Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Lady Fevre Dream

4 hours ago, neo555 said:

Cersei might be more cunning that people realize.  Notice that she banged Euron after learning that the dead had broken through the wall.  What if she did so to give herself a escape route if the AOTD had ever reached KL.  Screw the little people(or blow them and the AOTD up with wildfire), she'll just take the Kraken Uber across the Narrow Sea to Bravos, then kill Urine when his one-dimensional, cartoon personality inevitability becomes unbearable.

How very Mad King Aerys of Cersei.

20 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Huh? A good adaptation was possible, and the proof is that’s what we had for a while... the problem is not the complexity or scale or whatever. The problem is the Ds can’t write a coherent story to save their own lives because they have no talent. Simple. 

At this point I feel like whoever said upturead, I give zero fucks about the end. Let’s go full mental. I wish for all my faves to die - Jon, Arya, Jaime, Bran, Sansa, Brienne - and for Cersei to reign supreme w/ Tyrion as her hand and confidant, while UnGregor and Gramps Qyburn play nanny to her child. Fitting for the Awesome Lannisters Show. 

Never will be team Cersei! Too bad though they took away our option to be team NK :bang:

20 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Huh? A good adaptation was possible, and the proof is that’s what we had for a while... the problem is not the complexity or scale or whatever. The problem is the Ds can’t write a coherent story to save their own lives because they have no talent. Simple. 

What I don t understand is how HBO people let this come true. They mus have test groups and at least medium IQ. This episode besides ruining the story of the show is bad on battle logic, visibility and usage of the bad guys. Someone with power should have said:

D&D this piece of shit isn t your real script right? 

3 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Never will be team Cersei! Too bad though they took away our option to be team NK :bang:

By the way, as they had danny burning the food that was going to KL and cersei just brought 20 000 men will food shortage be a problem during a siege?

Like it happened in that battle in season 2 of a show people used to like…. how was it called...

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

It's weird.  I've been watching Vikings 5.2 up on amazilla -- and everywhere we look there are shields and banners with the arms spinning out in a spiral around a center of sun, etc. Probably we'll never learn what this means to the dead / undead / whatever in GOT though.

The sun-wheel  – closely associated with the swastika, which is a simplification of it – is used in many ancient religions. The Georgian borjgali and the Armenian arevakhach are variants of the same, and in all those cultures (as far as I'm aware)  is an ancient symbol of power, holiness, prosperity, continuity, luck, and fire (the life force).  Even it's name in the different traditions points to the opposite of what the WW of GOT represent. 

In Norse/Viking religion, the wheel/disc/swastika became increasingly associated with Thor and was worn as an amulet and carved on tombstones as a symbol of both continuity and luck. it was also often carved on objects to imbue them with sanctity or simply luck. A blacksmith, for example, would have a swastika/sun-wheel carved on his hammer to not only sanctify it for his work but to make the object lucky; and a warrior in his shield as to bring protection and good luck.

The fact that in Got they made this a symbol to be used by the White Walkers (who themselves are the representation of dark, cold and ice, just the opposite of the sun-life force), and that the materials for their "art" were a bunch of corpses, dead animals /people, is a contradiction.

Unless these are the WW mocking the living, using their "life" symbol just for the opposite,  and saying "f**k you!".

Or, it has no meaning, they just saw it in some Ragnarok story,  and just said "wouldn't be cool that we put these on screen?"

3 minutes ago, LucyMormont said:

Unless these are the WW mocking the living, using their "life" symbol just for the opposite,  and saying "f**k you!".

Or, it has no meaning, they just saw it in some Ragnarok story,  and just said "wouldn't be cool that we put these on screen?"

Option 2, evidently. 

17 minutes ago, LucyMormont said:

The sun-weel  – closely associated with the swastika, which is a simplification of it – is used in many ancient religions. The Georgian borjgali and the Armenian arevakhach are variants of the same, and in all those cultures (as far as I'm aware)  is an ancient symbol of power, holiness, prosperity, continuity, luck, and fire (the life force).  Even it's name in the different traditions points to the opposite of what the WW of GOT represent. 

In Norse/Viking religion, the wheel/disc/swastika became increasingly associated with Thor and was worn as an amulet and carved on tombstones as a symbol of both continuity and luck. it was also often carved on objects to imbue them with sanctity or simply luck. A blacksmith, for example, would have a swastika/sun-wheel carved on his hammer to not only sanctify it for his work but to make the object lucky; and a worrier in his shield as to bring protection and good luck.

