's BETTER than GOT has been in the last 3 + seasons, in terms of writing, plot and characterization -- even after GOT swiped their teleport machine . . . .

What in the world?????

Well, as I observed elsewhere -- George got his evil plan to come to true fruition, writing books that tv and movies couldn't handle and thus eff up the books.  But he's made a shyte load of moola along the way ... then effed up the books himself, since he can't finish them, and D&D's HBO series is going to stand now and forever as the ASOIAF. So who is the winner of the Iron Fiction Ending?

What goes up on HBO stays up on HBO forever, or until climate change kills the internet.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:03 PM, darmody said:

I dunno about "deserve," but we never saw Arya learn 98% of the badassssssss stuff she can do, and she definitely should have died in Braavos. Also, she hasn't really been a character since she came back from Easteros. It's not just that she's not the old Arya I liked. She's nothing. A smirking psychopath who only occasionally has discernably human reactions to anything. 

Put that aside, however. How about some build-up? ANY build-up. Warping irrelevant dialogue from previous seasons doesn't count. How about linking the Faceless Men to the war against the dead and show Arya learning where to stab the Night King? Or just make it look like she actually cares about Bran and will do anything to protect him? Or give her an actual relationship with Melisandre apart from having looked into eachother's eyes once years ago?

Jon met the Night King twice before. They looked eachother in the eye. The Night King taunted him. We've seen Jon kill White Walkers, so we know he knows how. That's build-up. It's not hard. 

^^^^^ This

There was nooooo "valid" (I say that because trying to use the eyes scene from S3 as "foreshadowing" was bullshit because they thought of her killing the NK years after S3 was developed and aired) build up to Arya killing him. She just learned the WWs were a thing not even a season ago. Jon has had mountains of set up through 7 seasons that if anyone would of the ability to take out the Night King or would know how to take him out. It would be him. Incompetent battle planning and plot armor aside that final scene killed the episode and this show. This show was always leading to this battle, not to who sits on the iron throne, that was always gonna become irrelevant to the main overall story. Now D&D are trying to tell us that this major threat was the thing that was always irrelevant. They've shit all over the message of this story.

27 minutes ago, Zorral said:

It's weird.  I've been watching Vikings 5.2 up on amazilla -- and everywhere we look there are shields and banners with the arms spinning out in a spiral around a center of sun, etc. Probably we'll never learn what this means to the dead / undead / whatever in GOT though.

Also, as bad bad bad as Vikings got, it's BETTER than GOT has been in the last 3 + seasons, in terms of writing, plot and characterization -- even after GOT swiped their teleport machine . . . .

What in the world?????

Well, as I observed elsewhere -- George got his evil plan to come to true fruition, writing books that tv and movies couldn't handle and thus eff up the books.  But he's made a shyte load of moola along the way ... then effed up the books himself, since he can't finish them, and D&D's HBO series is going to stand now and forever as the ASOIAF. So who is the winner of the Iron Fiction Ending?

What goes up on HBO stays up on HBO forever, or until climate change kills the internet.

I got the impression the Viking symbols of which you speak were supposed to be Black Suns, which are associated with Nazis. Just so there's no confusion as to whether Ivar is supposed to be the bad guy. (There is other Nazi-like stuff he does, which I won't go into.)

Huh? A good adaptation was possible, and the proof is that’s what we had for a while... the problem is not the complexity or scale or whatever. The problem is the Ds can’t write a coherent story to save their own lives because they have no talent. Simple. 

At this point I feel like whoever said upturead, I give zero fucks about the end. Let’s go full mental. I wish for all my faves to die - Jon, Arya, Jaime, Bran, Sansa, Brienne - and for Cersei to reign supreme w/ Tyrion as her hand and confidant, while UnGregor and Gramps Qyburn play nanny to her child. Fitting for the Awesome Lannisters Show. 

Archived