Rant and Rave Without Repercussion End of The World Edition [Spoilers]

Lady Fevre Dream

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

But it wouldn’t be anything that stupid like that... that’s the point. Read the pitch again: “the true origin of the WWs”, “it’s not the story we think we know”. 

The problem is more to do w/ GoT ending really badly. 

One thing is the pitch and the other is what we know so far.

Unless the series is all about what led to the creation of the others and ends when the first long night beguins it is doomed. You can t take the NK as some invencible foe when you just saw how easy he was to defeat.

And I always thought the prequel would be mostly spent during the first long night and a world wide conflict to end it.

In another 48 hrs or so we will be done w/ 2/3 of the final series. Either they pull a super awesome (coherent and logical) twist on Sunday to prove us all wrong, or it’s probably going to be the most boring episode ever. Stares and glares and plotting galore from the writers who can’t plot. 

In another 48 hrs or so we will be done w/ 2/3 of the final series. Either they pull a super awesome (coherent and logical) twist on Sunday to prove us all wrong, or it’s probably going to be the most boring episode ever. Stares and glares and plotting galore from the writers who can’t plot. 

The high moment of the episode will bron killing Jamie. It just smells like we will have the mourning, planning, travelling and somewhere close to the end of the ep bronn will try to kill tyrion and jamie sacrífices himself to save his brother.

Just now, divica said:

One thing is the pitch and the other is what we know so far.

Unless the series is all about what led to the creation of the others and ends when the first long night beguins it is doomed. You can t take the NK as some invencible foe when you just saw how easy he was to defeat.

And I always thought the prequel would be mostly spent during the first long night and a world wide conflict to end it.

You are still missing the point. The whole idea of the prequel is to show that the WWs weren’t created like we saw, hence “the true origin of the WWs”. We “think” we know the story but we don’t, hence, “it’s not the story we think we know”. If the WWs were created differently, and if the who,e story around them is different, the way to fight and defeat them will be different as well. 

Ramsay at least had 20 GOOD MEN, Arya Ahai only had a little knife. 

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Poignant burying of the dead, cue music and sad faces.  Somehow Dany gets somebody to agree to go South and fight Cersei.  Dragons probably noted to be wounded.  Cersei and Euron.  All set up for ANOTHER battle.  It's almost an hour and half which seems like too much time for another set up, let's chat before the battle episode, so maybe if there is a twist, we see set up of that too.  

The Prequel series being cancelled would be a good thing at this stage. Seems like the ASoIaF universe has ran out of story - why prolong the agony? It's entirely possible there was never any real depth or meaningful explanations anyway and all everyone was doing was just making up crap as they went along to try and fill in blanks left after a great start.

Just now, divica said:

The high moment of the episode will bron killing Jamie. It just smells like we will have the mourning, planning, travelling and somewhere close to the end of the ep bronn will try to kill tyrion and jamie sacrífices himself to save his brother.

This sounds sooo D&D-ish I’m now afraid it will happen. :ack:

You are still missing the point. The whole idea of the prequel is to show that the WWs weren’t created like we saw, hence “the true origin of the WWs”. We “think” we know the story but we don’t, hence, “it’s not the story we think we know”. If the WWs were created differently, and if the who,e story around them is different, the way to fight and defeat them will be different as well. 

Ramsay at least had 20 GOOD MEN, Arya Ahai only had a little knife. 

You are really optimistic.

I would bet Money that “the true origin of the WWs” is related  to why the cotf decided to create the others and from where that spell came from. And “it’s not the story we think we know” is because we basically don t know any story. As far as possibilities go the NK might just be a dude that was betrayed by the woman he loved and wants revenge...

Or we think the ww have a new origin in the prequel and what we learned in got doesn t apply to the ww in the prequel? because that would be a huge FU to got...

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Poignant burying of the dead, cue music and sad faces.  Somehow Dany gets somebody to agree to go South and fight Cersei.  Dragons probably noted to be wounded.  Cersei and Euron.  All set up for ANOTHER battle.  It's almost an hour and half which seems like too much time for another set up, let's chat before the battle episode, so maybe if there is a twist, we see set up of that too.  

You know, I’m so... uninterested and kind of lost in all this awful mess they created that I can’t even think of any possible developments for the next episode. Other than stares and glares and sad faces, sad music, and everything looking very blue-grey and gloomy yadda yadda yadda. At least we should be able to actually see stuff, right? Maybe? 

I think what you suggest sounds about right. And 90 mins of it will be way too much... 

This sounds sooo D&D-ish I’m now afraid it will happen. :ack:

Bronn has to appear before the battle and I still friki's leaks that have tyrion on the last ep.

So unless bronn apears and has a bro moment like "I was ofered tons of gold but I love you lannister boys too much. I just can t you guys" somebody should die...

1 minute ago, divica said:

I would bet Money that “the true origin of the WWs” is related  to why the cotf decided to create the others and from where that spell came from. And “it’s not the story we think we know” is because we basically don t know any story. As far as possibilities go the NK might just be a dude that was betrayed by the woman he loved and wants revenge...

Or we think the ww have a new origin in the prequel and what we learned in got doesn t apply to the ww in the prequel? because that would be a huge FU to got...

You are still thinking as if the prequel would be run by the Ds! 