The fact that in Got they made this a symbol to be used by the White Walkers (who themselves are the representation of dark, cold and ice, just the opposite of the sun-life force), and that the materials for their "art" were a bunch of corpses, dead animals /people, is a contradiction.

I've heard said that they were using it in mockery like how the cross gets turned upside down. Except they use the exact same symbol to mock it which doesn't make sense given the example. It would have worked brilliantly to turn it counter-clockwise to mock it as this would be consistent with Bran's explanation that they wanted to undo everything - or turn back time in a manner. But no...

The thing that makes me laugh the most is the zombies moving that fast but they waited over a month after getting an undead wall burning dragon for Dany&co to sail down to Kingslanding with a Wyte then they waited another two weeks (ignoring the real length it takes to travel from kingslanding to the north approximately 1 month at a fast pace) They waited a total of three weeks to melt the wall and begin their attack on Winterfell. Damn that is one unlucky NightKing if he had just flown straight to melt the wall the moment he got the dragon he could've been in the Riverlands by the time Jon and Daenerys knew anything about it.

3 hours ago, divica said:

What I don t understand is how HBO people let this come true. They mus have test groups and at least medium IQ. This episode besides ruining the story of the show is bad on battle logic, visibility and usage of the bad guys. Someone with power should have said:

D&D this piece of shit isn t your real script right? 

How did HBO let them reshoot the pilot after messing it up so bad that viewers didn't even realize Cersei and Jaime were sister and brother? Aside from the fact that Martin signed off on them.

It costs a lot to do that stuff. Not to mention getting the cast back together. Which they didn't do because several main characters were replaced. 

But whatever. Game of Thrones is a moneymaker now, and the audience was kinda locked in for this episode at least. They were going to watch no matter how bad. 

3 hours ago, divica said:

By the way, as they had danny burning the food that was going to KL and cersei just brought 20 000 men will food shortage be a problem during a siege?

Like it happened in that battle in season 2 of a show people used to like…. how was it called...

Qyburn will feed the little birds to Cersei and the troops. The rest of the population can starve. 

3 hours ago, LucyMormont said:

The sun-weel  – closely associated with the swastika, which is a simplification of it – is used in many ancient religions. The Georgian borjgali and the Armenian arevakhach are variants of the same, and in all those cultures (as far as I'm aware)  is an ancient symbol of power, holiness, prosperity, continuity, luck, and fire (the life force).  Even it's name in the different traditions points to the opposite of what the WW of GOT represent. 

In Norse/Viking religion, the wheel/disc/swastika became increasingly associated with Thor and was worn as an amulet and carved on tombstones as a symbol of both continuity and luck. it was also often carved on objects to imbue them with sanctity or simply luck. A blacksmith, for example, would have a swastika/sun-wheel carved on his hammer to not only sanctify it for his work but to make the object lucky; and a warrior in his shield as to bring protection and good luck.

White Walkers. White. Blue eyes. Attempted genocide of Wildlings, possible actual genocide of Dothraki. Occult powers. OMG, the baddies are Nazis!

So I have been reading for a while and have never joined in but after the last episode... ugh. I was so disappointed. 

I can except that they strayed from the source material and I can accept that Arya killed the night king.... if they actually told a coherent story!!! 

I agree with so much of what everyone has been saying, it was too dark, there was no logic behind a lot of decisions, Wtf was the point of Bran (the human library??) etc

i have never watched a behind the episode before but I watched the one posted above cause I wanted to listen to what D and D had to say about their decision to have Arya kill the night king. For years Jons story has been about his battle with the white walkers and the night king, trying to get the rest of Westeros to understand the threat, to try and protect the north and the realm.... but they said it couldn’t be Jon who kills the night king because.... it didnt feel “right”?? What?? Why?? Arya has had  no back story with the night king, no experience with the white walkers at all until they showed up in winterfell but she had to be the one to kill the night king because.... reasons?! Ugh 

i saw endgame and I won’t go into any spoilers but the ending wasn’t necessarily shocking or surprising.... but it was so satisfying! Having Jon kill the night king would have been so much more satisfying I think. It would have been payoff for all the build up over 8 seasons! 

I stupidly have hope that they will still turn this around in the last 3 episodes but I kind of doubt it. So many unanswered questions. 

Ah ha, I posted this in the General S8 thread, but it figured I'd bring it over here.  Mostly because I want to know if anyone else noticed that for some reason......Rhaegal had red frills? 

Ah, so, I've saved up one Rant and I'm not certain I've seen this one addressed as yet. 

I can't be the only one that wants to know:  Why does Rhaegal have friggin red frills?  That confused the hell out of me.  It's bad enough how hard it was to tell one dragon from the other thanks to all the darkness (thank the gods for the blue flame, I guess?), but I still don't understand why all the sudden Rhaegal was supporting red frills?  I think I finally have the time today to do that rewatch.  Let's see if it looks...........better or worse?  hahahahaha 

Honestly, though, I remember one of the stills for the episode showing Jon near a dragon with red frills, so I thought it had to be Drogon.  But no, poor Rhaegal, just like Ghost, he's an after thought.  Everything Jon touches, huh?  Dany should be careful then, she'll be the next thing the Ds don't give a shit about. 

10 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

At this point I feel like whoever said upturead, I give zero fucks about the end. Let’s go full mental. I wish for all my faves to die - Jon, Arya, Jaime, Bran, Sansa, Brienne - and for Cersei to reign supreme w/ Tyrion as her hand and confidant, while UnGregor and Gramps Qyburn play nanny to her child. Fitting for the Awesome Lannisters Show. 

Almost perfect, but Cersei has to finally realize that Tyrion, Saint that he is, is the perfect Lannister, and she loves him.  In a her special brotherly way.  I think that's what the Ds THINK the story should be.  The incest is just in all the wrong places, LOL 

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Almost perfect, but Cersei has to finally realize that Tyrion, Saint that he is, is the perfect Lannister, and she loves him.  In a her special brotherly way.  I think that's what the Ds THINK the story should be.  The incest is just in all the wrong places, LOL 

Didn t they have that moment in last season's finale?

And in the reruns cersei and tyrion had sibling moments before stannis atacks.

The show makes the relations between the lannisters pretty strange. They act like a loving familly in one instance and are trying to kill each other the next. Even tywin was sweet to tyrion at times...

19 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Great, then we can get dwarf-dick jokes from a new perspective. 

40 minutes ago, Idrinkanddontknowanything said:

So I have been reading for a while and have never joined in but after the last episode... ugh. I was so disappointed. 

I can except that they strayed from the source material and I can accept that Arya killed the night king.... if they actually told a coherent story!!! 

I agree with so much of what everyone has been saying, it was too dark, there was no logic behind a lot of decisions, Wtf was the point of Bran (the human library??) etc

i have never watched a behind the episode before but I watched the one posted above cause I wanted to listen to what D and D had to say about their decision to have Arya kill the night king. For years Jons story has been about his battle with the white walkers and the night king, trying to get the rest of Westeros to understand the threat, to try and protect the north and the realm.... but they said it couldn’t be Jon who kills the night king because.... it didnt feel “right”?? What?? Why?? Arya has had  no back story with the night king, no experience with the white walkers at all until they showed up in winterfell but she had to be the one to kill the night king because.... reasons?! Ugh 

i saw endgame and I won’t go into any spoilers but the ending wasn’t necessarily shocking or surprising.... but it was so satisfying! Having Jon kill the night king would have been so much more satisfying I think. It would have been payoff for all the build up over 8 seasons! 

I stupidly have hope that they will still turn this around in the last 3 episodes but I kind of doubt it. So many unanswered questions. 

Those Inside the Episode segments have evolved over the years from them mostly just talking about the story they were adapting (for the most part), into an exercise in ego and arrogance, blatant misunderstandings of the source material, and a bit of proof that they just wanted this over with as soon as possible.  Sometime in season 5 I had to stop watching them, for the most part, just for my own protection.  These guys say things like 'Needle is REVENGE' not, as GRRM wrote, "Jon Snow's smile.'  They also spouted the crazy phrase:  Creatively it made sense to us, because we wanted it to happen.  That little beauty was about the initial meeting of Dany and Tyrion, but it's a telling point for all they choose to do.  I decided to watch these aggravating segments again this year to be sure I had the full picture of the mess they've made. 

I just wanted to thank you for your first post and hope you'll post more the coming weeks if you want.  I wish I could say there was something I even hope for going forward in these last 3 episodes, but I just want this over, LOL  I can use already published sample chapters of TWOW and my imagination for some type of ending.  If I get more from GRRM, great, if not.......then not.  I'm not sure what to do with the Ds mess in relation to the entirety of the story, other than realize:  Creatively......it doesn't make sense, so it didn't happen.  Not really, LOL 

Archived