As to the bold, yeah, that’s exactly what I’m saying! 

3 minutes ago, divica said:

Well, I think the CotF creating Weewees was d&d getting it from theories on the internet. I don't believe for a minute that this is the true story behind the origin of the WWs at all.

But I do agree that I can see HBO rethinking a prequel about WWs and the Long Night with the "bad boss easy kill" episode they delivered now.

You are still thinking as if the prequel would be run by the Ds! 

As to the bold, yeah, that’s exactly what I’m saying! 

Ok. I would like to see the prequel if that was the case. However it would be basically saying that got sucks and treated the ww story realy bad. So now we will do a new series about the same premise but well done!

Just now, sweetsunray said:

Well, I think the CotF creating Weewees was d&d getting it from theories on the internet. I don't believe for a minute that this is the true story behind the origin of the WWs at all.

But the problem is that creationg another origin story for the ww would be saying that what we saw in GOT is false. It would make GOT even worse!

5 minutes ago, ummester said:

The Prequel series being cancelled would be a good thing at this stage. Seems like the ASoIaF universe has ran out of story - why prolong the agony? It's entirely possible there was never any real depth or meaningful explanations anyway and all everyone was doing was just making up crap as they went along to try and fill in blanks left after a great start.

I would have been very interested in a prequel based on Aegon's Conquest - that would have been thrilling, chilling, etc. and involve no wights/Walkers.  I might give a prequel set 8000 years back and dealing with the origins of the Night King and wights a chance, but I am not anticipating that I will enjoy it to the extent I've enjoyed "Game of Thrones".   Part of my lack of faith stems from my complete lack of interest in zombies/wights/scrabbling mindless reanimated corpses; the Walkers are slightly more intriguing, but the show has only offered a few hints (the taking and turning of Craster's baby, the making of the Night King by the Children) and then bang! Arya destroys them all with one stab.

Just now, Raksha 2014 said:

I would have been very interested in a prequel based on Aegon's Conquest - that would have been thrilling, chilling, etc. and involve no wights/Walkers.  I might give a prequel set 8000 years back and dealing with the origins of the Night King and wights a chance, but I am not anticipating that I will enjoy it to the extent I've enjoyed "Game of Thrones".   Part of my lack of faith stems from my complete lack of interest in zombies/wights/scrabbling mindless reanimated corpses; the Walkers are slightly more intriguing, but the show has only offered a few hints (the taking and turning of Craster's baby, the making of the Night King by the Children) and then bang! Arya destroys them all with one stab.

The problem with aegons conquest is that -

you have a problem with me? Then I will use my dragon to burn you!!!!

I find maegor's life much more interesting and it full of war and epic moments.

3 minutes ago, divica said:

But the problem is that creationg another origin story for the ww would be saying that what we saw in GOT is false. It would make GOT even worse!

Seems like inititally HBO was willing to go for that, since they got at least one big name on the cast for the pilot. The producer delved into the world book material and came up with her own story according to some of the interviews about it.

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones:_The_Long_Night

Just now, Raksha 2014 said:

I was most interested in the connective magical tissue for the universe - how did it all fit together and function (R'hllor/Others/Dragons/The fall of Valyria/The Pact/How the Seasons work etc) GRRM did promise an explanation for at least some of this stuff and hinted for others (There were dragons everywhere once) so I expected those explanations had been given to D&D/HBO and would have translated (at least in part) to the TV show. Considering there is no longer any hint of a logically connected world in the show, either D&D are incompetent beyond belief at story telling, being so bad as to be able to actively make things worse, or GRRM didn't have that much backstory to give them anyway. I expect it some combination of both - that D&D are entirely incompetent and that GRRM didn't have a complete understanding of how the universe he created worked - so I think letting the whole thing die is likely the least painful outcome for creators and fans now.

10 minutes ago, ummester said:

I was most interested in the connective magical tissue for the universe - how did it all fit together and function (R'hllor/Others/Dragons/The fall of Valyria/The Pact/How the Seasons work etc) GRRM did promise an explanation for at least some of this stuff and hinted for others (There were dragons everywhere once) so I expected those explanations had been given to D&D/HBO and would have translated (at least in part) to the TV show. Considering there is no longer any hint of a logically connected world in the show, either D&D are incompetent beyond belief at story telling, being so bad as to be able to actively make things worse, or GRRM didn't have that much backstory to give them anyway. I expect it some combination of both - that D&D are entirely incompetent and that GRRM didn't have a complete understanding of how the universe he created worked - so I think letting the whole thing die is likely the least painful outcome for creators and fans now.

Based on George's words about it, and his insistence of there being "no dragons" and no KL, no IT, a different older society altogether, and he remains mum about any of the other pitched prequels, I get the impression he wants a project where there is less political machinations and more magic (without dragons stealing the show and pushing everything else from view). Euhm so basically, not what d&d did (and what they did, they did badly).

Just now, sweetsunray said:

Seems like inititally HBO was willing to go for that, since they got at least one big name on the cast for the pilot. The producer delved into the world book material and came up with her own story according to some of the interviews about it.

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones:_The_Long_Night

Even if that sounds cool it makes no sense.

It is like they are saying that they don t agree with how GOT was written and want to start again...

Archived